Wolf Warrior II (2017) - Wu Jing vs. Frank Grillo

AlbertV

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wu Jing recently addressed both the netizen wildfire that he and Donnie Yen are at odds and something interesting:

"Wu Jing said that earlier they ran into each other and Yen congratulated him. Would he and Yen Chi Tan have another chance to work together? He said that it would depend on whether the audience would give them that chance."

Wu Jing also said he has written Wolf Warrior as a trilogy, but will make some changes for the third film.

"10 years ago I already had this script for WOLF WARRIOR 1 to 3. When I made the first one, the entire world was against it. Now the box office has been proven, but it is 10 years later. The world has changed. I have to arrange anew how to keep it going. However patriotism will be mainly featured, it still lacks an explanation of the relationship between the leads."

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2017/09/20170907-wu-jing-leaves-working-with.html

Watched this today and, I must say, I enjoyed it a lot. It’s a pretty silly homage to 80’s/early 90’s action with a massive patriotic lean but it’s hugely fun.

While the action is 90% gunfights, there are some pretty nice hand to hand sequences. No wires, either. Some are better than others but I was certainly pleased with what was offered. Wu Jing’s still got it.

The only thing that pulls the film down is some seriously lame CGI. Does it ruin the film? Absolutely not. But some of the special effects are fucking AWFUL.

All in all a great, great action film. It slumps in places but the slumps aren’t long at all. This is really fun stuff.

On 12/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, slinky#1 said:

Just FYI this is out on Digital, Itunes atleast.

It's also out on DVD/Blu-Ray. It's well worth picking up as it has plenty of re-watch value.

Drunken Monk

It seems like a lot of people are overlooking this one. Granted, it’s not the most martial arts filled film out there, but it’s a fantastic action flick with a few scattered fight scenes.

Probably best action film of last  year. No one overlooked it. Highly rate film and one of top 100 biggest films of alltime. .  Reminds me of expendables but better.  i actually enjoyed first one also  but thanks to reading reviews on here i did not buy until recently.  Only got round to watching it recently and enjoyed that also.

Over-hyped, a bit above average action flick glorifying Chinese regime. Filled with poor CGI ( you got CGI blood, explosions, ships, tanks, etc - you name it) the movie features a ridiculous plot, sub par acting, stupid underwater "fight" that reminded me of one from Top Secret! and a few average action scenes involving drones and tanks.

What saves the movie is a pretty decent scene of Wu Jing taking on some military thugs in a Chinese grocery store and an excellent chase scene that looked like something from a Jackie Chan movie for some reason. ( BTW, at the end of the movie we're treated to some NG footage a la JC flick)

I didn't expect much from this piece of Chinese propaganda, but still, was very disappointed. No doubt, it's the most action-filled Chinese film of the year, but still, nothing more than an average action movie made for the patriotic Chinese audience

On 04/01/2018 at 11:16 PM, D1 Ma said:

Over-hyped, a bit above average action flick glorifying Chinese regime. Filled with poor CGI ( you got CGI blood, explosions, ships, tanks, etc - you name it) the movie features a ridiculous plot, sub par acting, stupid underwater "fight" that reminded me of one from Top Secret! and a few average action scenes involving drones and tanks.

What saves the movie is a pretty decent scene of Wu Jing taking on some military thugs in a Chinese grocery store and an excellent chase scene that looked like something from a Jackie Chan movie for some reason. ( BTW, at the end of the movie we're treated to some NG footage a la JC flick)

I didn't expect much from this piece of Chinese propaganda, but still, was very disappointed. No doubt, it's the most action-filled Chinese film of the year, but still, nothing more than an average action movie made for the patriotic Chinese audience

No doubt wolf warriors 2  is patriotic but honestly who cares.I am English and enjoyed it.Was rambo 2 etc only enjoyed by Americans .I expected it to be patriotic  and did not care . I am interested in action scenes and this movies delivers big time .  Actual fights seem to have little  wirework. They don't float through the air and the other action scenes , gun fights are great .  There is some cgi which to be honest no one  likes  but most of action stunts seem real. Ships and tanks look real to me . Only helicopter crash looked CGI.

On 1/10/2018 at 1:31 PM, Ronin said:

A Hong Kong 4K UHD + Blu-ray release was just announced for release in HK on 1/26/2018.

Just ordered this from DDDHouse about time we get some 4k releases of Asian films.  

Archived