This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Shaolin Dragon

Does anyone know why the Philippine-Hong Kong coproduction bruceploitation movie 猛龍伏霸They Call Him Bruce Lee staring Bruce Lai (Rey Malonzo) and Jack Lee (李傑克) is suddenly missing from HKMDB?

Just curious because I know it was in there before. :wondering

Don’t they have as much love for this amazing sub genre over there as we have over here?

• Like 2

On 2/18/2017 at 8:23 PM, ThunderScore said:

One More Time...

FofVHS.thumb.jpg.43ff5e2735e967ae36faa916ef4b1c37.jpg

WTF! They're getting quotes from electrical devices? I wonder what the toaster says.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

What about the air conditioner in Betty's apartment which supposedly failed him?

I heard the police questioned him but he was full of hot air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

sifu iron perm
On 1/22/2023 at 2:03 AM, Yihetuan said:

One of the backer's comments was he was optimistic it would be shipping in December in time for the holidays. :monk_laughing:  I read the comment aloud and I imagined those canned audience laugh tracks playing right after.

I take it you never received the refund he promised eh?

Nope.

• Angry 2

dionbrother

Well, Worth finally scored an interview with Bruce Le.  Was told Le was the only holdout for an interview for the last few years, not sure why.  Perhaps shame over his time in prison.  Now that they got their great white whale, maybe we'll see the ball rolling on these projects getting finished.

bruce.jpg

• Like 8

"Michael,where's my complimentary copy of the Bruceploitation poster book? What you mean it's still at the printers, it was at the printers when i got put inside   " :laugh

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Shaolin Patriot

Sounds like a great documentary, with an awesome cast list: 

Bruce Le, Bruce Li, Bruce Liang, Dragon Lee, Angela Mao, Sammo Hung, David Chiang, Phillip Ko, Andre Morgan, Mars, Yasuaki Kurata

For those of us who can't make it to the film festival, I hope the doc makes its way to Blu-ray/DVD (Severin Films).

Here's a link to Tribeca and ticket information: Tribeca Film Festival 2023

Edited by Shaolin Patriot
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I remember M_____ W______ saying this doc would get a blu ray release on a podcast but who knows if his word is reliable? It looks like he'll be busy on the festival circuit now and that crowdfund book will be on the back burner yet again. I'm now holding out to get that book before I start having grand kids. I could show them that book as a bedtime story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

sifu iron perm

Some NEWS regarding the Michael Worth Poster Book...

It has been revealed to me a few weeks ago that the infamous Poster Book will be released this year most definitely, a friend of mine is actually doing work on it as I type this which made me speculate the longevity of printing process!

Lo and behold we shall get something by or within late Summer!

Coincidental it will pop up with this new documentary!

• Like 4

@sifu iron perm, since you got ghosted on the refund, I'm happy that you're going to receive a copy of the book. While I don't doubt your claim, I'm at the point where it's "seeing is believing" as we've been shafted so many times before with updates saying final proofs are going to the printers and the book is at the finishing line, etc.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@sifu iron perm, since you got ghosted on the refund, I'm happy that you're going to receive a copy of the book. While I don't doubt your claim, I'm at the point where it's "seeing is believing" as we've been shafted so many times before with updates saying final proofs are going to the printers and the book is at the finishing line, etc.

I agree with this sentiment completely.  I reckon the book will arrive around the release date of the Brucesploitation Documentary as Worth is also involved in. 

• Like 3

dionbrother

So I take it you guys haven't heard about the blu ray box set in the works? Consider it "rumor status" but likely it will be packaged with the documentary.  The HD prints of the Bruce Li movies on Amazon Prime are a preview of sorts of what is being prepped for the box.

• Like 4

dionbrother
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

Whatever happened to The Pearl River Collection?

It's coming back.  VCI has been stagnant lately because the company had to "clean house"(from what I was told). Haven't been many  regular VCI releases lately either.  Their line of Universal serials on blu ray seemed to just stop for the last six months. 

• Like 2

VCI? I got their Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things 4K late last year and just yesterday i received their Green Hornet 1940 Serial blu ray

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

dionbrother
Just now, saltysam said:

VCI? I got their Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things 4K late last year and just yesterday i received their Green Hornet 1940 Serial blu ray

Yep.  They do Pearl River as a sub-label.  Their release slate slowed down quite a bit lately, possible due to launching their streaming service,  but I guess they are coming back big this year.  They've teased a possible Flash Gordon serial blu ray for some three years now. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Maybe we'll finally get this release.

https://cityonfire.com/duel-of-the-seven-tigers-vci-entertainment-blu-ray-dvd-pearl-collection-shadow-of-phillip-ko-fei-cliff-lok-chiu-chi-ling-cassanova-wong/

• Like 3

dionbrother
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Supposedly one of the first titles up for the relaunch.  Fingers crossed because I've been waiting for that one.

• Like 4