This is still CHANSPLOITATION

ThunderScore

I saw the movie Dragon in Fury with Dragon Sek a few weeks ago. Of course Dragon Sek is a Bruce clone but there is a Jackie clone in there, that i wasnt expecting. He had long black hair like Jackie in the 70s to mid 80s and was doing drunken monk style, then later he was wearing a yellow and black jacket like Jackie also. I dont know the actors name though

Edited by BiggWill1988
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2016 at 4:43 AM, DragonClaws said:

Golden_Dragon_Silver_Snake_dvdcover.jpg

I was trying to find a list of all the movies Johnnie Chan was in, I cant find him though, I have a feeling he wasnt that many movies though

kungfu03.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

kungfu03.jpg

A lot of kung fu movies in the 70s got "R" ratings, whether or not they really deserved it or not (compare WAY OF THE DRAGON to a PG film like BLOOD AND LACE). I wonder if this film would've gotten an "R" rating if the nudity hadn't been including.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

A lot of kung fu movies in the 70s got "R" ratings, whether or not they really deserved it or not (compare WAY OF THE DRAGON to a PG film like BLOOD AND LACE). I wonder if this film would've gotten an "R" rating if the nudity hadn't been including.

Black Samurai had two versions, an R-Rated released and a PG-13 print minus the nudity. Most Kung Fu movies were heavily edited and still given X-Rating in the U.K at the time. While most Martial Arts films of the era deserved a higher rating, many could have passed as PG's.

Re-edited version of Fantasy Mission Force using one of the ever popular 90's JC promo picture on the cover.

Fire_Dragon_Thinpack-cdcovers_cc-fr.jpg

• Like 1

Here's an oddity, a poster for The Chinese Stuntman starring Ho Chung Tao that uses Battle Creek Brawl poster artwork.

Is this Bruceploitation or Chanploitation?

Chinesestuntmanpost.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

Wow never saw that one before ^

Bruce Lee's name and Jackie Chan image on a poster for a movie that feature neither star. It fits perfectly with the many other misleading exploitation posters.

On 12/22/2016 at 1:45 AM, DragonClaws said:

Bruce Lee's name and Jackie Chan image on a poster for a movie that feature neither star. It fits perfectly with the many other misleading exploitation posters.

Is that the Big Brawl pose?, I have this poster in my room

PF2092.jpg

827561959_1_1000x700.jpg

Can someone tell me whats on this tape, Or point me to a link of whats on it. I actually just bought a copy of this on VHS, looks like some rare documentary?, After buying it brand new thought I was thinking I dont think Im going to open it up cause it looks rare. I only spent $1.40, I guess I couldve bought two copies, keep one sealed, keep one opened for that price, but I wasnt thinking that before I bought it

sm700373.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BiggWill1988 said:

Can someone tell me whats on this tape, Or point me to a link of whats on it. I actually just bought a copy of this on VHS, looks like some rare documentary?, After buying it brand new thought I was thinking I dont think Im going to open it up cause it looks rare. I only spent $1.40, I guess I couldve bought two copies, keep one sealed, keep one opened for that price, but I wasnt thinking that before I bought it

It might be a repackaged version of Jackie Chan The Kung Fu Years?.

51TMY9PX12L.jpg

Jackie-Chan-The-Kung-Fu-Years-Jackie-_1.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

Is that the Big Brawl pose?, I have this poster in my room

That's the one, it was used a lot for the movies promotional posters etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/22/2016 at 11:32 PM, DragonClaws said:

It might be a repackaged version of Jackie Chan The Kung Fu Years?.

51TMY9PX12L.jpg

Jackie-Chan-The-Kung-Fu-Years-Jackie-_1.

Ok thanks for the info, I think you may be right cause I saw another vhs tape called Jackie Chan Bloodpact with similiar artwork that looks like it was done possibly by the same artist and i dont know if this is true but i read Bloodpact was a repackage of 36 crazy fists

This is what the back cover of Jackie Chan Fights Back looks like

s-l1600.jpg

invincible_fighter_the_jackie_chan_story_vhs.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

Bloodpact was a repackage of 36 crazy fists

I think it might either that or its another re-titled version of Jackie Chan the Kung Fu years. Lo Wei really milked every last drop out of Jackie Chan. He released a few movies that were basically made up of re-edited footage from his work with Lo Wei.

$(KGrHqF,!lcFJ(+i8MLCBSb9Bbg2nw~~60_1.JP

$T2eC16V,!y0FI,!gdPzzBSb9BbYfyg~~60_1.JP

• Like 3

Wow yeah im looking this up now

On 12/24/2016 at 3:42 AM, DragonClaws said:

I think it might either that or its another re-titled version of Jackie Chan the Kung Fu years. Lo Wei really milked every last drop out of Jackie Chan. He released a few movies that were basically made up of re-edited footage from his work with Lo Wei.

Also do you know the name of the guy who did the covers for Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan Face to Face, Jackie Chan Fights Back, and Jackie Chan BloodPact, I see all three were put out by three different companies lol but the art work looks very similiar not sure if its the same artist or not. Also any other covers that look similiar to those three

• Like 2