Acts Of Vengeance (Formerly Stoic) (2017) Antonio Banderas, Karl Urban

DragonClaws

Antonio Banderas(Desperado, Expendables 3) is set to appear in the Issac Florentines directed actioner Stoic(2017). The film also stars Paz Vega(Kill The Messenger) and Karl Urban(Dredd, Pathfinder).

IMDB Plot Synopsis- A fast-talking lawyer transforms his body and takes a vow of silence, not to be broken until he finds out who killed his wife and daughter and has his revenge.

Antonio Banderas on set with fight choreographer Tim Man(Ninja: Shadow Of A Tear) and director Issac Floretine.

fbozsix.jpg?w=467&h=421

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's awesome that Isaac is actually going to be in the film as Antonio's martial arts teacher as well :)

What do people think of the first trialer posted above?, thought it would have prompted some discussion/opinion.

New poster for the movie.

8a99546e_p14540106_p_v8_aa.jpeg

It looks quite stellar and to have Karl Urban play a MMA fighter? With Tim Man choreographing and Isaac directing, I definitely will look forward to this.

10 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

With Tim Man choreographing and Isaac directing, I definitely will look forward to this.

Like with most trialers, the action clips were too fast to really judge just yet.

The combination of Tim Man choreogrpahing and Issac Floretine directing, should make for a winning team.

Since The Expendables 3, Banderas has really upped his game in terms of making action movies.

One Armed Boxer

I got through watching this one today.  It's always a risk when Florentine isn't partnered with Scott Adkins (just check any review for 'Assassin's Bullet'), but paired with Antonio Banderas he's at least delivered a competent revenge thriller.  I gave it the full review treatment here - 

http://cityonfire.com/acts-of-vengeance-2017-review-stoic-isaac-florentine-antonio-banderas/

Criminal that the U.K hasnt even got a Blu-Ray or DVD release of this one yet, hell I'd take a VHS release.

Thanks to Mike Fury, for the heads up on this video.

This movie is now up on Netflix U.K for those who have the serivce. Not supriseingly, like The Foriegner there's no DVD/Blu-Ray release in here yet. Look's like I'll resort to importing this movie too. It's a crime that this actioner hasnt been given a U.K release much sooner, its been out for over a year now elsewhere.

One Armed Boxer
58 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Someone has answered my prayers......

Another Isaac Florentine DTV movie that's had random helicopters inserted into its cover art?

16 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Another Isaac Florentine DTV movie that's had random helicopters inserted into its cover art?

I wonder if the amount of helicopters on the cover, is any indication of how the movies is?.

I'll be picking this up in May, for sure.

I'll have to watch this on Netflix for now, but for sure will pick up the DVD. For a DTV actioner, the fight scene posted above is definitely above average, which is no surprise given the talent involved. I love it when non martial arts stars like Banderas get to perform some good fistfights. I mean I like the Mariachi films, but there's just an over reliance on gunplay. Too much gunplay, unless you're John Woo, just makes me go completely blank and glaze over, too repetitive. 

Well I finally picked this up secondhand for £1 today, and it's much better than a DTV actioner of this type usually is. For starters, the story and characters, whilst a little cliched, are at least set up competently enough in the opening sequence for you to be able to care about them for the rest of the story, and there are even one turn that I didn't see coming. As for the action, not as fight heavy as I thought, but Banderas really impresses considering he (presumably?) isn't trained in martial arts and the final bout is satisfying with some nice locks and throws. That said I probably won't rewatch but that's not to say it isn't worth your time, I'd say it most definitely is.

Archived