This is My IFD/Filmark NINJA ADDICTION

ThunderScore

TheKungFuRobber

It seems that IFD are now remastering their whole catalogue. This is good news for me, because there are a few Korean titles they bought for distribution which I really want to own (Hard Bastard, Buddhist Fist and Tiger Claws and quite a few Dragon Lee titles). I have a few Umatic tape rips with the Korean versions of Hard Bastard and Buddhist Fist and Tiger Claws, so maybe soon I'll be able to make customs of those two movies and then there will be subtitled editions of all Hwang Jang Lee's movies where he's either the good guy or has a large part in the production.

The new restorations look glass. They've clearly put a lot of money into restoring their movies. I hope they release Ninja Terminator, but from the video it seems they have already done Ninja Operation 6 Champion on Fire AKA Ninja Avengers and Kickboxer the Champion, which are both worth a watch if just to see Richard Harrison exchanging words with some nutcase carrying a cross on his back from another movie (Fury in the Storm, 1974).

Edited by TheKungFuRobber
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2018 at 9:20 AM, TheKungFuRobber said:

The new restorations look glass. They've clearly put a lot of money into restoring their movies. I hope they release Ninja Terminator, but from the video it seems they have already done Ninja Operation 6 Champion on Fire AKA Ninja Avengers and Kickboxer the Champion, which are both worth a watch if just to see Richard Harrison exchanging words with some nutcase carrying a cross on his back from another movie (Fury in the Storm, 1974).

If someone will go to some length to restore these cut and paste flicks, then maybe there's hope for other studios such as Goldig/Cathay/Hong Hwa, getting the same treatment.

Though I know, these IFD films have a big cult following outside old school genre fans.

• Like 1

TheKungFuRobber
6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

If someone will go to some length to restore these cut and paste flicks, then maybe there's hope for other studios such as Goldig/Cathay/Hong Hwa, getting the same treatment.

Though I know, these IFD films have a big cult following outside old school genre fans.

Not all IFD movies were cut and paste flicks, they did finance a lot of good old school kung fu flicks and handled distribution for a lot of Korean bashers but they are kind of overshadowed by the stupid ninja movies. Check out The Dragon, The Hero, The Magnificent, Dragon's Snake Fist,  Secret Ninja Roaring Tiger and Invincible Obsessed Fighter. All classics in any case. I have the Asian Movie Restoration Society restored version of Invincible Obsessed Fighter and I'd consider it an essential movie for all fans of martial arts comedy, even if you're not too keen on Elton Chong (personally I like him though he's a good actor and martial artist, the Korean Jackie Chan of sorts). The Dragon, The Hero, The Magnificent and Secret Ninja (**co-production between Ho and Kim Si-Hyeon) are all directed by Godfrey Ho himself, and Dragon's Snakefist and Invincible Obsessed Fighter were distributed by IFD with Godfrey Ho taking credit as director despite him having nothing to do with the original production. I hope that these movies all get remastered too,

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Not all IFD movies were cut and paste flicks, they did finance a lot of good old school kung fu flicks and handled distribution for a lot of Korean bashers but they are kind of overshadowed by the stupid ninja movies. Check out The Dragon, The Hero, The Magnificent, Dragon's Snake Fist,  Secret Ninja Roaring Tiger and Invincible Obsessed Fighter. All classics in any case

Hi @TheKungFuRobber

Agreed, I've seen all those, and gave Invincible Obsessed Fighter a pretty positive review a few years back, The Dragon The Hero, is one my favorite old-schoolflicks. The Magnificent I was really disapointed with, when I reviewed for this forum. These films were always pretty easy and cheap to pick up, in the U.K, during the early days of DVD. My girlfriend came home the other day, with a copy of the IFD/Filmark Strike of The Thuderkick Tiger, from the local charity shop.

• Like 2