The Batman (2022) - Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright, Colin Farrell

AlbertV

Watched this the other day, huge Batman nut who used to collect the comics back in the day. Disappointed by it, overlong,boring and the mystery fell flat. Just didn't do it for me,though i enjoyed spotting locations that were filmed here in my city (Liverpool,UK)

• Like 4

ShaOW!linDude

Not gonna lie. This was 3 hours of disappointment for me. We get another body armored Batman with stiff, limited movement. I hated what they did with the Riddler. Snyder's take on Batman has been the best to me so far. Battfleck taking out the mercenaries in the warehouse during BvsS is the best depiction of Batman fighting on film to date. That's the benchmark. The only thing I enjoyed about the Pattinson Batman is the attention given to Bats as a detective, which has been lacking in many of the films. 

• Like 5

The penguin is not sitting as well for me as time goes on. Looks too much like a regular ‘guy’. If you can even have a joker in this movie like they showed in the end then there has to be Some cartoonishness to the damn penguin. Either that or no joker either, its still a superhero movie after all. The angle they went everyone is just a powerful freak, but without supernatural powers. Riddler is a disturbing creep who wears a weird bondage style mask, maybe a criminal weirdo paints his face talks with a helium-like pitch voice, harder to believe but Ok. 

Cool movie but soo overhyped. Im just glad everyone here isnt losing their minds over how great they think it is. Seems all opinions these days are so bandwagon. Everythings either complete crap or absolutely incredible. Very irritating to me. Speaking of pattinson, the Lighthouse is another great example of this. Its good, I never felt it was this insane masterpiece people made it out to be.

Id never thought Id see the day where a good portion of fans flip flop on the nolan movies and start hating on them all of a sudden.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Does anyone know what was up with the Batman voice in the Nolan films? I always find it funny/stupid. Like he really need a shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Does anyone know what was up with the Batman voice in the Nolan films? I always find it funny/stupid. Like he really need a shit.

It was good in Batman Begins but he overdid it in the sequels. I guess Bale's voice changed as he aged.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Karlos said:

I'm ahead of the curve - always thought the Nolan Batman films stunk!

1uf27Y7.gif

:P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 3

Other than the final act being a bit too long, I thought this was amazing🥋👍👊🐉‼️ Can't wait for the next chapter‼️‼️‼️‼️

Edited by MobFu1972
Spelling error

23 hours ago, Koravec said:

Cool movie but soo overhyped. Im just glad everyone here isnt losing their minds over how great they think it is. Seems all opinions these days are so bandwagon. Everythings either complete crap or absolutely incredible. Very irritating to me. Speaking of pattinson, the Lighthouse is another great example of this. Its good, I never felt it was this insane masterpiece people made it out to be.

I'm happy to say I lost my mind when I first saw this film but that's because it appealed to all my sensibilities. All I ever wanted is a ground-in-reality Batman with fantastical elements. Basically a cross between Batman and Se7en. And that's what I got.

With that said, now that I've got it, I hope they go a little crazy with the second film and give us Clayface or Killer Croc or a ludicrously big Bane. We've had the dark normalcy of the first one. I want something fresh and a little bit off the rails for the second one.
Admittedly, I'm also interested in Barry Keoghan's Joker, though I understand if they don't move forward with him. I feel the world is kind of tired with Joker at the moment. Especially since we've seemingly had the best of the best (Ledger).

I just want Pattinson's Batman series to remain fresh. I don't want it to walk the same ground over and over and over. For example, we don't need Catwoman in the sequel. Bring her back in the third, if needed. But we don't need her conveniently back for the second. And with Bruce Wayne's age being what it is, we do NOT need a Robin. Especially since we're getting a Batman and Robin film in the future anyway.

• Like 4

On 10/12/2023 at 5:13 PM, Koravec said:

The penguin is not sitting as well for me as time goes on. Looks too much like a regular ‘guy’. If you can even have a joker in this movie like they showed in the end then there has to be Some cartoonishness to the damn penguin. Either that or no joker either, its still a superhero movie after all. The angle they went everyone is just a powerful freak, but without supernatural powers. Riddler is a disturbing creep who wears a weird bondage style mask, maybe a criminal weirdo paints his face talks with a helium-like pitch voice, harder to believe but Ok. 

Id never thought Id see the day where a good portion of fans flip flop on the nolan movies and start hating on them all of a sudden.

I couldn’t agree more. Over time my disdain for this movie has only grown. Mostly because of all the fanboys attacking me for saying I thought it was meh at best. The funny thing is, they try and argue with me( A lifelong Batman fan, who has read nearly ever major storyline in the comics  and watched all the films and tv shows) about Batman, and you can tell they probably never read a Batman book in their life. If I see “It’s only Batman’s second year” one more time, I might scream. It’s a stupid argument for explaining away why he is so damn dumb. I read Year one and Earth One, and he didn’t act this incompetent. 

As for the Nolan films, I still love them, but now I  think Batman Begins was the best film it that trilogy. TDK was great but BB was damn near perfect. As for DKR, it’s still a mess, with bad casting choices, poor writing, and Bale’s Batman voice reaching parody level. It honestly had me laughing my ass off.

• Like 1