Star Trek: Discovery

AlbertV

CBS will premiere the two-hour pilot for its All Access Star Trek: Discovery series before being exclusively on All Access.

The series will star The Walking Dead's Sonequa Martin-Green as Rainsford, the lieutenant commander of the Discovery. Martin-Green is known for playing Sasha on The Walking Dead and is still an active character on that show, so we will see what will happen. Doug Jones plays Discovery Lt. Saru and along with Anthony Rapp as Officer Stamets.

Michelle Yeoh plays Capt. Georgiou, the commander of the USS Shenzhou. Chris Obi plays T'Kuvma, a Klingon leader who is looking to unite the entire race and has a protege in Kol, played by Shazad Latif. Mary Chieffo plays Klingon Battle Deck Commander L'Rell.

The two-hour pilot will premiere in May on CBS network, then the rest of the series will be exclusive on CBS All-Access. Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman co-created the new series. Fuller recently left the series as showrunner and Rod Roddenberry serves as executive producer. Rod's father is none other than the creator of the original Star Trek, Gene Roddenberry.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/walking-dead-star-lands-star-trek-discovery-lead-1201942648/
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-discovery-klingons-1201939934/
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-discovery-michelle-yeoh-1201925280/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone here actually watch this? It felt half-baked and my dad thought the klingons looked like giant turds. I hope the rest of the season improves, but I don't hold out hope based on how awful episode 1 turned out to be.

My biggest issue is that episode one felt like half an episode.  It should have been a two-hour premiere.  All other Star Trek pilots had a beginning, middle, and end and you got time to understand the characters that you would be watching every week.  Not so much here.  I also thought that Enterprise (the prequel show) did a better job balancing the whole “looking futuristic while also looking like it came before Kirk/Spock” thing.  Obviously times have changed and so does our perception of future tech, but they really went wild here.  Even more than the reboot universe!  But in the end, it wasn’t bad. I can be okay with the new Klingon look and the production is first-rate.  I want to see the whole season before I judge fully...

I enjoyed it for the most part. I was hesitant at first about changes like the new look of the Klingon's and the fact it's a prequel to TOS but the tech looks more advance, but still I'm going to try and embrace it for what it is. The visuals looked movie quality but still I thought the lens flares and the sort of Dutch/slanted angles were distracting. Well perhaps it won't be as good as some of the other Treks but I still think it should be interesting. Obviously it's a bit early to say yet though.  (We've not even seen the USS Discovery in show yet, might as well be Star Trek  Shenzhou at this stage lol).

Archived