This is still CHANSPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Cognoscente
On 9/8/2018 at 5:06 PM, TheKungFuRobber said:

image0016.jpg.a6e06450bb7657b40c8627100ac598e7.jpg

On 9/8/2018 at 11:50 PM, Killer Meteor said:

Christ, he looks so goofy and young there.

I wonder when Little Tiger from Canton was made in relation to the Da Di films. I know the Jackie autobio suggests 1971, but I think he looks a lot older in that then he does in Not Scared to Die.

Not Scared to Die looks like it was filmed way before Jackie was in Fist of Unicorn, which was filmed in the summer of '72.

Little Tiger from Canton looks like it was filmed in mid-to-late '73 if you compare his hair length to when he was working on Supermen Against the Orient. Perhaps LTFC being shelved forced Jackie to move to Australia since he wasn't getting paid all that much as a stuntman.

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 3

On 6/23/2021 at 12:10 PM, Cognoscente said:

Little Tiger from Canton looks like it was filmed in mid-to-late '73 if you compare his hair length to when he was working on Supermen Against the Orient. Perhaps LTFC being shelved forced Jackie to move to Australia since he wasn't getting paid all that much as a stuntman.

Wasn't this supposed to have been made in 1971?.

Currently re-watching The 36 Crazy Fists, which is credited as 36 Angry Fists on the bootleg DVD menu. When you play the movie, the title Jackie Chan in 36 Crazy Fist comes up. How many DVD's contain three different titles for the same film?. The HKMDB have this down as being made in 1979?, but it looks much earlier to me.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 4:19 AM, DragonClaws said:

Wasn't this supposed to have been made in 1971?

Yes, that's correct.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:19 AM, DragonClaws said:

Currently re-watching The 36 Crazy Fists, which is credited as 36 Angry Fists on the bootleg DVD menu. When you play the movie, the title Jackie Chan in 36 Crazy Fist comes up. How many DVD's contain three different titles for the same film?. The HKMDB have this down as being made in 1979?, but it looks much earlier to me.

Released in 1977, not sure how much earlier it was filmed.

• Like 2

Another re-titling of Lo Wie/Jackie Chans compilation films?. Also can anyone confirm if  Marvelous Fists (1982)?, is a cut and splice movie?.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81auk52i2NL._SL1421_.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Another re-titling of Lo Wie/Jackie Chans compilation films?.

Amazon review:

"I recomend this video to all the Jackie chan fans who likes to watch his traditional kung fu. This video is packed with action (and only action) from all the old jackie chan movies. It has all the major fighting and training sequences from movies like Snake and crane arts of shaolin, Fearless heyna, Shaolin woodden men, spiritual kung fu, Dragon lord, etc.. Very good Kung fu forms. A must have jackie chan collection!!!"

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 8:06 PM, DragonClaws said:

Thanks to @massa_yoda, for making me aware of the following up-coming Chansploitation Box-Set.

source- https://goldninjavideo.com/27-jackiesploitation/

Blu-ray: Jackiesploitation - A Treasury of Jackie Chan Inspired Rip-Offs and Copy Cats

What a super nicely curated set that is! Received it recently, I just had to import this to Germany, even gladly paid some additional import taxes for it. I also love the video essays, I didn't know the two guys before but they clearly are super fans of these kind of movies and have a lot of historical knowledge about previous releases by the shabby companies.

IMG_20220410_185128.jpg

• Like 2