The Batman (2022) - Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright, Colin Farrell

AlbertV

At least it won't be another boring origin story. It is said the film is set just two years after Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and it is believed that he created his own makeshift suit. And that music played in the video is apparently part of the soundtrack that will be in the film.

• Like 4

Secret Executioner
1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

At least it won't be another boring origin story. It is said the film is set just two years after Bruce Wayne becomes Batman

That's a big plus. While an origin story could be good (Batman begins is a great movie), I feel characters like Batman, Superman or Spider-Man have had their backstory told so often that we no longer need movies focused strictly on their background.

Having the movie set a couple of years into his "carreer" can be a great choice IMO. I enjoyed the cartoon series The Batman (at least the first couple of seasons) and Batman begins partly for the evolution of Gotham once Batman becomes established - Batman is still relatively new (the first episode of The Batman starts with the third anniversary of his debut as a crime fighter) but the fact the crime masters in Gotham switch from regular thugs and the mafia to supervillains is kind of an aftermath of there being a Batman. As Gordon puts it in the end of Batman begins it's an escalade wherein whenever a new force emerges on the good side, the bad side replies with an attempt at overcoming said good force.

• Like 4

I saw  an article yesterday were Marvel fans were already complaining about the new Batman costume, saying it looks to much like the hero of Hell's Kitchen which is Daredevil.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CT KID said:

I saw  an article yesterday were Marvel fans were already complaining about the new Batman costume, saying it looks to much like the hero of Hell's Kitchen which is Daredevil.

I think it's because of the out of focus in the video, we didn't get to see the ears on the cowl...but I'm sure we'll see it soon

• Like 2

Yeah that looks like the Batman outfit for sure there instead of Daredevil, but I swear that stunt double looks like Ben Affleck!

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, Secret Executioner said:

I find it has a Nolan Batman vibe to it. Guess it should be fine in the end.

I agree, loved Nolan's interpretation and the ninja like vibe of the costume.

• Like 4

The news of Pattinson refusing to work out for the role doesn't make me enthusiastic about this. But it sure does look great based on the stills, and it has Matt Reeves directing who has a good track record. So we shall see. 

Until then, I'll just wait for trailers to surface.

• Like 3

The Ghost Face Killah

I'm a Batman fan so I really hope this is a good one, but if the lead actor Pattinson isn't going to work out or fully commit to the role as great actors have in the past doesn't sound good.

Nolan, Christian Bale and Ledger had an edge to them which made it like a crime drama, The fear is a soft twilight like interpertation of Batman. Granted he's evolved as an actor but still.

Bale.jpg

Batman Begins, 2005 - The Dark Knight, 2008 - The Dark Knight Rises, 2012

Bale muscled up three different times to play the iconic superhero Batman for Christopher Nolan’s critically-acclaimed Dark Knight series. When he first prepared for the role, Bale was coming off his work in The Machinist, for which he lost 63 pounds. So Bale went to the extreme, adding 100 pounds to his body, most of it pure muscle. Bale added so much that Nolan asked him to drop a few pounds before filming, which the two discussed in this TV interview.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/christian-bales-most-extreme-body-transformations-for-movie-roles/

Edited by The Ghost Face Killah
  • Like 3

The Ghost Face Killah

According to this even Zoe Kravitz is out working him to get in shape.

Jeez, if not for the fans you're going to make millions, man up and pay the price for your craft.

'The Batman' star Robert Pattinson says he refuses to exercise while quarantined: 'If you're working out all the time, you're part of the problem'

• "The Batman" star Robert Pattinson told GQ magazine that he's not exercising at all while quarantined.
  • The actor said that the trainer hired by Warner Bros. gave him a Bosu ball and a weight, but he's "just barely doing anything," especially compared to costar Zoë Kravitz who's been working out five days per week. 
  • "I think if you're working out all the time, you're part of the problem," Pattinson added, saying that such actors "set a precedent" for others. 

https://www.insider.com/robert-pattinson-exercise-quarantine-the-batman-workout-interview-2020-5

Edited by The Ghost Face Killah
  • Like 3

All doubts are now partially answered... Now let's give Pattinson a chance of proving his worth!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

I didn't want to have anything to do with this because I don't think anyone can ever top Chris Nolan/ Christian Bale's Batman but I'm still glad I decided to watch the trailer. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I didn't want to have anything to do with this because I don't think anyone can ever top Chris Nolan/ Christian Bale's Batman

In terms of action, this may have already topped Bale's Batman. Would love to see Pattison's fight scenes in their entirety because that shot of him beating up the thug outbeats everything Nolan did with his adaptations.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DiP said:

In terms of action, this may have already topped Bale's Batman. Would love to see Pattison's fight scenes in their entirety because that shot of him beating up the thug outbeats everything Nolan did with his adaptations.

So the scene of Batman beating up criminals to relieve stress in dk was nothing to write home about? I think its even fair to say the scene here is a direct derivative or response to it.  

• Like 3

Nolan's way of shooting fight scenes for his Batman movies did nothing for me. The most Nolan did was when he started with Batman Begins but the intricate camera/editing work makes it quite hard to appreciate. Burton and Snyder did it much better.

Reeves sure makes a response to Nolan's fight scenes; Improving something that Nolan himself could've done after learning from his first movie but didn't. Instead he made his fight scenes redundant and plain. Works as standalone movies loosely based on its' source material but as faithful Batman adaptations, so much is missing.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang

2 hours ago, DiP said:

As much as I love action in movies, it's not my reason to watch Nolan's Batman  :)  I appreciate these movies more as a gesamtkunstwerk (does this term really work in English, too?). Also, I only know Batman from the movies, I never read the comics and thus lack all the lore. Anyway, I now look forward to this new movie! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DiP said:

Nolan's way of shooting fight scenes for his Batman movies did nothing for me. The most Nolan did was when he started with Batman Begins but the intricate camera/editing work makes it quite hard to appreciate. Burton and Snyder did it much better.

Reeves sure makes a response to Nolan's fight scenes; Improving something that Nolan himself could've done after learning from his first movie but didn't. Instead he made his fight scenes redundant and plain. Works as standalone movies loosely based on its' source material but as faithful Batman adaptations, so much is missing.

Overall the trailer left me with a better impression than when I first heard Pattinson was going to be Batman..

That scene of him beating up the thug actually was a negative to me... In my mind Batman is supposed to be a calculated martial arts expert, not a crazed savage. I guess we shouldn’t expect great choreography in a Hollywood flick that isn’t John Wick though.

• Like 2

I admit, I was skeptical too when learning of Pattinson as the Batman, but damn! That beatdown and that look reminiscent of something in a Crow movie just told me...Hell to the yes! I gotta see this. The world is ready for "Pattman". Production resumes next month. Can't wait to see how the rest turn out. I also like the use of Riddler's questions in the release date considering he's in it as well.

• Like 2

Nolan's Batman films were perfect - except the fight scenes. Pattinson didn't fill me with hope, especially after all that bragging about how he refused to exercise. But that? Wow. Matt Reeves proved himself an excellent action director with the Apes films.

• Like 3