Jackie Chan's: Five Against A Bullet

DragonClaws

Jackie Chan continues to keep active with his name being added to the cast of Five Against A Bullet. This is another title in the actor's already packed out schedule including Kung Fu Yoga, The Foreigner and Bleeding Steel to name just a few.

Den Of Geek Synopsis- The film – based on Carnahan’s re-write of a script by Predators scribe Alex Litvak – is set in a small Mexican town, depicting five bodyguards who are tasked with defending a Mexican politician who has become the target of the drug cartel that murdered his father. Jackie Chan will play one of the quintet of embattled guardians, described as world-weary.

maxresdefault-32.jpg
Chan in Chinese Zodiac(2012)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Director Jeffrey Nachmanoff has been hired by Sony Picturres, to direct Five Against A Bullit. The movie is a co-production between Jackies production company, Sparkle Row and Columbia pictures.

Link- http://deadline.com/2017/02/jackie-chan-jeffrey-nachmanoff-five-against-a-bullet-sony-pictures-1201957392/

Chan with the cast of Bleeding Steel, which is also produced by his own production company Sparkle Row.

nana-ouyang-jackie-chan-erica-xia-hou-an

Is director Jeffrey Nachmanoff a real director or just another JC puppet? I mean, Five Against a Bullet sounds interesting, but it should be gritty since it will involve Mexican drug gangs as part of the story. Or, are we going to end up with another road trip movie with some hot asian women? Well, yeah, I would rather hang out with a bunch of hot asian women then guard some politician down in Mexico against drug cartels, but, JC`s films are all starting to look the same now. I thought that the title, Bleeding Steel, would also be a good title for a kick-ass kung fu film starring JC, ala Police Story. But, it looks like we are getting another road picture with JC and some hot women. I guess if anyone deserves it, JC does. 

At this point, I'm only interested in The Foreigner. Chan not only gets to play a role in a gritty (or so it seems) movie but he's teaming up with Martin Campbell and Pierce Brosnan as well. This better not be a case of Chan taking the reigns injecting too much of his brand humor and filler.

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, reason108 said:

Is director Jeffrey Nachmanoff a real director or just another JC puppet? I mean, Five Against a Bullet sounds interesting, but it should be gritty since it will involve Mexican drug gangs as part of the story. Or, are we going to end up with another road trip movie with some hot asian women? Well, yeah, I would rather hang out with a bunch of hot asian women then guard some politician down in Mexico against drug cartels, but, JC`s films are all starting to look the same now.

I'm hoping that some of the other body guards might be other well known actors/action stars?. It's too early to see how this is going to turn out. It does sound like a more serious project, but this doesnt mean it wont be more in line with his other recent movies.

Well, Skiptrace was directed by Renny Harlin. And, look how that one turned out! The guy did direct Die Hard 2 and Cliffhanger and other films. So, guess that I was expecting more! Maybe Jackie has some kind of magic power that turns decent directors into mush! :smile If anyone listened to the commentary for Skiptrace, it sounded like one giant party and they had such a great time and how great the Adele Rolling in the Deep scene turned out. Honestly, I thought that scene was the biggest embarrassment in the whole film! Yet, he was so proud of it and they had to get the rights so it would get included in the film. Lesson of the day, do not go out drinking with Jackie. He will probably slip something in your drink that will make you go along with his crazy ideas! :monk_laughing:

Don`t get me wrong, I love JC and his older movies. But, directors just seem to bend-over backwards for Jackie and seem to loose judgement about what is good or not. I know it is just my opinion, but Jackie`s films have not been that great, lately. I don't mind that he is slowing down physically; that happens with age, of course. I just want to see him make a quality picture. And, perhaps he needs to work with some fresh fight choreographers. I hate to be so negative towards him but I would love to see better quality instead of quantity from one of my idols. 

1 hour ago, reason108 said:

Well, Skiptrace was directed by Renny Harlin. And, look how that one turned out!  

Yep, just fine!

On 3/5/2017 at 7:08 PM, massa_yoda said:

Yep, just fine!

:smile Glad you like it! Personally, I could not stand it. The fight with Jackie and the Russian woman was ok. I did get a laugh how he beat her and also  when she got stuck. 

This flicks still up on Jackie Chans IMDB page, but there's been no news in regards to furhter cast additions, etc. When Sylvester Stallone dropped out of Project X, part of me hoped he might join the cast of this Five Against a Bullit. Though I know there more chance of Chan doing one of his many rumoured sequels, Karate Kid 2, Shangahi Dawn, Rush Hour 4.

Did anyone here catch Chan in the 2017 drama Namiya?.

MV5BYzllMjZiODYtMDBjZC00ZDFkLTkyY2EtNGJj

36tripsofdeath

Five Against the Bullet is back on track. Apparently, the writers fixed the problem Jackie had with the script. The crew are currently location scouting and the casting is in progress but other stars have yet to be announced. Jackie should be heading to Mexico sometime within the next few months to film the movie. It is rumoured that director Jeffrey Nachmanoff has been replaced by Tony Chan but this has yet to be confirmed. A snapshot of Tony Chan and Jun He and other possible stuntmen and crew members has appeared online recently. The picture was taken in Mexico.

