HATAMOTO TAIKUTSU NO OTOKO (The Bored Hatamoto)

Guest chiba2000

Guest chiba2000

Not sure if you people are familiar with The Bored Hatamoto, but this is maybe one of the most overlooked movie series / TV series. Unfortunatly, most of the movies from the first series has never been subtitled and same goes for the many TV-series and "new" movies series (1988-1994). The "new" HATAMOTO movie series starring KITAOJI Kinya is my favorite one. Always great stories and lots of great action. Also, if you like this one, make sure you find some of the "old-school" ones too, starring the great ICHIKAWA Utaemon (father of KITAOJI Kinya!). With this post I want to spread some light on these excellent movies, anyone looking for something different than LWAC, AZUMI, KUROSAWA etc should try one of the Hatamoto movies. For even more HATAMOTO info check this link:

p214.ezboard.com/ftheninj...c&index=28

I'm sure some people will bash me for putting up this link, anyway here it is:

www.fareastflix.com

/Chiba2000 8)

www.ninjadojo.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KevinClo

Yeah, the stories are usually pretty good in those movies. The funny premise...He is bored because he needs constant action. lol ;)

One thing that is not quite right in the above link I saw:

Ichikawa Utaemon starred in a Ura Proffesional movie called "The Bored Hatamoto" (1951) based on an original story by SASAKI Mitsuzo. It became an instant hit…Even more interesting, there were actually 12 other "Hatamoto" movies, all made BEFORE Ichikawa Utaemon took on the role as "Bored Hatamoto" in 1951.

Actually, Ichikawa Utaemon started playing that role in the 30's in the silent era. He did a bunch of those movies before that one in 1951.

KC

Guest chiba2000

Kevin you are absolutely right, I did a check in some databases and found out that Ichikawa Utaemon starred in a total of 29 Hatamoto movies from 1930-1963! Thx for the heads-up. Info at NinjaDojo has been updated.

/Chiba2000 8)

Archived