Goyokin finally out today 2/14!!

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Well, according to my sources the Media Blasters release of arguably my favorite Samurai flick "Goykoin" is finally being released today. Hopefully it didnt get pushed back again!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yakuza954

I don't like Goyokin as much as earlier Gosha efforts like Three Outlaw Samurai and Sword of the Beast, but I asked for more Gosha movies from Media Blasters and I got my wish. I'm happy.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Goyokin, is an excellent example of top notch acting, and the directing is unique, tight, and unpredictable. Tatsuya Nakadai is just as intense(if not more so)than in the awesome, Sword Of Doom. I've just ordered it from Media Blasters and received the DVD in two days, ground shipping. You will not be disappointed.

Guest TheDenizen

I got this too, and I really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as Sword of Doom (Nakadai is at his smouldering best, though), but this is on par with Gosha's Sword of the Beast, for sure.

I'm still holding out hope of seeing Tenchu released on DVD sometime soonish.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

The Denizen, I agree you can't take anything away from Sword Of Doom, the movie's awesome.

But Tatsuya's first swordfights in Goyokin, where he hears the samurai (who were sent to kill him) creepin around outside while he's trying to sell his sword and give up being a samurai, this instantly changes his mind. He walks out there and the first opponent he kills starts workin him up to kill more, that hissing is very demonic. Not to mention the swordplay is excellent. There could been a little more of it.

I just ordered a flick, Shin No Shikoutei w/ Shintaro Katsu and Ichikawa Raizo, I've never seen before. There's a warning on the DVD cover that it contains scenes of violence and so on that the viewer may find offensive. I should receive it this friday. I'm hoping it's another classic.

Archived