The Assignment (2017) Walter Hill

DragonClaws

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walter Hill's latest actioner has been re-titled for the U.K market. The film will be released on DVD/BR and VOD as Tomboy in March.

michelle-rodriguez.jpg

Thanks for the info, @DragonClaws

Very intrigued by this one. 

So, the UK gets it in March?  Does this mean the UK is getting this one first?

I understand Tomboy is the original title of the script from way back, but man, it's lousy - calling it Re:Assignment was a touch a genius.

4 hours ago, Karlos said:

So, the UK gets it in March?  Does this mean the UK is getting this one first?

The movie will be released here first, which happens rarely. It will hit DVD/BR first and then VOD in April.

4 hours ago, Karlos said:

I understand Tomboy is the original title of the script from way back, but man, it's lousy - calling it Re:Assignment was a touch a genius.

Not sure what the U.K re-titling is all about or who decided it was a good idea?.

185831_1025281_1.jpg

The script, written in the 1970s, was originally called Tomboy and I think it's been shown somewhere under that title, too.

Had no idea it was a comic, too - must track that down.

Thanks, @DragonClaws!

14 hours ago, Karlos said:

The script, written in the 1970s, was originally called Tomboy and I think it's been shown somewhere under that title, too.

I wasn't aware the story/idea had been around that long.

14 hours ago, Karlos said:

Had no idea it was a comic, too - must track that down.

Neither did I, until I did a search on the movie and that came up in the results.

REASSIGNMENT2_COVER-A-ALEX-SHIBOA-600x91

Really intrigued by this, a fairly original concept, one of the best action directors at the helm and Michelle Rodriguez in full bad ass mode. Has anyone seen it yet?

I'm hoping to see it soon. 

It's had a very rocky road to release, to say the least. 

The reviews/articles that claim this is "transphobic" seem to have killed this one stone dead (has it even had a proper release in the US yet?), but as you say, @Sam Seed, great director and an interesting cast means it's definitely worth 90 minutes of any action film fan's time.

DragonClaws
On 28/04/2017 at 3:01 PM, Karlos said:

The reviews/articles that claim this is "transphobic" seem to have killed this one stone dead (has it even had a proper release in the US yet?), but as you say, @Sam Seed, great director and an interesting cast means it's definitely worth 90 minutes of any action film fan's time.

Not sure how this can be transphobic?, maybe I'll agree with these thoughts once I've actually watched the movie who knows?.

The female lead actioner Atomic Blond, appears to be doing a lot better with its public perception.

Archived