Wolf Warrior II (2017) - Wu Jing vs. Frank Grillo

AlbertV

154323.47190731_1000X1000.jpg

The sequel to Wolf Warrior is coming in July and producing are Joe and Anthony Russo (Captain America 2 & 3Avengers: Infinity War)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the sequel certainly looks more explode-y than the first film. I just hope there's martial arts involved.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Well, the sequel certainly looks more explode-y than the first film. I just hope there's martial arts involved.

Here's a link to Mike Leeders comments on Wolf Warrior 2.

20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Here's a link to Mike Leeders comments on Wolf Warrior 2.

Okay, I'm on board.

Wow, not one single kick or punch in the trailer. Are the martial-arts-days of Wu Jing over? BTW, we shouldn't forget what a giant turd the first movie was. I think it's wise to keep expectations rather low.

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Okay, I'm on board.

Hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds.

Nan Yu(Expendables 2) is among the cast too, here's a picture of her with director Wu Jing on set.

CtSuTyjWAAA5xIJ.jpg_large.jpg

One Armed Boxer

Nan Yu is returning from the original, and was pretty much the only reason I continued to watch it.  Well, that and the fact that I paid $18 to watch it in the cinema on its opening day.  I reviewed it here - http://cityonfire.com/wolf-warrior-2015-review-wolf-war-warg-warrior-jacky-wu-scott-adkins/

The trailer looks very similar in tone to the original, so we'll see on this one.  Funny trailer though, only a trailer aimed at the Chinese market would end with someone yelling "F*CK!" :tongueout

Hated the first one and don't expect this one to be any different. I think Wu Jing is a man in search of a role. There's no doubt he's got skills, but not too many of his films have that rewatch value which other people's have.

One Armed Boxer

This movie seems to be taking a 'Special I.D.' approach to its marketing, in the way that almost every action sequence is going to be shown before it even hits the cinema.

Open tomorrow at selected theaters here in the States.

It will be showing at the AMC in Times Square (NYC).

2z71uuv.jpg

One Armed Boxer
18 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I joined the chorus of positive reception towards the sequel with my own review.  It definitely goes a long way to correcting everything (and there was a LOT!) wrong with the original, so it wasn't too difficult to deliver an improvement, but 'Wolf Warrior 2' thankfully delivers an entertaining ride as a standalone movie.  Check out my full review here - 

http://cityonfire.com/wolf-warrior-2-2017-review-jacky-wu-frank-grillo-celina-jade/

China's next big action star? At this point, it's looking brighter for Max Zhang who has got the more promising movies coming up. Besides SPL: Kill Zone, there's nothing from Wu Jing's filmography that have impressed me as much. Looking at the trailers for this movie, I don't see anything to get excited about. Overbloated lensing/shoddy cinematography, CGI for explosions, gun shots/muzzle flashes, and destroyed objects etc (the plague continues), choreo by Nicky Li (never liked the way he stages fight scenes), and more of that overdone Chinese patriotism.

• Administrator

The film is playing theatrically about 30 minutes from here, so I hope I'll get the chance to see it that way.

Archived