Fists of Fury (2017) – Documentary hosted by Cynthia Rothrock

mpm74

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think its a documentary as such seems like Full Moon's answer to the FILMS OF FURY trailer compilation that featured the every amusing Ric Myers giving us such great info as "ah ah after Shaw Brothers fired everybody because they didnt want anyone to become famous and began concentrating on TV (using many of the exact same people they'd just fired?) they then carried on making movies with all the people they hadn't fired, and ah ah just allowed anyone to direct, they would just ask anyone "do you want to direct?"....."Ah ah Yuen Woo-ping doubles his father for all his gymnastic moves in Snake in Eagles Shadow & Drunken Master'...ah aha "now I am going to claim i have been a close personal friend of Jackie Chan since 1978 when i first went to Hong Kong although i always previously stated I never went there before 1985.....

With some wrap around/demonstration stuff from Cynthia, so lets see

:smile I think that he hoodwinked a lot of people here into believing that he was the HK Cinema expert. Yeah, he knew some stuff but there was a lot more that he didn't know. Just sucks that he promoted himself and never tried to gain more knowledge on the subject. Funny enough, I actually met Ric at a convention back in the late 90`s /early 2000`s (I think it was) and ended up buying a JC poster (DM II) off of him. He was there with Vincent Lyn.

This article pretty much sums it up:

http://www.coolasscinema.com/2012/03/tao-of-ric-true-lies-fistful-of.html

Looks like this could be a fun release, and its nice to see the ever lovely Cynthia Rothrock hosting the program.

Anyone know which movie the Bolo clip is from?, never seen that one before.

One Armed Boxer

Did she say "asskickingest"!? :tongueout

Likewise a clip ID request from myself - does anyone know which movie the car stunt is from which closes out the trailer (1:15)?

That is some crazy ass hair she's sporting, why do they always get some out of shape guy off the street to be her punching bag.

kingofkungfu2002
1 hour ago, Dragon Ma said:

That is some crazy ass hair she's sporting, why do they always get some out of shape guy off the street to be her punching bag.

It's for comedic effect.

cynfunny.gif

On 08/01/2017 at 5:04 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Likewise a clip ID request from myself - does anyone know which movie the car stunt is from which closes out the trailer (1:15)?

No idea about that clip, looks likes it could be an old 70's Phillipines production looking at the location.

Surprised nobody here can I.D the Bolo Yueng clip where he gets his ear ring torn out?.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:44 PM, Mike Leeder said:

i don't think its a documentary as such seems like Full Moon's answer to the FILMS OF FURY trailer compilation that featured the every amusing Ric Myers giving us such great info as "ah ah after Shaw Brothers fired everybody because they didnt want anyone to become famous and began concentrating on TV (using many of the exact same people they'd just fired?) they then carried on making movies with all the people they hadn't fired, and ah ah just allowed anyone to direct, they would just ask anyone "do you want to direct?"....."Ah ah Yuen Woo-ping doubles his father for all his gymnastic moves in Snake in Eagles Shadow & Drunken Master'...ah aha "now I am going to claim i have been a close personal friend of Jackie Chan since 1978 when i first went to Hong Kong although i always previously stated I never went there before 1985.....

With some wrap around/demonstration stuff from Cynthia, so lets see

He just can't help himself. :(

also i noticed some of the same trailers in fists of fury as used in the kung fu trailers of fury release.

Killer Meteor
On 09/01/2017 at 5:20 PM, DragonClaws said:

No idea about that clip, looks likes it could be an old 70's Phillipines production looking at the location.

Surprised nobody here can I.D the Bolo Yueng clip where he gets his ear ring torn out?.

The Bolo clip is from Bruce Le's Greatest Revenge.

35 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

The Bolo clip is from Bruce Le's Greatest Revenge.

Thanks KillerMeteor, he's credited as the hoop earing mongol on HKMDB. He looks like a pirate on the brief clip shown in the Fists Of Fury trialer.

Archived