This is still CHANSPLOITATION

ThunderScore

TheKungFuRobber

I have a HD print of Jackie and Bruce to the Rescue. One of these days I'll subtitle it if there is a demand for it. It's uncut and has good picture quality, but I don't know how many people want to see it. It's not that great a movie, despite having Kim Tai Chung as the main star (Korean dude from Tower of Death).

• Like 3

DragonClaws
11 minutes ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I have a HD print of Jackie and Bruce to the Rescue. One of these days I'll subtitle it if there is a demand for it. It's uncut and has good picture quality, but I don't know how many people want to see it. It's not that great a movie, despite having Kim Tai Chung as the main star (Korean dude from Tower of Death).

Nice to hear that there could be a HD release, but it's not a film I'd be quick to re-watch anytime soon.

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Jimmy Wang Yu adorns the VHS cover, for this German Fearless Hyena VHS release.

swZiqqupiZDlKuoemeRuaPiwe79.jpg

Not the most flattering picture of Jimmy, looks like he's eaten something bad!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
17 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Not the most flattering picture of Jimmy, looks like he's eaten something bad!

Yeah, the catering van cannot have been too good, on the set of Killer Metoers.

20 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Jimmy Wang Yu adorns the VHS cover, for this German Fearless Hyena VHS release.

swZiqqupiZDlKuoemeRuaPiwe79.jpg

This cover is hilarious because it literally just looks like a cut and paste job.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
13 minutes ago, Asmo said:

This cover is hilarious because it literally just looks like a cut and paste job.

They have taken an old U.K VHS cover, and pasted the Jimmy Wang Yu image across it, covering the word Collection just under Chan's name. Then just added the German title at the top.

TibetanWhiteCrane

You would be right.

And that's not nitpicking, that's educating.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, TheKungFuRobber said:

This is a Korean movie, so just curious, is the HD print you have in its original Korean language?  If it's dubbed into Mandarin, then I'd say there's little value in subtitling it.

TheKungFuRobber
4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

This is a Korean movie, so just curious, is the HD print you have in its original Korean language?  If it's dubbed into Mandarin, then I'd say there's little value in subtitling it.

Well, it was filmed in Korea but produced by a Hong Kong company, Lucky Star HK film Co, so I think that the Mandarin version is probably what it was presented in originally. Many Korean produced films, especially the Dragon Lee ones never even saw a Korean home media release, and were only distributed on home media in HK and overseas.

Edited by TheKungFuRobber
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Many Korean produced films, especially the Dragon Lee ones never even saw a Korean release, and were only shown in HK and overseas.

I'm not sure where you got that information from, as it's incorrect.  However regarding 'Jackie and Bruce to the Rescue', I think @Fansfilms may be able to weigh in on that one.

• Like 1

TheKungFuRobber
24 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I'm not sure where you got that information from, as it's incorrect.  However regarding 'Jackie and Bruce to the Rescue', I think @Fansfilms may be able to weigh in on that one.

Ditto: I know I am right about Jackie and Bruce to the Rescue being a Mandarin film, but when I said that these Korean flicks were unreleased, I meant that they lack home media releases. I corrected my mistake.

• Like 1

Fansfilms
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I know that Bruce and Jackie is at least a coproduction. But yeah, it may only have been shot in Mandarin and got a subtitled release for Korean theaters.

Also, @TheKungFuRobber is right, most of the Dragon Lee films didn't get a Korean video release, except for his later mafia stuff.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
On 5/3/2018 at 8:24 AM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

That's not German, I think it's Hungarian. *Nitpicker mode off*

Thanks for that, I have no problem with people politely pointing out errors at all.

Though some people online, use it as an excuse just to be nasty/negative towards someone.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Killer Meteor

So...is that meant to be The Young Master, Fearless Hyena or Shaolin Invincible Sticks?

• Like 2

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I can't tell which film that is!

Following Chan's departure from Lo Wei's movie compnay, the director cobbled together a few films. Mainly using fight footage put together from his older films, and then went about re-titling them. He also put Half A Loaf of Kung Fu out, which he had shelved, becuase he deemed it too poor to release back in 78. Cant recall all the name of these re-cedits, Jackie Chan the Kung Fu Year's documentary, I think was sourced from one of these compilations of old Chan footage?. The Essential JC Sourcebook, went into detail, about many of these release, but not all, due to the headache giving nature of the a.k.a's etc.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
28 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

The Young Master still looks like a rehersal shot.

Yeah thye've stuck two Young Master BTS images on the poster randomly, one with Chan rehearsing with Shih Kien's stunt double.