This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Killer Meteor
On 6/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, DrNgor said:

I would personally pronounce Ly, Le and Li as "Lee".

Lei would be pronounced "Lay."

Lai would be pronounced "Lye".

Ly and Le are common surnames in Vietnamese, and although the accepted Western pronunciation of both is "Lee", "Ly" is technically pronounced "Lee" and "Le" is closer to "Leh".

Some of the English language HK newspapers referred to Bruce Lee as Bruce Li.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
On 6/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, DrNgor said:

I would personally pronounce Ly, Le and Li as "Lee".

Lei would be pronounced "Lay."

Lai would be pronounced "Lye".

Ly and Le are common surnames in Vietnamese, and although the accepted Western pronunciation of both is "Lee", "Ly" is technically pronounced "Lee" and "Le" is closer to "Leh".

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, Yihetuan said:

Anyone else kinda suspicious that no one has seen or posted any pics of the so called Ultimate Poster Book that MW was supposedly hawking at the Tribeca Film Festival? Someone would've grabbed a quick pic or MW himself would've shown off a copy on social media right?

Here's an update from the man himself. I'm glad he mentioned that cover is not final because that cover is an atrocious looking wannabe Andy Warhol pop art monstrosity.

Screenshot_2023-07-20 Facebook.png

360156152_761915432602057_4941861123771288613_n.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Coliseum1972
On 7/9/2023 at 11:13 AM, Killer Meteor said:

which alleged ticked him off

I suspect he wouldve been annoyed with movie flyers referring to kung fu as being karate

"Bruce Lee , karatestar" etc

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I watched Bruce Lee in New Guinea and it was odd but strangely watchable..................

I still think Bruce Li is the best BL clone.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I mean...I love the idea of this but arent they a bit too old? Plus Ho Chung Tao and Angela haven't acted on camera since like 1983? I love this in concept but I'm not sure yet.

25 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I doubt he's even asked them yet 😄

Oh yeah doesnt MW have a bad reputation around these parts? I haven't been paying that much attention to the coffee book saga, tbh I didn't even really know who MW was until I started listening to the Clones Cast.

Yesterday I caught a HD screening of Game of Death 2, on one of the Sky HD channels here in the U.K. I only caught the last forty minutes, but the print looked great. It was a version Id never seen before, Enlgish dubbed. The end credits were just like the Hong Kong opening credits for Game of Death (1978), with English credits and a different score. Also, in two scene a small circle appeared on screen, featuring flashbacks to Billy Lo character giving advice to Bobby Lo. This occured during the finale fight with Hwang Jang-Lee, and the scene with the blond lady. This was followed by a Bruce Lee double bill of WOTD & FOF, making it an odd triple bill.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Yesterday I caught a HD screening of Game of Death 2, on one of the Sky HD channels here in the U.K. I only caught the last forty minutes, but the print looked great. It was a version Id never seen before, Enlgish dubbed. The end credits were just like the Hong Kong opening credits for Game of Death (1978), with English credits and a different score. Also, in two scene a small circle appeared on screen, featuring flashbacks to Billy Lo character giving advice to Bobby Lo. This occured during the finale fight with Hwang Jang-Lee, and the scene with the blond lady. This was followed by a Bruce Lee double bill of WOTD & FOF, making it an odd triple bill.

I recall flashbacks in the scene with the blonde lady, but can't recall any in the finale fight on the DVD I had.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

I recall flashbacks in the scene with the blonde lady, but can't recall any in the finale fight on the DVD I had.

The version released by Hong Kong Legends was different my VHS copy, unless my memories letting me down. Their version didnt have any end credits, like the old Rank VHS print I have. It had one flashback in the final fight at the exact same moment, only it was presented different. The shot of Bruce Lee with the voiceover was full screen, rather then presented as a small pop up circle framing the same Enter the Dragon footage. However, the U.K VHS version didnt feature any flashbacks during the scene with the blond lady of the night character.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm

The Bruce Clones documentary earlier today was excellent!

From start to finish this was a treat! Great interviews all round.

The French produced film starring Bruce Le? What is the title? They played  some great clips from it.. 

• Like 2

I was there too and I loved it- may have unknowingly bumped into you haha 

The French film is Bruce Strikes Back, one of my favourites

• Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
11 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

I was there too and I loved it- may have unknowingly bumped into you haha 

The French film is Bruce Strikes Back, one of my favourites

Maybe we did? 

I'm in the middle 😆 

IMG_20230827_160501_870.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Maybe we did? 

I'm in the middle 😆 

IMG_20230827_160501_870.jpg

Green Inosanto, Ji Han-Beer and Kareem Tall as fuck-Jabbar (his t-shirt is the right colour too!). :P

Who you trying to shoot!? :o

Or was it the wink and the gun.....

R4EBkl.gif

Cool pic. Looks like fun. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sifu iron perm
12 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Green Inosanto, Ji Han-Beer and Kareem Tall as fuck-Jabbar (his t-shirt is the right colour too!). :P

Who you trying to shoot!? :o

Or was it the wink and the gun.....

R4EBkl.gif

Cool pic. Looks like fun. :)

The wink and the invisible pistol! 😆 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1