Mad Missions/Aces Go Places films coming to Blu-ray

Tex Killer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 5 (if the information on the site is accurate) has a Cantonese soundtrack.  The rest of the discs are German/English soundtracks.  They do all have English subs, but still the lack of Cantonese is kind of a deal breaker.  Here's the correct link for Mad Mission 4:

http://www.platinumcultedition.com/produkt/mad-mission-teil-4-4-disc-set-mit-2-x-blu-ray-und-2-x-dvd-ean-4032614507831/

On 13.1.2017 at 3:20 PM, tdb said:

Only 5 (if the information on the site is accurate) has a Cantonese soundtrack.  The rest of the discs are German/English soundtracks.  They do all have English subs, but still the lack of Cantonese is kind of a deal breaker. 

Someone might correct me eventually if I am wrong but as I see it those are marketed as dubbed export versions english is technically their "real" audio, propably flicks are still more famous in western world as mad missions than aces go places...google translate says" Auf den Blu-rays befinden sich die internationale Fassung, die Originalfassung und eine Integralfassung (weltweit längste da in der Originalfassung einiges> On the Blu-ray are the international version and the original version (worldwide longest) as well as bonus."

So even as they haven`t stated language, it`s at very  possible there is cantonese feature film in releases and hopefully with english subs too...Would appear quite odd  if there is dubs but no canto for originals...Well, just have to wait and see

Also wonder what they've got lined up as bonus features, to justify extra discs.

The DVD content would likely replicate the blu-ray, but with all but 1 and 5 having 2 blu-ray discs, is interesting. Hopefully the export versions, at least, aren't upscales.

2 hours ago, Asmo said:

Also wonder what they've got lined up as bonus features, to justify extra discs.

The DVD content would likely replicate the blu-ray, but with all but 1 and 5 having 2 blu-ray discs, is interesting. Hopefully the export versions, at least, aren't upscales.

If past history is any indication, German blu rays of classic Hong Kong films are almost always true HD with superb quality all round. :wink

12 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

If past history is any indication, German blu rays of classic Hong Kong films are almost always true HD with superb quality all round. :wink

Excellent to hear. I'll wait and see though, as I'm more interested in the Aces Go Places versions rather than the Mad Mission export cuts.

MagicDragon

I  purchase German Blu-rays all the time cause they are always high quality masters. On German discs they include a German dub track, an English track, and third is the original language track. It is all English frieindy.   The ONLY downside to German discs is  NO EXTRAS. Except for a trailer.

Archived