Official Girls with Guns thread

sifu iron perm

PandaPawPaw
On 2/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Also married...

image.jpeg.acccb37f1becad1fbea2cb88b515f53f.jpeg

Is that an official wedding pic as she's like "WTF have I done!?" and he's like "wedding night is about to be sexy times".

PandaPawPaw

Black Cat (1991) - "Catherine is a violent and disturbed young lady who is shot down by the government in one of her escapades. She wakes up in a training facility and is taught to use weapons, combat, and is put through heavy endurance training. When she is done, she is given the code name "Black Cat". Catherine is now an assassin for the government and is very good at it but she soon finds a boyfriend and is caught between her love for him and her deal with the government."

Average movie and nothing amazing but somewhat watchable. Some OK fights and Jade Leung was good.

Black Cat 2 (1992) - "Scientists install a micro chip, called Black Cat, inside the brain of a violence prone girl named Catherine in an attempt to refine and control her fits of rage. Their plan is to turn her into the perfect government secret agent "killing machine".

Compared to the first film, this was pretty boring with a few good action bits and some fun wire work near the end. I did like the spike through the pole bit. :D

ShawAngela

I just finished to watch Dreaming the reality 1991.

I enjoyed it a lot : good plot, good fights, excellent Moon Lee, Yukari Oshima, Sibelle Hu and Ben Lam. And Ko Hung plays a great villain too!

Maybe I missed it in a blink, but at the end of Ben Lam's interview, there are some scenes from the movie that are shown, and the one I didn't see during the movie is Sibelle Hu playing a force game with a white guy (in French, we call this a "bras de fer").

So, this movie would be cut?

ShawAngela

I just finished to watch Queen's high 1991.

What a superb movie, I loved it! Two famous actors with very short roles : Wang Yung from the Shaws and Kenneth Tsang from the old Cantonese movies and a lot of TVB series. 

Simon Yam, Chai Hon (Adrian Tang) and Cynthia Khan are all excellent, here, and I hated Chai Hon's fate!

Cynthia has a furious fight with a blonde woman, and she kicks everybody, here!

Question for those who bought the recent release of this movie : did any of you noticed that sometimes, there were some missing subtitles, or they didn't match what was going on on the screen, and sometimes, they didn't any fit what was said in Mandarin or they didn't translate some sentences?

• Like 1

ChillyChong

Forbidden Arsenal

Emphasis is more on gunplay and action is really well done. There are still some decent fights. Not as awesome as ITLOD4 but may be 2nd best of the lot.

IMG_20240329_180257.jpg

• Like 2

ChillyChong

Lethal panther.

Solid movie with lots of action. Was surprised about nudity. Tvp release is very good pity they did not put out more girls with guns

IMG_20240331_210124.jpg

Yihetuan

Lady Supercop - Dir. Billy Chung [1993] (Hong Kong)

This is a film that deserves the boutique blu ray treatment. A very fun and at times quite dark and grim buddy cop film. Teresa Mo and Carina Lau star as cousins who are on the HK police force with Carina having returned to HK after a stint in Canada. As you can imagine, they have differing styles when it comes to dealing with crime with Carina the more serious and by the book of the two and Teresa the more easy going and lax and yes, they clash heads every now and then but as they say "blood is thicker than water." These two gals really show the baddies (in this case an international gang of weapons dealers led by a really nasty Chin Ho) they mean business. There are a few comedic moments but the actual killings are brutal with capital "B" -- I mean huge squibs and gory point blank headshots and shotgun blasts. There is a torture scene involving Eric Tsang that makes the dental interrogation scene in Marathon Man look like a Disney film in comparison. Michael Chan-wai also appears towards the end providing some old fashioned basher action which was a pleasant surprise. But the reason to watch is the interaction between the two leads and also their police informant May (played by May Lo Mei-wei). Three attractive women getting down to business in a very brutal finale.

• Like 1

Yihetuan

The Nocturnal Demon - Dir. Ricky Lau [1990] (Hong Kong)

Using most of the same cast from his famous Mr. Vampire series, Lau returns with a this hybrid action/comedy/slasher flick and while it is a mess plotwise and there are some 'out there' moments including Moon Lee in 'blackface' and going undercover to catch a serial killer preying on hookers played by a goofy Alfred Cheung and the comedy is very hit and miss. But worth it to see a cute Moon Lee with a Louis Brooks bowl cut and her fight scenes especially her kicking Yuen Wah's ass on skates and seeing her dressed up as a skank at the end.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
Posted (edited)

Devil Hunters - Stars: Alex Man, Moon Lee, Sibelle Hu, Ken Lo, Chan Wai Man
Dir: Tommy Wong          Chor: Chiu Fat

This is pretty good modern actioner. The under-cranking at times is a little quick, but not early Donnie Yen level. The plot is typical of cops trying to catch bad guys. There's lots of shoot-outs with smatterings of MA tossed in. The stuntwork is really brutal at times with some of the hard falls these guys take. Made me yelp more than once. It's the finale that is remembered by anyone who's ever seen it. The ending is pretty bombastic with gunfire and beatdowns. This is the film where Alex Man, Moon Lee, and Sibelle Hu jump from a window as the villain offs himself by shooting a propane take. Multiple takes show the actors leaping as the explosion occurs. A finale screenshot notes that too much gunpowder was used by the pyrotechnic team, resulting in a larger explosion than planned. Sibelle Hu, who was in the center, caught the worst of it. Man jumps first and then Lee, both a couple of seconds prior to Hu. Sibelle is completely engulfed in the flames so that even as the explosion abates, she is on fire from head to toe as she drops to the ground. A note at the end of the movie says all 3 actors were taken to the hospital and even shows a newspaper clipping of the story with a photo of Sibelle's face wrapped in bandages.

Crazy.

I watched it Tubi.

Edited by ShaOW!linDude
  • Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

The Avenging Quartet (1993) starring Cynthia Khan, Moon Lee, Chin Ka Lok, Michiko Nishiwaki, Yukari Oshima

This is available on Tubi.

CK plays a Chinese soldier who's fallen in love with a shady art teacher/dealer who also the lover of ML, whose family has its own hint of shadiness. After he flees back to Hong Kong, CK comes looking for him and meets up with ML. They become besties, whining over their missing lover without knowing it's the same guy. CKL plays the braggart cop who develops a crush on ML while her sister-in-law MN takes over her brother's business. YO is a Japanese assassin sent to find a particular painting and the art teacher which MN is also looking for. (Confused yet?)

The is a solid modern actioner. There's lots of gunplay and sporadic fight scenes. The finale is the best. Honestly, the movie is standard fare, but it's not really the best showcasing of all involved. And the titled really should've been Dueling Duos, which would make more sense. All in all, it's cool to see 4 femme fatales of the Girls With Guns genre duking it out. Khan and Lee are super cute in this one, but it's Michiko Nishiwaki who is the real eye-catcher.

• Like 2