The Hidden Fortress -or- Throne of Blood ?

Guest teako170

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KevinClo

Throne of Blood is like watching a samurai Macbeth. If you like that idea then watch that one first.

Personally, I would watch The Hidden Fortress first, but it doesn't sound like a terrible dilemma to choose from. ;)

KC

Guest xZAANTRONx

Both are AMAZING, But Throne of blood is tied with UGESTU for my favorite movies of ALL TIME.

Words can't describe my love for throne of blood. Simply stunning.

If you're a Star Wars fan, definitely check out Hidden Fortress first and see where Lucas ripped off Kurosawa. Both are great whichever one you decide to watch first.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
If you're a Star Wars fan, definitely check out Hidden Fortress first and see where Lucas ripped off Kurosawa.

Ahem... I believe the correct terminology would be "payed homage to", not "ripped off".;) Just as Tarantino "pays homage" to many different Japanese/HK films in his own.:rolleyes

Throne of Blood is the "art" film, Hidden Fortress is the "fun" film. Both are masterful, but for better or worse, " I would say "Hidden Fortress" is more entertainment for entertainment's sake. Beautiful widescreen photography.

Guest TheDenizen

Both movies are excellent, but Throne of Blood is one of my favourite movies ever. As long as you don't mind some talky scenes (it IS shakespeare, after all), it is unbelievable.

Archived