This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Josh Baker
39 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Update for @Yihetuan & others.

The book is coming along but he's (Michael Worth) got more posters to be added and also may include a lobby card section as well now. 

Wait a little bit longer with more goodies. 

Yeah apparently Michael Worth was holding out for a Bruce Le interview, he said so in the most recent Clones Cast.

• Like 2

The book is coming along? Where have i heard that before. Is it nearly 4 years since this was paid for now?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Update for @Yihetuan & others.

The book is coming along but he's (Michael Worth) got more posters to be added and also may include a lobby card section as well now. 

Wait a little bit longer with more goodies. 

Thanks @sifu iron perm for the update. There has been an update on the campaign page as well. After numerous false starts and empty promises, let's hope this is the end to a long ordeal.

Screenshot_2023-05-24 Ultimate Art Book of Bruceploitation Movie Posters.png

Screenshot_2023-05-24 Ultimate Art Book of Bruceploitation Movie Posters(1).png

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

Yeah apparently Michael Worth was holding out for a Bruce Le interview, he said so in the most recent Clones Cast.

Not sure what that has to do with the poster book? That affected his documentary but a Bruce Le interview wouldn't be relevant to this crowdfund book. He also mentioned in the podcast that the rising costs really threw him for a loop, I think that's the real reason for the delay as he was debating whether to continue with this project or not as he would have to bear some of the costs out of pocket.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Am i understanding the update correct, they'll be flogging copies at Tribeca film Festival ahead of peeps finally getting their copies after years of waiting :wondering

• Like 1

bruceleeclones

It’s arrived! Bruceploitation, the brand-new poster magazine, is now in stock and ready to be yours. Hurry and grab your copy today as this is a limited edition release, and they won't last long.

Each magazine is A4 sized and unfolds into two stunning posters, making it a double treat for all fans. In this first issue, we delve into Bruce Lee – True Story, internationally known as Bruce Lee the Man the Myth. Discover exclusive production insights and behind-the-scenes information. Other features also include an exclusive conversation with leading star, Ho Chung-Dao (aka Bruce Li). Don't miss out! Send me a message right away to secure your copy today!

Priced at £22.99 with free shipping within the UK. For our international readers, worldwide shipping is available at an additional cost. To make a purchase, message me and simply choose between convenient payment options: Bank transfer or Paypal. Please note that a 10% fee applies for Paypal transactions.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

2.jpg

Edited by bruceleeclones
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Shaolin Dragon

New Bruceploitation movie and actor found! 

Some of you might already know this but for me this was something unknown and fun to stumble across.:D

IMG_3592.jpeg.9ca80add78fe49cd225c23e56f91fc62.jpeg

The actors name is Thomas Lee and he was active in Bollywood in the 80s.

The movie he plays Bruce Lee in is called Morchha from 1980.

IMG_3593.jpeg.5c81681f1e2e569d3550ea597da8b71b.jpeg

IMG_3590.jpeg.9bbc53227988e5c12f3d70fa1f8e99a8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
On 6/5/2023 at 12:26 PM, Cheer You On said:

s-l1600.png

Interesting artwork by Chris Achilleos, who did many of the Doctor Who novelisation covers around the same time. I bet he never realised he was drawing future superstar Jackie Chan there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

bruceleeclones

Read an exclusive conversation with Ho Chung-Dao (aka Bruce Li) talking about his time working on Bruce Lee the Man the Myth, featured in issue 1 of the Bruceploitation poster magazine. On sale now.

page7b.jpg.46722e5e0588938e027aaa61d6182e79.jpg

Send me a message to order your copy.

Edited by bruceleeclones
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk

I think I have a very stupid question, but I need you guys' input...

Do you pronounce "Bruce Li" like "Bruce Lee" or do you pronounce "Li" like "eye?"

• Like 1

I would personally pronounce Ly, Le and Li as "Lee".

Lei would be pronounced "Lay."

Lai would be pronounced "Lye".

Ly and Le are common surnames in Vietnamese, and although the accepted Western pronunciation of both is "Lee", "Ly" is technically pronounced "Lee" and "Le" is closer to "Leh".

