Marvel's The Punisher (2017-2019) - Jon Bernthal, Ben Barnes, Deborah Ann Woll

AlbertV

After his successful appearance on season two of Daredevil, Jon Bernthal is returning as the role of vigilante Frank Castle, aka The Punisher in his own Netflix series, which is currently in production. Deborah Ann Woll reprises her role from DD as Karen Page.

Ct4O0gfVUAAPLOC.jpghttp://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Jon-Bernthal-as-the-Punisher-in-Daredevil-Season-2-Episode-13.jpg

On-set pic

http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/10/jon-bernthal-punisher-set-shaved-head-beard.jpg

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/bernthal-starts/jon-bernthal-starts-filming-the-punisher-first-set-photos-05.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Netflix has released a teaser announcement for the release date for season 2 of The Punisher.  It's January 18, 2019.  The official Netflix set-up synopsis for the new season of The Punisher: “Former marine-turned-vigilante Frank Castle has been living a quiet life on the road until he suddenly becomes embroiled in the attempted murder of a young girl (Giorgia Whigham). As he is drawn into the mystery surrounding her and those in pursuit of the information she holds, Castle attracts a new target on his back as new and old enemies force him to confront whether he should accept his destiny and embrace a life as the Punisher.”  From https://deadline.com/2019/01/marvel-netflix-punisher-season-2-trailer-jon-bernthal-release-date-1202528405/  

• Like 2

Netflix has officially cancelled this show, I guess with Disney creating its own Digital platform, it was only a matter of time until this happened.

ShaOW!linDude

Hate that. Season 2 was good, but I thought it kind of shot itself in the foot as the finale wasn't as good as Season 1. That and the fact that I think fans were expecting a more definitive Jigsaw character, which was only really alluded to. Shame.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Hate that. Season 2 was good, but I thought it kind of shot itself in the foot as the finale wasn't as good as Season 1. That and the fact that I think fans were expecting a more definitive Jigsaw character, which was only really alluded to. Shame.

I think they fucked up on the action-to-drama ratio. What action there was was incredible. Some of the best I've seen in a tv show. But there just wasn't enough. The Punisher simply didn't do enough punishing.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2019 at 8:12 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

It stayed good for quite a long time but eventually revenge plot of jigsaw against punisher got jus too silly. Otherwise decent stuff..

Spoiler

Not killing Castle but making him believe he shot few women and planning to finsh him later after punisher has suffered feel of guilt.

1st was better and would buy both as br if ever they are released. As would do with  DD3 and Defenders..

• Like 2