Lone Wolf And Cub

Guest BleuVenom

Guest BleuVenom

I just recently started watching the Lone Wolf and Cub series. Someone told me after part 6, that the father gets killed and the son grows up and avenges his death. Is this true? And is there a movie based on this?

Also, on another note, can anyone recommend any movies similar or in the same vein as the Lone Wolf and Cub series?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

There isn't any other movies made after pt.#6 but there is a Japanese TV series of LW&C but as far as I know he was never killed in the TV series.

On another note I did read that they were suppose to come out with a new version where the Son is all grown up now but I've yet to hear when it is suppose to start filming.

Guest KevinClo
Someone told me after part 6, that the father gets killed and the son grows up and avenges his death. Is this true? And is there a movie based on this?

The story is based on the original manga done about 30 years ago. The six movies skip and cover I would say about 1/3 of the story. They were reprinted a few years ago by Dark Horse Comics in 28 volumes. Here is volume 1:

www.amazon.com/gp/product...oding=UTF8

Recently the writer started writing a new series with Daigoro, but not enough has been done to make a movie from what I can tell. He is still growing up in the new series.

KC

Guest Soda drink

^ common sense lol.

I'm not knocking his talent at all because his movies speak volumes of his directorial skills...but taking on an action flick is a whole other beast and I sure hope he took some heavy notes on chambara gorefests.

I dont know if there is a director alive today that can capture the sublime thing that made LW&C the standard of that genre.

Archived