At the Golden Rooster Awards, Jackie announced two other movie projects: Grand Marshall and Chinese Zodiac 2 which might be directed by Zheng Xu of Lost in Thailand fame.

12 hours ago, 36tripsofdeath said:

Five Against the Bullet is back on track. Apparently, the writers fixed the problem Jackie had with the script. The crew are currently location scouting and the casting is in progress but other stars have yet to be announced. Jackie should be heading to Mexico sometime within the next few months to film the movie. It is rumoured that director Jeffrey Nachmanoff has been replaced by Tony Chan but this has yet to be confirmed. A snapshot of Tony Chan and Jun He and other possible stuntmen and crew members has appeared online recently. The picture was taken in Mexico.

Great news @36tripsofdeath.

I was hoping when Sylvester Stallone pulled out of Project Ex-traction, that he may appear as one f the five hitmen in this one?

36tripsofdeath
21 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Great news @36tripsofdeath.

I was hoping when Sylvester Stallone pulled out of Project Ex-traction, that he may appear as one f the five hitmen in this one?

Dragon Claws, I don't really know but I think Dwayne Johnson could be a potential bodyguard due to his long association with Sony Pictures but this is just a personal theory.

I read the translated page, and it mentioned the possibilty that Tony Chan will now be directing from a "re-written" script by Cat Kwan, Tony of course directed THE BRAVEST recently....I didn't see anything "sucky" about what was written not sure what he meant.

21 minutes ago, daman77 said:

I read the translated page, and it mentioned the possibilty that Tony Chan will now be directing from a "re-written" script by Cat Kwan, Tony of course directed THE BRAVEST recently....I didn't see anything "sucky" about what was written not sure what he meant.

Thank you @daman77, your translaton is much appreciated.

36tripsofdeath
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Why do you think it' going to suck now?, can anyone translate this French article for us?.

I was excited to see another article about new information concerning Five Against the Bullet. Then, I started reading the article and my hopes for this movie were crushed. Firstly, Cat Kwan completely rewrote the script. I thought Joe Carnahan's script would be the key to this film's success because not only was the script supposed to contain wild action but the idea that one of the bodyguards was a mole working for the enemy really intrigued me. A suspenseful action flick with a mystery surrounding the identity of the mole sounded great. Now, the script has been written again and it has went through too many hands. I think they are writing themselves into a conventional corner.

Secondly, there's little if any chance that Stallone or the Rock or any of the other big action stars will appear in this now, what with the current situation.

Thirdly, Jackie bought back the rights to the movie from most of those involved but Sony Pictures is still present. Normally, this would be a good thing but this was meant to be a quite different movie. Without these other voices speaking out, it gives an idea like this limited scope. Jackie will rely on what works and not push the envelope here.

The Foreigner was great because it was a truly collaborative effort that allowed Jackie to break new ground and show his abilities within the framework of great storytelling. Everyone worked together. Jackie helped them and they helped Jackie.

So, those are my reasons. I'm not asking you to agree and I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I thought it was going to suck 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Vanguard though. The teaser and featurette look fun and it looks like a good flick.

Bronzeman, totally cool you could NEVER offend someone with your opinion, even if someone doesn't agree.... You got some valid points, but I still think the movie will work because of the concept. , There's always the possibilty that some elements of the original script may still be there. And as for the action, hmmmm, it's Jackie and his stunt crew working in "THEIR" element, it doesn't get better then that. And yes, the framework of great storytelling with that action template is what will make the movie work better then your avg actioner...

20 hours ago, 36tripsofdeath said:

So, those are my reasons. I'm not asking you to agree and I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I thought it was going to suck 

You didn't offend me at all, I was just curiose to know what detials the French article revealed about the film.

20 hours ago, 36tripsofdeath said:

I was excited to see another article about new information concerning Five Against the Bullet. Then, I started reading the article and my hopes for this movie were crushed. Firstly, Cat Kwan completely rewrote the script. I thought Joe Carnahan's script would be the key to this film's success because not only was the script supposed to contain wild action but the idea that one of the bodyguards was a mole working for the enemy really intrigued me. A suspenseful action flick with a mystery surrounding the identity of the mole sounded great. Now, the script has been written again and it has went through too many hands. I think they are writing themselves into a conventional corner.

Secondly, there's little if any chance that Stallone or the Rock or any of the other big action stars will appear in this now, what with the current situation.

It's still early days yet, it would be great to see any number of actions stars in the movie. Nicholas Cage, Jason Statham, Alain Moussi, Wu Jing, Jean-Paul-Ly, Scott Adkins etc. That's before mention all the wealth of women currently carving a career in action cinema. Who you could add to the cast easily.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:15 PM, DragonClaws said:

When Sylvester Stallone dropped out of Project X, part of me hoped he might join the cast of this Five Against a Bullit.

Would I be getting my hopes too high, if I expected to see some of the actors pictured with director Joe Carnahan. In his up-coming movie Five Against A Bullet?.

Archived