Anticipated Martial Arts Films of 2017

AlbertV

Since we are near the end of 2016, what MA flicks are you looking forward to in 2017? So far, I have two in mind, but let's add to the list! :)

Boyka: Undisputed - the fourth installment bringing Scott Adkins back to his iconic role of Yuri Boyka, now looking for find salvation and again, redemption, when he accidentally kills a fighter and decides to fight to help the widow gain her freedom from a notorious criminal organization. Co-stars Teodora Duhovnikova, Alon Aboutboul, Brahim Achabbakhe, Tim Man (who is also the fight choreographer), Andy Long Nguyen, and bodybuilder Martyn Ford as the beast Koshmar.

Kickboxer: Retaliation - set one year after the events of Vengeance, Kurt Sloane is sent to prison all in an attempt for him to face the 6'8" 400-pound monster known as Mongkut. When he refuses, he becomes a target but facing no other choice, he will find not only his mentor Durand training him, but he will find unexpected mentors who will aid him in training if he will be able to defeat Mongkut. Alain Moussi returns as Kurt Sloane and doubles as co-fight choreographer this time around. Returning are JCVD, Sara Malakul Lane, Fabricio Werdum and Sam Medina. New cast members include Christopher Lambert, Mike Tyson, soccer star Ronaldinho, UFC fighter Roy Nelson, strongman Brian Shaw, Jessica Jann (replacing UFC fighter Paige Vanzant), kickboxer Rico Verhoeven, and the Mountain of Game of Thrones, Hafthor Julius Bjornsson as Mongkut.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan, Charlie Murphy & Pierce Brosnan directed by Martin Campell - The no frills IMDB synopsis: The IRA took his family. The police looked the other way. Now he must get revenge.

315D729300000578-3454970-image-a-8_14559

Chan on set with co-star Katie Leung(Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince).

More on Jackie Chan 2017 schedule by @Mike Leeder over at IMPACTonline.

Link- http://www.impactonline.co/news/13102-jackie-chan-movies/

Savage Dog starring action ace Scott Adkins, Juju Chan, Mark Zaror, Cung Le,  directed by Jesse V.Johnson(The Package)

IMDB  synopsis: A story set in Indochina in 1959, a land beyond rule and a time without mercy, and the birth of a legend.

13620875_1749861205299430_13111032464647

Also looking forward to this one-

ShaOW!linDude
On 12/21/2016 at 9:22 AM, sym8 said:

I'm looking forward to anything that doesn't contain any flying around crap

Best post in this thread so far...but I certainly agree with the choices listed.:tongueout

Kung Fu Yoga - Jackie Chan has said this can pretty be called The Myth 2 in media outlets, as he plays an archaeologist named Jack who teams up with an Indian professor to track down a lost treasure. Sonu Sood plays the villain (Tiger Shroff was offered the villain role but turned it down) with Disha Patani as Jack's partner along with Aarif Rahman and former EXO member Lay Zhang as part of Jack's team. 

Bleeding Steel - Jackie Chan goes sci-fi in this upcoming film as a hardened special forces agent who fights to protect a young woman from a sinister criminal gang. At the same time he with feels a special connection to the young woman, like they met in a different life. Tess Haubrick, Callan Mulvey, Damian Garvey, and Brahim Achabbakhe co-star. 

Karate - Usually known for comedic roles, Chapman To is directing this martial arts film starring pop starlet Stephy Tang, who to prepare for her role, has been undergoing training in karate and Muay Thai under martial artist and actor Stephen Au. She mentioned recently she has to shoot a fight scene with a real-life 3rd-dan black belt and will not be doubled. She said after shooting is complete, she wants to continue training in martial arts

Watched the trailer for Kung Fu Yoga and I think that Jackie just needs to stop making any more movies at this point. Pretty bad stuff, it appears to be. 

Off the top of my head, Kung Fu Yoga looks like it can be fun. I'm highly doubting it will be great, but I think it can still be enjoyable at least. The Foreigner genuinely looks pretty great. It looks dark and gritty. Hopefully, Jackie Chan will get to show his acting skills. What I've seen of the movie looks great and I'm excited to see it.

Archived