Savage Dog (2016) - Scott Adkins, Marko Zaror, Juju Chan

DragonClaws

Recall us having a quite lengthy thread about the up-coming Scott Adkins Cung Le actioner Savage Dog. Not sure who originally started that thread?, just wondering if whoever started it would like to saved it or could re-post it?.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

It was me.....might as well make this one the new starting point.

Have you seen the movie GROUNDHOG DAY @One Armed Boxer? If not, don't bother... your now living it. (Cue Sonny & Cher's I Got You Babe on the radio)

Seriously though, thanks for re-posting this.

12 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

It was me.....might as well make this one the new starting point.

10 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Seriously though, thanks for re-posting this.

Thanks guys.

You can delete my first post if you want?, now we know who started  the thread.

One Armed Boxer
On 13/12/2016 at 9:49 PM, DragonClaws said:

You can delete my first post if you want?, now we know who started  the thread.

Hey DC, the only posts in a thread which can't be deleted are the initial ones that start the thread.  Delete that one, and it takes the whole thread with it.  No worries though, KFF will show off its scars with pride, so I think your post is just fine.

The action and productions values look great, really love the period setting too. If the film is as good as the trialer, they've done a very good job with this one.

Thanks for posting @kingofkungfu2002.

One Armed Boxer

Once the trailer stopped with the done-to-death Adkins slo-mo aerial kicks, this looked pretty damn good!  Count me in.

DragonClaws

Behind the scenes picture from the set of Savege Dog, Mark Zaror, Scott Adkins and Cung Le. Not sure who the guy on the far left is?.

Looking forward to this one, when it gets a U.K release.

savage-dog.jpg

Drunken Monk

This one is really mediocre. It's not great but it's not terrible.

it ends up being a traditional revenge flick with way more gunfights than martial arts. What martial arts there is is very much kickboxing and not all that interesting to watch, I'm afraid. Has a distinct Van Damme era feel to the action.

The action is hyper violent too. Blood spurting, heads exploding etc. It's pretty good to see. It's also good to see Marko Zaror speaking English. Very good English at that.

Sadly, he and Cung Le are a bit wasted. They have their moments but they're just not all that spectacular. Zaror versus Adkins isn't that bad though.

Overall, it's a fine film but not one I'd watch over and over. It's just a run of the mill actioner with a few above average moments here and there.

XLrator Media is releasing this in select theaters on August 4, then on VOD and iTunes on August 8.

One Armed Boxer
On 16/06/2017 at 3:42 AM, AlbertV said:

XLrator Media is releasing this in select theaters on August 4, then on VOD and iTunes on August 8.

Wow...no physical media release state side?

DragonClaws

Still no U.K release date for this one?, hope we get a DVD/Blu-Ray release and not just a run on some VOD site.

kingofkungfu2002
3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Still no U.K release date for this one?, hope we get a DVD/Blu-Ray release and not just a run on some VOD site.

Better off just importing the German release mate.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/25/2017 at 3:03 PM, DragonClaws said:

Okay, that is a juicy piece of old school style art right there! :bigsmile:

On 7/15/2017 at 7:37 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

I got through watching this one recently...definitely a movie of two halves, check out my full review here - 

http://cityonfire.com/savage-dog-2017-review-scott-adkins-marko-zaror-cung-le-jesse-v-johnson/

Love your review man.

I've got to post mine here.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:24 PM, DragonClaws said:

Frustrating. :wondering

On 7/17/2017 at 3:28 PM, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Better off just importing the German release mate.

I'm tempted to, but want to support any US release that might happen. But I'm losing my patience. I watched it with a friend that bought the German Blu-ray, and I want it. Now.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:59 AM, mpm74 said:

10 questions for MARKO ZAROR... (find out who he'd want to fight in his next movie!)...

http://cityonfire.com/taming-the-savage-dog-10-questions-for-marko-zaror-interview-martial-artist-chile/

zaror.gif

This I have to read! :muscle:bigsmile:

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

And even more Marko goodness? Yes please.

Okay, I just read both Marko Zaror interviews that are linked above. Good stuff!

Archived