This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Super Ninja
7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

yeah, that is mighty steep. I want to see the actual pricing from Severin before I panic. I guess they can justify it by saying it's a 10 disc set, so it only comes out to 15 per blu ray. :sweating

On the other hand, if it's a set with 10 restored films, it's a release I would definitely support. I appreciate Worth's commitment to these films and I'd like to help him keep doing what he's doing. The fact those are Bruceploitation films we're talking about here makes pretty much zero difference to me. I honestly enjoy fu (even bad) more than majority of Golden Globe/Academy Award winners.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super Ninja said:

On the other hand, if it's a set with 10 restored films, it's a release I would definitely support. I appreciate Worth's commitment to these films and I'd like to help him keep doing what he's doing. The fact those are Bruceploitation films we're talking about here makes pretty much zero difference to me. I honestly enjoy fu (even bad) more than majority of Golden Globe/Academy Award winners.

True. Been waiting forever for this & the documentary. And who am I kidding? I'll end up buying this set day 1 it's up for preorder. :evilgrin

Now if only us backers can ever get MW to deliver that crowdfunded poster book then it'll be all good.:cool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
3 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Those faces look like what type of haircut would you like? Hmmmm I'll go for the Bruce Li. Nice and smart.

Ron for me..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got absolutely no time for MW after stiffing us fans with the poster book. not far off 5 years now.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

29 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Got absolutely no time for MW after stiffing us fans with the poster book. not far off 5 years now.

I would actually have no issue with it if he just came out & admitted he effed up and didn't realize the book would cost him so much out of pocket but to keep the charade going this long does leave a bad taste in my mouth as does deleting the comments on his FB inquiring about it.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
10 hours ago, saltysam said:

5 years!! Basically he robbed us.

My good mate is/done worked on it to complete it. It will be released soon..they *MW and co* want to market it with the Clones release. 

• Like 2

Josh Baker

Does anyone know what Bruceploitation films Bruce Lee actually appears in? 

I already know of two, Fist of Unicorn, and Kung Fu Fever with Dragon Lee (the press conference footage.)
Anyone know of any others? 

5 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

I already know of two, Fist of Unicorn, and Kung Fu Fever with Dragon Lee (the press conference footage.)

There's the ultimate Bruceploitation flick, Game of Death. But I recall Fist of Fear, Touch of Death also used Bruce Lee footage from his film, The Thunderstorm.

• Like 1

The opening of Bruces Deadly Fingers featured footage from Way Of The Dragon but it's missing on the USA blu, it is on the German release.

ChillyChong

While I like Bruceploitation that price will be too much for me. However if it includes The Dragon The Hero have to give it serious thought when box eventually will be available at wowhd.

Killer Meteor
14 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

True Game of Death - Press conference and some Way footage.

Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger - Funeral footage

Game of Death II - footage from childhood films and funeral

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - footage from Big Boss and Way of the Dragon.

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 1

Shaolin Dragon

Nice video! Jack Lee  (李傑克) is really one of those actors that make me curious to know more. Did he do any films in Hong Kong before coming to the Philippines? And was there any real Bruce Lee connection? 
:BL-Serious:

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

Karate contra Mafia - Dir. Ramón Saldías [1980] (Spain)

Just a hilariously bad 'Bruceploiation' flick and I use that term loosely as the main protagonist does use some classic tropes like the nose swipe and some similar poses. I guess this can be categorized more in the 'yellow face' genre as the hero of the film is a Spanish actor made to look Asian with the crude technique of using tape to slant his eyes, the director filmed the entire movie in the Canary Islands but passed it off as if it was Hong Kong and it's filled with Asian extras who the director found locally among the small Asian community. The problem was there wasn't enough Asians to fill the cast, so the director hired local judo students to play the thugs (having them wear ski masks to disguise their faces) who work for the "organisation" involved in a diamond smuggling scheme.

As you can imagine the acting is wooden & uniformly terrible but the action/martial arts choreography is even worse. One moment the lead, Lin Chao is talking to someone than the next he's outside fighting these masked thugs without rhyme or reason. The kicks and punches are repetitive and they miss by a country mile but the baddies still act is they got hit flush. The director attempted to mix things up by using POV camera shots and shooting from below to offer a different perspective to the action but it just made it look even worse. This really was an unintentional martial arts comedy as it was played straight but I couldn't help bust out laughing during most of the film.

Very little in the way of violence depicted onscreen but there was some brief nudity. It was during a sex scene between Lin Chao and a prostitute at a brothel but the hooker looked to be double his age and could've passed for his mother?! I guess Lin Chao is into mature ladies but damn, the director couldn't find a more attractive actress to play the prostitute? So even the sex scene was hilariously awful. I'd like to get @sifu iron perm thoughts on this movie? Wonder if he enjoyed it lol

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Karate contra Mafia - Dir. Ramón Saldías [1980] (Spain)

Just a hilariously bad 'Bruceploiation' flick and I use that term loosely as the main protagonist does use some classic tropes like the nose swipe and some similar poses. I guess this can be categorized more in the 'yellow face' genre as the hero of the film is a Spanish actor made to look Asian with the crude technique of using tape to slant his eyes, the director filmed the entire movie in the Canary Islands but passed it off as if it was Hong Kong and it's filled with Asian extras who the director found locally among the small Asian community. The problem was there wasn't enough Asians to fill the cast, so the director hired local judo students to play the thugs (having them wear ski masks to disguise their faces) who work for the "organisation" involved in a diamond smuggling scheme.

As you can imagine the acting is wooden & uniformly terrible but the action/martial arts choreography is even worse. One moment the lead, Lin Chao is talking to someone than the next he's outside fighting these masked thugs without rhyme or reason. The kicks and punches are repetitive and they miss by a country mile but the baddies still act is they got hit flush. The director attempted to mix things up by using POV camera shots and shooting from below to offer a different perspective to the action but it just made it look even worse. This really was an unintentional martial arts comedy as it was played straight but I couldn't help bust out laughing during most of the film.

Very little in the way of violence depicted onscreen but there was some brief nudity. It was during a sex scene between Lin Chao and a prostitute at a brothel but the hooker looked to be double his age and could've passed for his mother?! I guess Lin Chao is into mature ladies but damn, the director couldn't find a more attractive actress to play the prostitute? So even the sex scene was hilariously awful. I'd like to get @sifu iron perm thoughts on this movie? Wonder if he enjoyed it lol

I will be watching this tonight good man, and will definitely add my thoughts and reactions upon this thread. 

= )

• Like 2

sifu iron perm

@Yihetuan Contra karate was ridiculously Basura aka Trash central. I laughed so hard in places I wept..that's a pretty good feeling but also could look like a mad man.

Thank you for breaking down the background information which makes it more wicked! 

• Haha 2

Yihetuan

Josh Samford of VCinema podcast fame (along with Coffin Jon & Dr. Stan Glick) & This Week in Sleaze has finally released his Bruceploitation Video Essay.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

saltysam

nope never ordered the book. Is this a Severin website exclusive ? I'll be honest,still not sure if i'll get it, if it's mostly Bruce Le and Dragon Lee movies i'll be disappointed.