Quick Step Mantis (1979)

lungfei

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/01/2017 at 1:39 PM, lungfei said:

Anyone here know if this wang tao movie has ever been found? been looking for it for years.

Love to know more about this title myself, never heard of any DVD/VCD/VHS release for this one.

I think this is one of those "Holy Grail" movies, as I myself have looked for it with little success. Blast!

12 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I think this is one of those "Holy Grail" movies, as I myself have looked for it with little success. Blast!

Hi Doc, can you identify the lady performing a kick in the image @lungfei posted?.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Hi Doc, can you identify the lady performing a kick in the image @lungfei posted?.

Hmm...according to the image, the characters at the bottom are the following, but I don't know if they represent the cast:

Wang [?]

Ying Yegong

Si Chupin

Hai Chuban

Quan Youxiang

Gang Haiyang

Dian Yinggong

Si Fahang

Wong Tao mentions the film in this 2014 interview. Maybe someone with better translation skills than these online translators can clarify what he is saying in the last part. It does look like the film may have never been completed or released, maybe only 1/3 finished and then Wong Tao refunded the money himself after the success of Jackie Chan. The last line seems to be a pun on the title of the film. "Source" is the film "The Pioneers"

問:可否談談讓你「棄武從文」的中央電影公司大戲《源》?

答:電影《源》是中央電影公司的年度大片,主要演員是徐楓、石雋;陳耀圻導演一再說服我演出,我也覺得需要一點文戲的磨練,生活化的表演,所以就接演。當時我的片酬已高達每部戲八十萬元,而且自組電影公司當老闆,為了配合有限的預算,我自動減價只拿一半的片酬。

為了演《源》,我剃光頭演了十一個月的戲,還退掉了我自己公司拍了三分之一的新片《奔步螳螂》,這戲由「媒球」當導演,已花了一百多萬,我把片商的全部訂金退還,想等演完《源》再拍,沒有想到後來的變化是「媒球」死了,成龍以新的打法─北派翻滾喜劇快速竄紅,武打片的世界完全改觀,《奔步螳螂》也奔不出去了。

--------------------------------------

Google:

Q: Can you talk about the Central Drama Company's drama, "Source"?

A: The film "source" is the central film company's annual blockbuster, the main actor is Xu Feng, Shi Jun; Chen Yaoqi director repeatedly to persuade me to perform, I also feel a bit of text drama temper, life of performance. At that time, my fee has been as high as 800,000 yuan per play, and since the film company when the boss, in order to meet the limited budget, I automatically take only half the price.

In order to play the "source", I shaved the head of the eleven months of the play, but also returned my own company took a third of the new film "Bengbu mantis", the play by the "media" when the director has Spent more than one million, I put the film's full deposit refund, would like to finish the "source" to shoot, did not think the later change is the "media" dead, Jackie Chan to a new play - Fast fame, martial arts film completely changed the world, "Ben step mantis" is also Ben Buqu out.

Systran:

Question: Whether chatting does let you "abandon military from article" central film company major drama "Source"?

Answer: Movie "Source" is the year big piece of central film company, the star turn is Xu Feng, Shi Jun; Director Chen Yaoqi convinced me to perform repeatedly, I also thought that needed disciplining of play of civil history, the performance of adaptation, therefore held over. At that time my salary has reached as high as each department plays 800,000 Yuan, moreover was the boss from the group film company, to coordinate limited budget, I reduced the price automatically only take 50% salaries.

In order to develop "Source", I shaved clean to perform in 11 months of play, but also sent back our company to pat one-third new piece "To rush to Step Praying mantis", this play worked as the director by "intermediary ball", has spent 1 million, I returned the complete deposit of film executive, wants to wait to develop "Source" pats again, has not thought that afterward change was "intermediary ball" died, Jackie Chan in new fighting method - the north school tumbling comedy became popular all at once fast, the world of movie featuring Chinese acrobatic fighting had a new look completely, "Rushed to Step Praying mantis" cannot rush.

Free Translation (last part only):

In order to exercise the source, I shave head for the 11 months of game, also remove the my own company 1/3 photographed the new movie time step praying mantis, this game from "media ball" directed by the Administration, we have spent more than 1 hundred million, I put the film distributors all deposit refund, waiting for the source of the played out again, and no thought cometh after the change of the "Media" ball dead, as long as a new game dispatched to North Korea- Turn rolling-hi drama and they stood fast discretionary bonus kongfu world complete conversion, the time step praying mantis also time.

18 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Hmm...according to the image, the characters at the bottom are the following, but I don't know if they represent the cast:

Thanks for that Doc, did you translate those yourself?.

14 hours ago, panku said:

Wong Tao mentions the film in this 2014 interview. Maybe someone with better translation skills than these online translators can clarify what he is saying in the last part. It does look like the film may have never been completed or released, maybe only 1/3 finished and then Wong Tao refunded the money himself after the success of Jackie Chan. The last line seems to be a pun on the title of the film. "Source" is the film "The Pioneers"

Thanks for posting that piece of interview panku.

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for that Doc, did you translate those yourself?.

19 hours ago, panku said:

I used my trusty Chinese dictionary for that.

18 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I used my trusty Chinese dictionary for that.

That's cool, love to know more about the rest of the movies cast.

Archived