Kickboxer: Armageddon (2024) - Alain Moussi, Scott Adkins

AlbertV

A third and supposed final installment of the Kickboxer reboot franchise is scheduled to begin shooting next month. Originally called Kickboxer: Syndicate, the film has a new tentative title of Kickboxer: Armageddon. What is confirmed that Alain Moussi is returning to the role of Kurt Sloane.

Now, some interesting casting news has popped up and for now, take this with a grain of salt. Rumors are emerging that Mike Tyson is reprising his role from Kickboxer: Retaliation and Punjabi actor Ranjha Vikram Singh (Heropanti) may be joining the cast after meeting with producer Rob Hickman and even met with Mike Tyson during the holidays.

19-tyson-2.jpg?w=381&h=384

This is where we take the grain of salt...Tony Jaa may be joining the cast of the film as well according the source who claimed Singh is joining the cast.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumbai-heropanti-ranjha-vikram-singh-mike-tyson-co-star-kickboxer-movie-bollywood-news/17922189

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

The sequels hadn't even hit the editing room, before talk of a third movie broke out. Now there's an up-date in regards to the third film, from the talented team over at CityOnFire.Com.

Link- http://cityonfire.com/mike-tyson-christopher-lambert-to-return-for-kickboxer-armageddon/

Not sure where they can go?, when it was title The Syndicate, I assumed it would feature Kurt Sloane crossing the paths of a criminal gang. Not sure if this will be the cast in the final film?. While I've yet to see the latest movie(Paying U.K viewers have to wait until March), how can they top a fight with the likes of towering strongman Bjornsson?. Unless he faces a T-Rex, after Sloanes spent a year on a diet of pure HGH.

Mike Tyson and Alain Moussi duke it out, in the Kickboxer sequel.

920x920.jpg

• Like 1

More names attached to the third movie in the Kickboxer re-dux, and unless I'm seeing things, Snoop Dogg is in talks to join the cast?.

• Like 1

Looks like it's going to shoot soon because from that video Alain is back to sporting the Sloane look as opposed to the long hair and beard.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
52 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Looks like it's going to shoot soon because from that video Alain is back to sporting the Sloane look as opposed to the long hair and beard.

Looks that way, and the fact he says he's practiicng some new kicks for the third movie.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

They need to get away from the "David vs Goliath" mentality with the 3rd installment. Go with style of combat rather than size and brute strength.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
20 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

They need to get away from the "David vs Goliath" mentality with the 3rd installment.

I don't see how they can top the last fight, if they did try to go that route again. Unless they had Slaone fight a human/t-Rex hybrid.

15 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

Ugh this franchise is getting worse by the movie. Anyone else miss the old Sascha Mitchells?

I think both the Mitchell/Moussi films have positives and negatives.

ShaOW!linDude
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I don't see how they can top the last fight, if they did try to go that route again. Unless they had Slaone fight a human/t-Rex hybrid.

I didn't think the end fight in the 2nd was as good as the 1st. The finale against Bautista had more MA meat to it for me.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I didn't think the end fight in the 2nd was as good as the 1st. The finale against Bautista had more MA meat to it for me.

Bautista had a lot more film combat experience than the big strongman did, he also had experince from his days as a Pro-Wrestler. Which I'm sure helped them crate a more solid fight. To me the final in the seuqel was less of a Martial Arts fight, more of a full on brawl.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

To me the final in the seuqel was less of a Martial Arts fight, more of a full on brawl.

Yeah, it was more a cycle of Moussi getting slammed around all over the place and then getting in a lick or two. Not a lot of style to appreciate there.

• Like 1

The first of the new Kickboxers almost bored me to death so I was quite surprised when I enjoyed the sequel a lot. The action in the second is much better filmed and more effectively edited, even though a few pretentious editing choices seem questionable. Looking forward to part 3.

• Like 3

I agree with @ShaOW!linDude ...I think they need to have a fighter with at least equal skills to Moussi's and not bring a big hulking type. If they are going to do David vs. Goliath, at least have someone like and this is my personal opinion, Nathan Jones.

But I think if they plan to end it with Armageddon, which is being rumored as the final installment, have Kurt face off against someone of equal size and skill, or someone who does have better skills and not just pick someone because of their size.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

But I think if they plan to end it with Armageddon, which is being rumored as the final installment, have Kurt face off against someone of equal size and skill, or someone who does have better skills and not just pick someone because of their size.

When it first announced under the title Kikcboxer Syndicate, I was hoping to see Sloane, Durand and Liu up against a criminal gang, either in Asia or North America.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

If that's the look he is going to sport for Armageddon...that's pretty sick!

Looks their going for that slightly traditional Thai fighter look, with the long hair/exstentions tied back.

It's a cool look in my opinion.

• Like 2

It takes alot to blow my mind these days, so hopefully they put even a little more effort into the fights yet. ; )

I grabbed a still of the new Kurt Sloane look. This is going to be insane. I hope they find a suitable fighter for him to face and not another giant-type known more for brute strength.

kickboxerarmageddon-teaser.png

• Like 2

Shooting on Kickboxer: Armageddon will begin after Moussi and Logothetis work on Jiu Jitsu, which shoots this summer in Cyprus.

• Like 2

I talked with Dimitri Logothetis this week as talked about Jiu Jitsu. Kickboxer: Armageddon is coming in 2021 for sure and from what he told me...sounds like he's going to up the ante in the next one in terms of action. 

• Like 2

Alain Moussi talked with me a bit about Kickboxer: Armageddon when we talked about Jiu Jitsu last night. He said the script for Armageddon is the best of the trilogy and expect Kurt Sloane to go places he's never expected to go to and find redemption. He also said there will be some new fighters and it's a surprise as to who they may have gotten. He and Dimitri Logothetis have one goal in mind with Armageddon: to make the audiences crawl out of their seats by the end. Shooting is scheduled for 2021 confirmed by both. (See the Jiu Jitsu thread for the interviews)

• Like 3

After many years of development, Dimitri Logothetis finally revealed that Kickboxer: Armageddon is hoping to production in January via a SAG-AFTRA interim agreement and even revealed the plot:

Kickboxer Armageddon sees Kurt Sloane's world turned upside down once again, when an explosion meant for him kills his wife and baby. With nothing left to lose, Kurt runs ferociously through the underground fight scene of Malaysia, training to track down and assassinate the man responsible, Master Durand’s twin brother Cesare.

This will be the final installment of the reboot sag as Logothetis meant to have strictly a trilogy. There's also the still in-development series reboot in the works too, Operation Kickboxer, which would go the 3rd brother route. 

https://deadline.com/2023/08/kickboxer-armageddon-flying-shadow-films-dimitri-logothetis-1235521859/