This is still CHANSPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Is Jackie Cheng, another Jckie Chan clone?.

(Image currently not available)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Killer Meteor
1 minute ago, Killer Meteor said:

TheHero+1972-24-b.jpg

Although the artwork suggests this is indeed a re-title of Little Mad Guy, starring Ng Ming Tsai (who is Jackie's classmate from Yu Jim Yuen's school), the subsequent DVD, despite promoting Ng and Yang, is in fact Wang Yu's 1972 basher The Hero!

TheHero+1972-23-b.jpg

• Like 1

TheKungFuRobber

Yeah, Eagle's Shadow Fist (Not Scared To Die) was hard to watch for me. It's gritty, gloomy and just genuinely horrible in every single way. Image result for eagle's shadow fist 1973

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

Christ, he looks so goofy and young there.

I wonder when Little Tiger from Canton was made in relation to the Da Di films. I know the Jackie autobio suggests 1971, but I think he looks a lot older in that then he does in Not Scared to Die.

• Like 2

TheKungFuRobber
2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Christ, he looks so goofy and young there.

I wonder when Little Tiger from Canton was made in relation to the Da Di films. I know the Jackie autobio suggests 1971, but I think he looks a lot older in that then he does in Not Scared to Die.

He was adorable in Little Tiger of Canton. :) I got the German Blu Ray of the 1979 edit with the extra Yuen Siu-Tien and Kwan Young Moon subplot. Looks great, aside from the heavy DNR.

I sometimes wonder if the film was never released at all until 1979, and the version that Rarescope released was a workprint. The same studio (Soon Lee Film Co HK) is credited on both versions.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor

There is no record of either version playing in Hong Kong. The subtitles on the Rarescope print suggest it got released somewhere. The re-edit was released in US theaters as Snake Fist Fighter.

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 2

TheKungFuRobber
Just now, Killer Meteor said:

There is no record of either version playing in Hong Kong. The subtitles on the Rarescope print suggest it got released somewhere. The re-edit was released in US theaters as Snake Fight Fighter.

Well when you consider that both the Rarescope print and the 1979 print are in Mandarin, and the film is owned by Golden Sun films of Hong Kong, it is most likely that the film is probably a Taiwanese production (although much was clearly filmed in Hong Kong).

An English dubbed export version was also created by Soon Lee films, which had a new end fight shot for the film and trimmed down much of the Dominos scene with Dean Shek. This was the version shown to UK audiencies in 1979, and has the typical Aussie voice dubbing common for HK films at the time. It is available on the German DVD as an extra.

The distribution rights were acquired by Dick Randall who had a completely new comical English dub created for the film (despite there already being one) and the film was released through 21st Century Distribution in the US as "Snake Fist Fighter". This is the most popular version of the film, and the silly dubbing makes the Yuen Siu Tien character come across as a pedophile.

Rarescope Print (possibly unreleased workprint)

vlcsnap-2018-09-09-02h25m11s462.png

1979 Official Release and original export version

vlcsnap-2018-09-09-02h24m41s905.png

1981 Dick Randall US Released version

vlcsnap-2018-09-09-02h30m34s166.png

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

I think the original is a Hong Kong movie, Mandarin being the standard at the time.

I think the daylight ending for the re-release would have been part of the original cut (though it doesn't seem to have had a Cantonese version) and the night-time ending was a re-shoot - why they bothered, I don't know.

• Like 2

@Killer Meteor & @TheKungFuRobber , according to Jackie Chan first English language Biography. He got the role in Little Tiger From Canton, because one of his fellow Opera School students, was working for the company who produced the movie. A female student, who name now escapes me.

Chansploitation meets Bruceploitation.

91MdEEFemuL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

TheKungFuRobber
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

@Killer Meteor & @TheKungFuRobber , according to Jackie Chan first English language Biography. He got the role in Little Tiger From Canton, because one of his fellow Opera School students, was working for the company who produced the movie. A female student, who name now escapes me.

Chansploitation meets Bruceploitation.

91MdEEFemuL._SL1500_.jpg

I've got that set, and every single movie other than Master with Cracked Fingers is censored. It's only worth picking up because Master with Cracked Fingers print is Widescreen (but only 1.78:1) and has the Dick Randall English dubbed version. Then again, my custom DVD has that version but in 2.35:1 with footage taken from the remastered print from Golden Sun and an old letterbox German print.

I sell anyone digital copies of it it if interested (no self promotion intended). PM me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I've got that set, and every single movie other than Master with Cracked Fingers is censored. It's only worth picking up because Master with Cracked Fingers print is Widescreen (but only 1.78:1) and has the Dick Randall English dubbed version. Then again, my custom DVD has that version but in 2.35:1 with footage taken from the remastered print from Golden Sun and an old letterbox German print.

Rumble in H.K is UNCUT too, at least the British censors didnt trim it. They just ported the old heavily censored print of FOF2 from the old U.K VHS release. They even re-used the old censored art-work, too. BLTMTM has nunchaku restored to the poster image, but the brief nunchkauku scene was still, but it got off lightly, in camparison to FOF 2, which suffered mutliple violence/animal cruelty cuts.

Edited by DragonClaws

Killer Meteor

I picked up the UK vhs of Fist of Fury II in 2003 from Music Zone, and despite the BBFC logo and the censorded cover, the movie on the tape was fully uncut!

I think Rumble in Hong Kong is a shorter version of Police Woman, it's about 75min on my tape. I have an uncut version called Young Tiger, where the synopsis on the back a) says Jackie is playing a character called Bruce Li and b) gives the plot of Not Scared To Die!

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 2

Killer Meteor
5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

91MdEEFemuL._SL1500_.jpg

I think Jackie's co-star in Police Woman, Yuen Qiu, was from the same school. I used to assume the lead actress in Cub Tiger, Shu Pei-pei, was the student in question, but to be fair, Jackie's autobio is almost a work of fiction

• Like 2

TheKungFuRobber
3 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I think Jackie's co-star in Police Woman, Yuen Qiu, was from the same school. I used to assume the lead actress in Cub Tiger, Shu Pei-pei, was the student in question, but to be fair, Jackie's autobio is almost a work of fiction

Yeah, she was the big mean bitch in Kung Fu Hustle.

• Like 1

Bruces Ninja Secret(1988), is a film that splices fotage from Bruce & The Shaolin Bronzemen(1982), with Bruces Deadly Fingers(1976).

With one of the actors credited as Jackie Cheng.

19622829_1951375908474918_73710861210836

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

"Sensational Terror"? Sheesh! Love it!

I have to laugh at the fact, there promoting Chans first starring role in Master With Cracked Fingers, only to say Fist of Anger(Eagle Shadow Fist) was his his first major role, on the exact same poster.

MWCF was also doing the rounds in the early 80's, as Snake Fist Fighter, imagine getting suckered into seeing this one twice on the big screen?.

• Like 1

Korean poster, for Master with Cracked Finger's, anyone know what year it was released there?.

JC167.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1