(Happy Birthday) Chan Sing Turns 81

DragonClaws

One of my favorite old school actors Chan Sing turned 81 today. With a filmogrpahy stretching from 1969 to 1992, he has over 145 movie appearances in his filmography. Thanks to Ricky Baker who posted about this on his Twitter account. The man has appeared in some classic action packed movies, where he always seemd to give 110% no matter how small the budget. He looked equally at home playing both heroes and villains. Chan now resides in Canada, and its great to still have this action cinema icon still with us.

Poster for the Sammo Hung classic Iron Fisted Monk in which ,Chan Sing was his co-star.

The+Iron+Fisted+Monk.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Any decent version of Kung Fu The Headcrusher about?

yes mate it came out on the code red kung fu five pack. :D

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/product/maria-s-kung-fu-mayhem-5-five-kungfu-in-two-disc

also happy birthday to the mad monk. :)

http://www.hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=5349&display_set=eng

http://farreachingfilms.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/tough-guy-aka-kung-fu-head-crusher-aka.html

unfortunately,and i know as i have that set, Kung Fu The Headcrusher isn't on that set. it's actually The Brave Lion going under the title of Revolt Of The Dragon

22 minutes ago, saltysam said:

unfortunately,and i know as i have that set, Kung Fu The Headcrusher isn't on that set. it's actually The Brave Lion going under the title of Revolt Of The Dragon

ah ok mate yeah best copy is proberbly the letterbox widescreen floating around. :P

vlcsnap-2014-05-10-20h50m53s207.png

On 31/12/2016 at 2:45 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

@DragonClaws, though he's only a co-star in it, his role in IRON-FISTED MONK is definitely my favorite.

While theres lot of his work I've still yet to see that role is one my favorites too. He's plays a similar role but with less screen time in Bruce & Shaoling Kung Fu.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Do you all remember Chen Sings early appearance in kung fu movies.

He was really skinny. Over the years he beefed himself up. I would guess with a combo of kung fu and weight lifting is my guess. 

I wonder if his son became a preforming classical pianist. there were some post many years ago where Chen Sing presented his son as a very talented pianist.

ChanSing1-85-b.jpg

Have Sword, Will Travel (1969)

GD Y-Y

On 02/01/2017 at 4:22 PM, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

I wonder if his son became a preforming classical pianist. there were some post many years ago where Chen Sing presented his son as a very talented pianist.

I've never heard about this GD-YY, thanks for Chan Sing images you posted.

On 1/2/2017 at 11:22 AM, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

His son, George Edward Chan, passed away sometime in 2015 or last year. He was diagnosed with cancer. He has his own YouTube Channel where you can see him perform.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Thesixtyfourthnote

A late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Chan Sing, who turned 81 on the 29th of December. I've been lazy and just up-dated last year's post, rather than start another thread.

Kung Fu action from 1973, Chan Sing battles Someno Yukio.

81WvklHbYPL._RI_.jpg

pair of legends. Chen Sing was awesome in those 70's bashers, a real bad ass who elevated everything he was in (except Two Great Cavaliers, saving that mess was beyond even him)

shaw golden
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Here's one for you @shaw golden

Clutch Of Power(1977) Chan Sing and Leung Kar Yan's battle of the shapes.

jlk71-0RGSNGFZNBD-Full-Image_GalleryBack

your too dangerous for me Dragon Claws.....worries !

Archived