The Batman (2022) - Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright, Colin Farrell

AlbertV

Drunken Monk

I love Nolan's Batman films but I don't think he executed Batman all that well. His movements felt clunky and I don't think the movies were dark enough. This one looks far closer to the Batman I love: dark, tragic, vicious even. I love that he's the "I am vengeance" Batman.

It looks more like Fincher's Se7en than a Batman movie and I'm actually very grateful for that.

• Like 4

colin-farrells-the-batman-look-confirmed

It has been confirmed that this is Colin Farrell as the Penguin (the make-up designer confirmed it via Instagram). It is now practically all confirmed that the masked killer is none other than Paul Dano's Riddler.

Barry Keoghan is in the film as well as Gordon's 1st partner Stanley Merkel and Rupert Perry-Jones is believed to be the Gotham Mayer who falls victim to the villain.

• Like 5

Paul Dano's The Riddler costume was leaked and it looks to be inspired by the real-life Zodiac Killer!

the-batman.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=10

Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne and Paul Dano as The Riddler.

The film is now officially coming out March 4, 2022.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Paul Dano's The Riddler costume was leaked and it looks to be inspired by the real-life Zodiac Killer!

Not going to lie, that is a pretty bad-ass Riddler. And the connection to the Zodiac Killer does make a lot of sense. Not thrilled with some of the choices they have made with this movie, but it does seem to be shaping up to be a pretty good film. 

• Like 4

Drunken Monk
19 hours ago, AlbertV said:

It's not really a costume leak since you see that exact shot in the trailer. All you have to do is pause it at the right moment.

With that said, I do like that he has more of a serial killery vibe. It adds to the whole "Batman's the world's greatest detective" angle their supposedly going with this one.

• Like 4

The Ghost Face Killah

I will say after seeing Robert pattinson's acting in Tenet I think he'll be a solid or very good Batman. I had my doubts about his commitment but we'll see how he does. I like the Zodiac reference as it does fit the Riddler perfectly.

• Like 4

On 6/13/2021 at 3:10 AM, The Ghost Face Killah said:

I will say after seeing Robert pattinson's acting in Tenet I think he'll be a solid or very good Batman. I had my doubts about his commitment but we'll see how he does. I like the Zodiac reference as it does fit the Riddler perfectly.

If you thought his acting was good there you should check out "The Lighthouse". His performace as well as the one from Dafoe was nothing short of amazing! Pattinson has proven to be a versatile and great actor. The Twilight years are certainly and thankfully long gone.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, DiP said:

This is a fan made trailer since it has footage from Gangs of London spliced into it.

The new trailer won’t be out until DC’s big comic con like event next month.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
14 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

This is a fan made trailer since it has footage from Gangs of London spliced into it.

The new trailer won’t be out until DC’s big comic con like event next month.

Ah gotcha. Cause I thought that trailer was a banger. It got me excited for the official trailer now. Let's go baby! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

batman-111-scaled.jpg?resize=768,1138&ss
batman-1112-scaled.jpg?resize=768,1138&s

Man, that first poster is bad-ass! I'm going to have to see about getting a copy of that to hang on my wall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DiP said:

Damn, this looks awesome! I'm am so pumped right now! lol It really has a good chance to be the best Batman movie ever. 

• Like 4

Newest trailer is out and I gotta say this looks f*cking amazing! I'm super hyped for this and definitely one of my most anticipated for 2022 (fingers crossed). 

• Like 3

Booked tickets for March 12. I haven't gone out to the movie theater since last summer, and haven't been so hyped over a Hollywood movie since John Wick 3.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

The Ghost Face Killah

Big Batman fan so I really was hoping they wouldn't mess it up, it was a really good take on Batman.

I have Dark Knight as the best superhero movie for me and it was somewhere in the Nolan Trilogy. If some said it was the second best Batman film I could understand.

Great cinematography and style in the movie, a sign it was excellent was that I didn't feel the three hours at all and it kept things moving. Making the Riddler like the Zodiac was brilliant, Zoe had a strong performance and props to Pattinson he pulled it off well. The audience clapped at the end in my showing which was cool.

Edited by The Ghost Face Killah
  • Like 5