The Invincible Dragon (2017) – Max Zhang/Anderson Silva

mpm74

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A terrible movie from start to finish. Considering the talent involved it's a shame how this turned out. Nothing works here! The action scenes are so poorly edited it's barely watchable. Also there's a weird totally out of place fantasy element. The story should be just a simple revenge tale but even this gets mixed up in pointless side plots. Last but not least the main villian is a bad joke. No disrespect to Anderson Silva but I just couldn't take him serious. Not sure who to blame for this mess but I advise anyone to spend their money elsewhere.

yes was awful i had 2 watch it over about 3 sittings as couldnt get all the way through in one go,fight scenes poorly shot,crap cgi

The Invincible Dragon was reviewed at https://asianfilmstrike.com/2019/09/09/the-invincible-dragon-2019-review/  

"Fruit Chan's The Invincible Dragon... died a quick death upon its Chinese and Hong Kong release.  In an unfortunate one-two punch, it may go toward putting an end both to [Max] Zhang's shot at the big time (for the time being at least), and to Fruit Chan's commercial ambitions... If only it worked.  It's a fascinating disaster, further brought down by the dire miscasting of Anderson Silva, who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag (without even possessing the raw menace of Mike Tyson in his film outings), can barely speak English, and - even more cripplingly - appears limp in his two brawls with Max Zhang, despite being a fearsome fighter in real life... Only Juju Chan makes an impression as the fierce and mysterious Lady, and her fight against Zhang in a derailed train is the easy pick of the film's otherwise fussy and over-edited action scenes...

Long Story Short: A refreshingly bold, unfathomably weird, unmitigated disaster."

Archived