Bruce's Deadly Fingers Blu-Ray

saltysam

Just got this mediabook from Germany. English 2.0 & 5.1 audio options, had a quick skim through and it looks quite nice, the end shot missing from the VCI release is there via an insert from a lesser source.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Platinum Cult edition is on it's way to me right now, I just wonder what are the differences between it and the regular media book edition.

seems like there's a few inserts added to the print used and in spots it seems the english dub is not available so the film reverts to german for these scenes.First few minutes are from Way Of The Dragon, in B&W and in german.

sifu iron perm

silly question, does my UK amazon log in work for the german site?

i'm trying to order this right now..

EDIT..

all sorted..Ordered!

Sehr Gut!

9 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

silly question, does my UK amazon log in work for the german site?

i'm trying to order this right now..

Out of interest did you use your Amazon.co.uk ccount to order this and access the German site?. At one time you could get a lot of foriegn releases just by searching on the U.K site.

sifu iron perm
24 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Out of interest did you use your Amazon.co.uk ccount to order this and access the German site?. At one time you could get a lot of foriegn releases just by searching on the U.K site.

I logged in with my account on the German amazon. 

Coming to Blu-ray (US) from VCI in March. :)

For the first time, the film will be released in widescreen High Definition and produced from a new 2K scan from the 35mm original negative.

• Photo and poster gallery of Bruce’s Deadly Fingers
  • Bruceploitation films’ Theatrical Trailers in HD
  • Commentary track by Michael Worth – author, director, actor, and expert on Bruce Lee, and Bruceploitation films
  • Video interviews with some of the players

Details at the link: http://cityonfire.com/bruce-le-is-coming-to-blu-ray-with-bruces-deadly-fingers-dvd/

Killer Meteor
On 08/12/2017 at 2:10 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Let's hope its uncut!

The VCI DVD was missing the end shot of "Bruce" killing the villian as someone back in the day (early 80s) had made a new "The End" title card and replaced the original Chinese/English end card with a new one, not realising that card was over the final shot of the movie!

Code Red releases a Bruce Le compilation movie, "Bruce's Ninja Secret" on DVD a few years back, and that had the missing shot in scope - part way through the "new" movie!

Going thru the cut footage, deciding if will be an extra feature or cut into feature. Lo res quality, but great for fans.

The above quote is from a recent post by Micheal Worth on his Twitter page.

What do fans think here? should they include the missing footage in the movie? or tag it on as a special feature?.

I prefer they do what TVP does in these situations (but I'm sure there are probably other vendors that do the same thing); where the main feature is the cut/high quality version, but also have the uncut version of the film, with the added lower resolution scenes, selectable within the menu.  This would keep everybody happy.  Personally I would much prefer watch the deleted scenes within the movie rather than to watch them all jumbled to together in a special feature.

29 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

I prefer they do what TVP does in these situations (but I'm sure there are probably other vendors that do the same thing); where the main feature is the cut/high quality version, but also have the uncut version of the film, with the added lower resolution scenes, selectable within the menu.  This would keep everybody happy.  Personally I would much prefer watch the deleted scenes within the movie rather than to watch them all jumbled to together in a special feature.

Great suggestion, that would be the best of both worlds.

Always hoped some of the Bruceploitation titles would have been given this treatment back in the early noughties. Sadly for the most part, we just got badly cropped bootleg DVD's that were often cut/trimmed to boot.

anyone got the VCI yet? mine's on the way,i'm curious how it compares to the german release. i suspect it won't have the Way Of The Dragon footage.

OK, VCI runs over 9 minutes shorter than the german release. The few minutes from Way Of The Dragon aren't there,the deleted scenes that were incorporated into the german release are here as an extra, pity they didn't go with the original plan and insert them via branching. Unlike the german though,the end shot is not an insert but proper HD. Transfer wise i wouldn't say there was much in it. I'll definitely only be keeping one but i'm not sure which one at the moment. pros and cons for both.

Archived