Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis

AlbertV

Reports are emerging that after he will retain the rights to his baby The Terminator, James Cameron will be producing what will be the final film of the entire saga, putting an end to the prolific battle between the human race and Skynet. It is rumored that he is eyeing Deadpool director Tim Miller to take on directing duties.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-miller-to-finish-the-terminator/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Gabriel Luna, who plays Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., will play the new Terminator model in the film and will join Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, and Diego Boneta. The new film will be a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day

http://www.darkhorizons.com/gabriel-luna-is-the-new-terminator/

• Like 1

DragonClaws

With James Cameron on board its going to be intrigueing to see how it all turns out. Still, this is not a film I've been waiting to see made, personally I think Arnie too old for this role now, he just pulled it of in the last film. Like with The Force Awakens I feel they have waited too long to get this cast and crew together. I know Linda Hamilton was not keen to return in the past, and this along with other things held back Cameron's return.

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

No Edward Furlong? Blasphemy!

Despite having a huge blockbuster film role as his debut, in his personal life he hasnt been so lucky. The last movie I caught him in, was the excellent Aniaml Factory(2000).

DragonClaws

Hope Cameron proves me wrong, and that this turns out to be at least decent. I enoyed the last movie and Part 3, as just throw away action films, I just couldnt get into Salvation. This is clearly a film for the new generation of cinema goer's, I'm too jaded after three so-so sequels. Would love to see Arnie in the classic role again, but he's just not upto this kind of part anymore, even with heavy use of doubles and SFX. Surprised the internet trolls havent labelled it Terminator Feminist Day or something equally lame, going by the first very tiny glimpse above.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2019 at 6:12 AM, Drunken Monk said:

I try not to be one too quick to judge, but man that looks awful. I'm just going to pretend this doesn't exist. lol

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 8/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, Drunken Monk said:

First official look...

Terminator-Mackenzie-Davis-Linda-Hamilton-natalia-Reyes.jpg

If I walk into a video store and see this on the boxart, I'm walkin passed it. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws

I think we would all be more stooked for this, had it come out in 2003, instead of Rise of The Machines. Which wasnt a poorly made film, it just had one hell of an act to follow with the previous two movies. The many poorly recieved sequel's have tainted the series a lot. Though they all clearly made enough money to encourage producers to make further, Terminator themed movies.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Opens Fire In Terminator: Dark Fate Exclusive Image

Source- https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-opens-fire-terminator-dark-fate-exclusive-image/

terminator-dark-fate-excl.jpg

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Rise of the machines was pretty decent, I agree. 2003 would have been perfect timing. The Industry wasn't saturated by marvel studios yet. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Rise of the machines was pretty decent, I agree. 2003 would have been perfect timing. The Industry wasn't saturated by marvel studios yet. 

• Like 3

hanshotfirst1138

Terrible as this looks, it might be worth it if it FINALLY gets us T1 with the original mono track and T2 with a better remaster with less DNR. But I’m not holding my breath on either. 

• Like 2

They say it's the finale but they stick to the safe franchises people know that will at least get them to breakeven.  Nostalgia and comic books is the current playbook.  Get a few decent gems like Green Book every now and again.  I don't follow the movie industry closely by any means though, just a casual observation.  First I've heard of this release reading this topic lol.

Edited by Burnout29
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
On 7/20/2019 at 1:36 PM, Burnout29 said:

They say it's the finale but they stick to the safe franchises people know that will at least get them to breakeven. 

They have more planned, that will just depend on how this movie fairs. I'd be more stoked for this, if we hadnt gotten three un-connected sequel's, that turned Arnie's character. Into a parody of itself.

You can see the influence of computer games more and more. The Raid movie, was the first time I watched a film. And it felt almost like watching someone else play a video game for you. Unrelenting without breathing point's, becuase any online game dooesn't have breathing point's. It's just non-stop carnage all the time. People who play these style games all the time, get conditioned/short attention span's. I'm talking about the many story driven games, that often have more video footage in them. Tha actual gameplay. This came into my mind, when they were selling the film. With the line this movie just does not stop.

Had friends say the same about the ast John Wick, that it over saturates itself.

All that said, like the last Terminator movie and the third installment. It looks like a fun pop-corn movie, that will deliver on thrills and action. Some really strong imagery in the trailer, and it's never going to give you the buzz the original did. How can it when the idea's not only been copied so many times. The series is now six movies old.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

I'm super skeptical about anymore Terminator movies, last new content from that franchise I thought was watchable was the Sarah Connor Chronicles starring Lena Headey and that was over a decade ago - I did really enjoy seeing Arnie in Killing Gunther though. He isn't in it much, but its really good fun - worth a watch if you've not seen it already!

That's intriguing you felt that way about the Raid - I thought it was one of the better produced new martial arts movies of the past while, the second one maybe even more so. Made me feel similar to how I felt watching Police Story for the first time!

Do check out John Wick 3! - I enjoyed it way, way more than chapter 2 - (largely due to a) seeing Mark Dacascos back in movies again and b) Halle Berry and her two insanely well trained attack dogs sequences.) and Keanu vs a Giant dude using only a book as a weapon was also a pretty well choreographed sequence.

He's never been the most graceful performer, but damn does that dude try!

Over the past twenty years since the Matrix came out, he's become a pretty competent Ju-Jitsu/ Gun-fu performer!

I enjoyed all those John Wick films miles, miles more than anything that's come out of Marvel since the Winter Soldier/1st act of Civil war gave us Marvel's last stab at actual real life choreography,

since then its all been CG overload - (i'm pretty old school, prefer to see real people doing real things as much as possible.)

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

The featurette gave me more hope as I thought the first trailer was shite. It's beginning to look more like a big, fun action film. And while it won't capture the classic tone of T2, I do feel as though this might be very watchable. More so than the previous sequels (honestly? I didn't think Genisys was that bad). I have faith in the director and his ability to deliver action on a big scale but I do wonder how everything will be handled. Will he respect the legacy of the first two films or will this just be balls to the wall action like, say, the recent Fast and Furious films.

• Like 3

More good news comes in the form that they are definitely planning to make this rated R, as opposed to the PG-13 ahem "sequels" that are not officially retconned.

• Like 2