Which Animeigo titles to expect next year?

Guest Yakuza954

Guest Yakuza954

I was browsing some anime forums and the general concensus there was that Animegio is through with anime and will now focus entirely on Samurai films. They released 7 or so last year and they supposedly sold very well so they'll be even releasing even more next year. This is all great news.

Now to my question: What kind of stuff can we expect for them to release next year? More mifune/Nakadai films? A few films from lesser-knowns? Possibly some series ala mute samurai? Movies previously only available from kurotokagi or other fansubbers? Personally I'm crossing my fingers for some remastered Hideo Gosha films.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

I would love for them to release the 12 Sleepy Eyes of Death series on DVD, they use to have it on VHS, But they lost the rights to it, I was also told it didn't do very well, that I can't understand for the life of me. Great series and I've only seen #'s-1-7.

Guest kungfusamurai

I'd love for them to do the Mute Samurai flicks. Or even get their hands on the Wicked Priest or Killer's Mission flicks. I thought Sleepy Eyes of Death was rumored to be put out by Home Vision? Or is was that someone's wishful thinking?

KFS

Guest Daisho2004

KFS, I would love Home Vision or one of the other companies to put out this series but I think it was just a rumor. But if you hear anything different let me know.

Guest kungfusamurai
But if you hear anything different let me know.

If I hear anything, it'll be from people here cause I got no connections to the industry. LOL!

KFS

Guest KevinClo

I am curious what is going to happen with Home Vision now that they were bought out by "Image Entertainment". The scheduled releases do not have any new Japanese movies from what I saw.

KC

Archived