This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

DragonClaws

At 1-Hour 5-Minutes, was this Bruceploitation movie shortened for the Engliah speaking & other international markets?. If this low key flick can look this good, there's still hope for some of the better 70's/80's Martial Art flicks.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
41 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

At 1-Hour 5-Minutes, was this Bruceploitation movie shortened for the Engliah speaking & other international markets?. If this low key flick can look this good, there's still hope for some of the better 70's/80's Martial Art flicks.

Could be it was shortened for the purpose of uploading to this channel, wouldn't be the first time. 

• Like 1

saltysam
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

My english version copy runs 83 minutes. Quality nowhere near as good as this though, looks like a rip from a chinese streaming channel.

• Like 1

This 1973 film, Lightning of Bruce Lee, may be the first Brucesploitation film in the sense that the original English title mentions "Bruce Lee," despite the movie being a generic basher. Compare with Dare You Touch Me (1974) and The Angry Tiger (1973), which gained Brucesploitation titles--Bruce Takes Dragon Town and Spirits of Bruce Lee, respectively--years later when they were released Stateside.

image.thumb.png.54b096b13dd32eb869e23b929d13e034.png

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
On 1/9/2024 at 4:40 PM, saltysam said:

My english version copy runs 83 minutes. Quality nowhere near as good as this though, looks like a rip from a chinese streaming channel.

There's a version on TUBI that runs 73 minutes. Looks like it's the same rip but without the subtitles.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:48 AM, Yihetuan said:

There's a crowdfund campaign to bring Cameroon Connection, Black Ninja aka Ninja: Silent Assassin and Karate vs Mafia to blu ray. It's over 100% funded.

The restoration is being done by Vinegar Syndrome on two of the titles, so it's definitely possible that VS releases them as well.

Screenshot_2023-09-09 Les improbables de Nanarland Black Ninja, Cameroon Connection, Karate vs Mafia par Pulse Vidéo.png

3c06e446-8d82-43a4-b4e1-5a646f35957a.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-09 Les improbables de Nanarland Black Ninja, Cameroon Connection, Karate vs Mafia par Pulse Vidéo(1).png

Just received notification from Pulse Video that they received the blu rays for Karate vs Mafia back from the replicators and they'll receive the slipcovers next week and will commence shipping next week for all those who supported this crowdfund. Of course, you can also just buy this title from Pulse Video's website.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

I saw BLIND FIST OF BRUCE today. Fairly routine kung fu comedy, Bruce Li looks quite out of place in this one and ill-at-ease. Yuen Siu-tien is great though.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

On 1/20/2024 at 9:17 PM, DrNgor said:

This 1973 film, Lightning of Bruce Lee, may be the first Brucesploitation film in the sense that the original English title mentions "Bruce Lee," despite the movie being a generic basher.

It might be, or it's possible the film had a different title?. After Lee's death, some older films were re-issued under new titles, that connected them to Bruce Lee or his films in some way. I recall Micheal Worth saying the Bruceploitation films started while he was still alive. Fist of Unicorn often cited as one of the earliest examples.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

It might be, or it's possible the film had a different title?. After Lee's death, some older films were re-issued under new titles, that connected them to Bruce Lee or his films in some way. I recall Micheal Worth saying the Bruceploitation films started while he was still alive. Fist of Unicorn often cited as one of the earliest examples.

The HKMDB makes no mention of alternate titles. The Taiwanese poster suggests that was the original title.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
35 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

The HKMDB makes no mention of alternate titles. The Taiwanese poster suggests that was the original title.

That's what I thought too.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
On 2/8/2024 at 1:46 PM, DrNgor said:

Good point, note the even the HKMDB.Com doesnt always list every a.k.a or credit all actors with everything they did on a film. Its a great site with a lot of solid infomration, its by no means a knock on them. They list a lot of Bolo Yeungs Japanese movie appearances, all bar one, Za Karate (1974). G-Men isnt even listed on there either.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

sifu iron perm

Hey some interesting news regarding the Severin Bruce Clones box set..hopefully soon in coming month's? 

This is from Rick Baker's soon to be released hardback zine (Eastern Hetoes) . A chance to win the Clones set!??? 

@Yihetuan fingers crossed bro..

Screenshot_20240216_005236_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Hey some interesting news regarding the Severin Bruce Clones box set..hopefully soon in coming month's? 

This is from Rick Baker's soon to be released hardback zine (Eastern Hetoes) . A chance to win the Clones set!??? 

I noticed if you buy this hardback or the softcover, you'll get a 5% off discount code for the forthcoming Severin set or the Enter the Clones doc. Ricky mentions the set contains 10 restored Bruceploitation films, collectible goodies and a booklet. Those cutout "mirror faces" of Bruce Li and Le is hilarious. :laugh

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 17-02-49 Hong Kong Cinema Collectors Club Facebook.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

sifu iron perm
6 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I noticed if you buy this hardback or the softcover, you'll get a 5% off discount code for the forthcoming Severin set or the Enter the Clones doc. Ricky mentions the set contains 10 restored Bruceploitation films, collectible goodies and a booklet. Those cutout "mirror faces" of Bruce Li and Le is hilarious. :laugh

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 17-02-49 Hong Kong Cinema Collectors Club Facebook.png

Anything to get a buck or twenty from the fans..

Kungfufansploitation

• Like 1

Just now, sifu iron perm said:

Anything to get a buck or twenty from the fans..

Kungfufansploitation

Ricky knows who his audience is and how to pander to them.

• Like 2

Super Ninja

One of five? 150£ each!? This is the first time something that made me happy got me worried at the same time.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

One of five? 150£ each!? This is the first time something that made me happy got me worried at the same time.

yeah, that is mighty steep. I want to see the actual pricing from Severin before I panic. I guess they can justify it by saying it's a 10 disc set, so it only comes out to 15 per blu ray. :sweating

• Like 1

shukocarl1441996347

There are probably 2 or 3 titles I'd actually want on blu and the rest not. They probably wont be released as singles either:envy

18 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Severin won't sell many if they price too high.Bruceploitation is a fairly niche market.

I'll have to wait for a sale, don't think I would be able to preorder at that SRP but then again I don't want these to sell out given their limited number.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
15 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Those faces look like what type of haircut would you like? Hmmmm I'll go for the Bruce Li. Nice and smart.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Those faces look like what type of haircut would you like? Hmmmm I'll go for the Bruce Li. Nice and smart.

The best hair ever from that era was Michael Chan Wai-man, it was like a bowl cut but just weird looking.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
34 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

The best hair ever from that era was Michael Chan Wai-man, it was like a bowl cut but just weird looking.

MV5BODM4YmM5NzAtNjBhMi00OWM5LWE1N2ItYjdj

You weren't kidding! :P

• Love 1

Will wait to see the line up of titles, tbh I've been rewatching some Bruce Le and Dragon Lee films recently and they aren't holding up well. Of course if Dragon Lives Again is in there it becomes an instant buy.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

38 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

MV5BODM4YmM5NzAtNjBhMi00OWM5LWE1N2ItYjdj

You weren't kidding! :P

Guess shaggy bowl cut would be a more apt description. He was definitely ahead of his time. He portended the Edgar & emo/skater cut 30 years in advance! Michael should've just went all in on the mullet though.