Is Seven Samurai being rereleased?

Guest Don G

Guest Don G

I read this in another post but I never received a response. It appears some people have heard that this movie is going to be rereleased sometime soon but I haven't found anything confirming this online. I was planning on buying this movie but if that's the case I may hold off (depending on how long before the new release).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yakuza954

Yes, it's getting remastered again. Along with Yojimbo I believe. Ran was the first to get the remaster treatment again last year, and it looked gooood.

Guest Don G

I'm debating whether I wnat to pick up the current criterion. I think I'll just go with the one that's out right now. You can get it brand new for about 25 bucks from dvdplanet.com with free shipping

Guest Ninja Sinai

Any chance that Yojimbo will also be a double disk set?

Or how about Criterion releasing these Samurai classics on HD-DVD..!

Guest strutr74

GRRRRRR, Everytime I buy a movie it seems like " The special, super duper, collector edition" follows right after...Man I'm tired of dipping twice.

Guest limubai2000

Agreed strut.

And we haven't even seen the blu-ray vs HD DVD format battle yet. So triple dipping? Quadruple? Geez just chuck the formats and go digital, might as well be sooner rather than later. Oh wait the greedy corporations have to bleed us dry first!

Guest Don G

honestly, I don't think there will be much of a battle between hd-dvd and blu-ray. Being that blu-ray will be part of the playstation 3 it's gonna be impossible for companies to sell consumers on buying another hd player just to play hd dvd movies

Archived