Martial Arts Movie Question from the 1970s (Help Please)

BiggWill1988

I asked this question before a really long time ago but I cant remember what I titled the subject to find it, and i wanted to add on to the question also.  I asked about a movie that no one was able to help me on, I did not have that much information to provide on the movie but I'll write what i remember. Fuck it, Ill retell the whole story of the whole night leading up to the movie. I dont think I told the whole story leading up to it in the last thread. Then ill add to what i didnt ask in the last thread about it. So it was 2006, I am 17 years at the time and I am at a party with everyone from my job. We are all in someones basement, which was really nice and my friend/ co worker had on Kung Fu HD on his big tv. I never had Kung Fu HD, I could only see it when I was at friends houses, Wow was i so jealous. I would have watched that channel every chance I got. I do have El Rey now though. But let me get back into the story before I go to off topic. So everyone is having a good time, theres like 20 people there, like 12 guys and 8 girls. The movie that we were watching. Ive been wanting to know for the last 10 years, I am not in contact with anyone that was there to even ask. I dont have there numbers and we all went our seperate ways in life.

So yes, the movie. It looked like it was a martial arts kung fu movie from the 1970's. What I remember is everyone was fighting in  a forest and one guy was laying on the ground with a blade in him, He was dead. His friend walked up to him and said in a serious overdubbed voice " Are You Alright" then they go back to show the guy lying there dead and he didnt respond cause he was dead. I was laughing so hard i almost fell out of my seat in front of everyone there, like i had one of my hands touched the floor to brace my self from just laying on the floor in front of everyone holding my stomach laughing. Im actually laughing really hard picturing the scene in my head right now. I also remember the other main characters were this kid and a woman, the little kid got punched in the face once then he was laying there dead and the bad guys were punching women in the face too, I was like wow, i was not expecting that. And I do remember seeing Iron Dragon Strikes Back, i coulda swore i saw that but i know Thats Bruce Li so that was probably coming on next.

What I didnt ask last thread is I saw the website kungfumovies.net, where they have a section called ask The Master where you can email him about any kung fu movie that you need help remembering. I did email him but did not get a reply. My question is, is there any other sites with anyone else that I can email to ask. I was even thinking about giving some reward to who ever found it. I dont know what a cool reward would be though.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking also if someone knows where I can find a schedule to all the movies they showed on Kung Fu HD, I would go through every movie on the list til I found it. I found a schedule list for one day that just showed 4 movies and none of them were it. I even emailed the contact on the page asking for a list and am waiting for a response. I see on the contact the guy has a phone number too, I might call him up. Ill wait a day to see if I get emailed first.

I had VOOM/Kung-fu HD and this is what I can remember from the top of my head.

SHAWS: All dubbed except the * which I think were subbed (Someone can verify).

36th Chambers Of Shaolin

5 Element Ninja

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

All Men Are Brothers

Avenging Eagles

Blood Brothers

Boxer From Shantung

Brothers Five*

Brave Archer - 1, 2 & 3

Challenge Of The Masters

Chinatown Kid*

Clan Of The White Lotus

Come Drink With Me*

Deadly Duo

Delightful Forest

Dirty Ho

Executioners From Shaolin

Five Shaolin Masters

Four Riders

Flying Guillotine - 1 & 2

Golden Swallow

Heroes Two

Killer Clans

King Boxer

Invincible Shaolin

Legendary Weapons Of China

Life Gamble

Mad Monkey Kung Fu

Men From The Monastery

My Young Auntie

New One Arm Swordsman

Opium & The Kung Fu Master

Pursuit of Vengence*

Shaolin Abbott

Shaolin Avengers

Shaolin Diciples

Shaolin Handlock

Shaolin Mantis

Shaolin Martial Arts

Shaolin Temple (Fu Sheng)

Shaolin Prince

Super Inframan

The Assassin

The Chinese Boxer

The Duel

The Kid With The Golden Arm

The Heroic Ones

The Master Strikes Back

Valley of the Fangs

Vengeance

Water Margin*

Web of Death

Non-Shaws

Armour of God

Dragon Lord

Wheels On Meals  

Twinkle twinkle Lucky Stars

Zu Warriors

Dr. Wai in The Scripture With No Words

Kid from Shaolin

The Master

Born to Defence

Legend of the Swordsman (Swordsman 2)

The Bodyguard (aka The defender)

The Big Boss

Fist of Fury

Way of the Dragon

Game of Death

Bruce Lee, The Legend

Return Of The Tiger

Tiger Over Wall

Kung Fu Master Named Drunk Cat

Wing Chun

King of Beggars (Stephen Chow).

There were more movies not listed that were played - currently don't remember which ones.

They played some of the Zatoichi movies but don't remember which ones as well as a few other samurai movies.

^ Thanks i appreciate you posting that list I am going to go through the whole list sometime today, If i do figure out what the movie is I will post what it is right away on here

O yeah i forgot one huge detail the hero in the movie that walked over to his friend that was laying there dead on the battlefield with a blade stuck in him, and his, the hero had long black hair and a beard. He kind of looked like a Venom but im 99.9% sure it was a Venom movie. the guy laying on the ground looked similiar to the hero but they were wearing different clothles. I would even say this was a non Shaw movie, im pretty confindent it was non sure but not 100 percent i could be wrong. Let me also mention when I saw this movie, I only saw like the last ten minutes of it and the only scenes i saw from it, every one was out side in the woods the whole time. After i go through the list, if i am still having trouble finding it I will contact El Rey too see if they know, ive never seen it on there channel bt maybe someone from there could know

I went through the whole list, I did not find the movie I was looking for on there, but thank you for posting the list, I had a lot of fun looking through it :) 
I am going to email El Rey Network and maybe see if someone on there knows and Im going to give the guy a call who use to work for Voom. Of course when I find I will post it on here right away

You know what movie I really thought it was for a second. I thought it was Return Of The Kung Fu Dragon. Except I couldn't find the scene where the guy had the blade stuck in him and his friend asked him if he was alright. Alot of that movie matched up to my memory except for that, are there any movies that have a similar feeling to that or look similar with the main heroes being a woman fighter, a kid fighter, and a male fighter, fighting in the woods?, And with the characters flying through the woods too. I really was like almost 99.9 percent sure it was Return of The Kung Fu Dragon when watching it now, but you know what happened I'm trying to remember a movie from 10 years ago and ive seen more then a zillion movies since then, my memory could be off and i could've mixed and matched scenes from all different movies together and not have remembered everything right.

Another reason why i think its Return Of The Kung Fu Dragon is cause when I was trying to remember the name of the film I thought it was called Return Of The Iron Dragon then i saw there was no so movie and I ended up mixing the title together of Return Of The Kung Fu Dragon and Iron Dragon Strikes Back, Being that Iron Dragon Strikes back came on after

Archived