The Invincible Dragon (2017) – Max Zhang/Anderson Silva

mpm74

DragonClaws

Jin Zhang and Anderson Silvo lock-up.

MV5BNjcyNTFhMzQtNGJjYy00YWM4LThiZTItZGFk

Stephen Tung-Wai and Nikki Lau, behind the scenes still.

MV5BYjEyMThmMTgtNWIxMi00NjBkLWFkMTEtYWMy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed, Zhang Jin is the best new action star in HK, although he’s pretty much the only one, but he kicks ass! I remembered him from The Grandmaster but really took note after I saw him as the villain in SPL 2. He then stole the show in Ip Man 3, and his two lead movies so far have been very satisfying. I look forward to this finally coming out!

On 4/9/2019 at 10:16 PM, mark187 said:

Yes indeed, Zhang Jin is the best new action star in HK, although he’s pretty much the only one, but he kicks ass! I remembered him from The Grandmaster but really took note after I saw him as the villain in SPL 2. He then stole the show in Ip Man 3, and his two lead movies so far have been very satisfying. I look forward to this finally coming out!

Well, he's not exactly new as he started his career as a stuntman then starred in some B-movies from Hong Kong (using John instead of Max as his English name). He's truly living proof of "rising through the ranks" and has become a new "top action star" IMO. He was also good as an assassin in From Vegas to Macau. He is supposed to have another movie out this year, "Assassins and the Missing Gold" with his wife, Ada Choi and Andy On. He'll also be seen in "Escape Plan 3: The Extractors" later this year.

Not much I can say at this point, it's just a clip made fun of. If anything, I only wanna see that Max Zhang/Anderson Silva fight scene.

One Armed Boxer

I'm surprised anyone was willing to give JuJu Chan a role after her turn in 'Savage Dog'.  I think I'd rather stick a fork in my eye that watch her 'acting' again.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, Drunken Monk said:

That looked like some 2002 Corey Yuen shit. And not in a good way.

2002 Corey Yuen is SO CLOSE, so that's fine. It's the stuff me made after that that is uneven and often just plain bad. :)

Otto Bismarck

I... don't know how to react to that trailer. Starts off looking like a really unappealing serial killer movie, then suddenly it's the "first fantasy action" (?!) and we're treated to some dodgy English dialogue and even dodgier special effects. It's just bizarre.  

thehangman
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Latest trailer.

That trailer has put me off it big time!

Drunken Monk

I was semi on board with the trailer until a random Hydra appeared at the end. What was that all about?

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I was semi on board with the trailer until a random Hydra appeared at the end. What was that all about?

Looks te hydra from the up-coming Godzilla movie, ended up on the set of this one. I'm not sure what all that is about, I really didnt see as being a monster movie. Or expect it to be influenced by that genre.

Is it just used for the trialer?, can the Invincble Dragon character conjure the help of a giant multi headed lizard?.

I think the dragon may have something to do with the original title, Made in Kowloon. So it’s Gau Lung in Cantonese which means 9 dragons, and I think the dragon had 9 heads? So when Zhang Jin said “if you’re real come out!” I took it to mean something like that. Hopefully this movie will be decent 

Drunken Monk
25 minutes ago, DiP said:

So how was the climatic fight scene between Zhang and Silva? That's all I care about.

Apparently filled with CGI and green screen. Fingers crossed, the actual choreography is good.

Archived