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
6 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

I would personally pronounce Ly, Le and Li as "Lee".

Lei would be pronounced "Lay."

Lai would be pronounced "Lye".

Ly and Le are common surnames in Vietnamese, and although the accepted Western pronunciation of both is "Lee", "Ly" is technically pronounced "Lee" and "Le" is closer to "Leh".

I've always pronounced "Li" as "Lee" too and "Le" as "Leh." But I've heard such a mix recently. "Li" pronounced like "Eye" just doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

osbournecox

i'm not sure if there is a general rule for that. i've watched trailers for bruce li movies where it was pronounced like "eye". in trailers for jet li movies i only came across the "lee"-pronounciation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, osbournecox said:

i'm not sure if there is a general rule for that. i've watched trailers for bruce li movies where it was pronounced like "eye". in trailers for jet li movies i only came across the "lee"-pronounciation.

The Mainland Pinyin system of Romanizing Mandarin has "Li" pronounced as "Lee". I think Taiwan uses (or used) a different Romanization system. But 1970s trailers were probably narrated by people who either couldn't be bothered to research the pronunciation, or were instructed to say it like "Lye" to avoid audience confusion.

• Like 2

In an interview, Ho Chung Tao himself pronounced his name as Bruce Li as in "eye", when he referred to this name he didn't want to be christianed with.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, Shaolin Dragon said:

Some of you might already know this but for me this was something unknown and fun to stumble across.:D

This actor looks like Bruce Le for me, and in the first picture, he reminds me of Wong Shu Tong.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, Shaolin Dragon said:

By the way, where did you find this movie ?

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

By the way, where did you find this movie ?

This is the movie here.

Morchha (Brand New Single Disc Dvd, Hindi Language, With English Subtitles, Released By KMI Music Bank) https://a.co/d/iQeJk36

I'm pretty sure I heard about this flick from the late Todd Stadtman (RIP). That actor Thomas lee was probably a local talent from the NE India, Nagaland. Reminds me of the Afghan Bruce Lee, Abbas Alizada who is Hazara where they look Central Asian.

Yes, Todd was right about him being from Naga.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Shaolin Dragon

@ShawAngela While searching for something else I stumbled across some pictures of this vinyl record that looked interesting. I saw that it featured a song called “let’s dance for the great guy Bruce Lee” and that it was supposed to be a movie soundtrack. This of course got me curious :bs_smile:

I found the film on YouTube and a nice thing is that the son of Thomas Lee have actually left a comment.

https://youtu.be/7b5FLvRHch4

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

In an interview, Ho Chung Tao himself pronounced his name as Bruce Li as in "eye", when he referred to this name he didn't want to be christianed with.

Really!? Now THAT’S fascinating. If the man himself pronounces it “L-eye” then who am I to argue? L-eye it is!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Speaking of Bruce Li or Le or Lei, here's an article posted today at SCMP about the whole Bruceploitation phenomenon & David Gregory's documentary about the subject.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3225501/bruce-le-bruce-li-bruce-lei-bruceploitation-martial-arts-actors-tracked-down-documentary-about-how?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=share_widget&utm_campaign=3225501&fbclid=IwAR3hGGHP-gfJsDbWEHQddVwCaAZFDtD0cPfK8Xa6oxmg01Wq52hFjnI0vHA

• Like 1

osbournecox
11 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

right, now that you mention it.. i believe it was in the same context where he said that he never liked that name?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osbournecox said:

right, now that you mention it.. i believe it was in the same context where he said that he never liked that name?

Yes, you are right.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:34 AM, saltysam said:

Am i understanding the update correct, they'll be flogging copies at Tribeca film Festival ahead of peeps finally getting their copies after years of waiting :wondering

Anyone else kinda suspicious that no one has seen or posted any pics of the so called Ultimate Poster Book that MW was supposedly hawking at the Tribeca Film Festival? Someone would've grabbed a quick pic or MW himself would've shown off a copy on social media right?