This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

ruh roh, this isn't good. Asked for a refund back in January and still no dice. :sweating

Screenshot_2022-04-12 Ultimate Art Book of Bruceploitation Movie Posters.png

Really disappointing news but not entirely surprising. The book, Pearl River looks like ancient history.Probably doing work for other labels now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Really disappointing news but not entirely surprising. The book, Pearl River looks like ancient history.Probably doing work for other labels now.

To be honest I think you guys who paid good money for the book have been scammed which is totally not on 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Graysman said:

To be honest I think you guys who paid good money for the book have been scammed which is totally not on 

I bought the limited edition version,which  certainly lives up to its description as it doesn't exist ,😄🤬

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
24 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I bought the limited edition version,which  certainly lives up to its description as it doesn't exist ,😄🤬

To be fair, you can't really get more limited than that.

• Haha 4

On 3/29/2022 at 4:48 PM, Yihetuan said:

It's been kinda quiet on the release front for Bruceploitation movies but MW recently updated that indeed the documentary and upcoming Bruceploitation titles are forthcoming.

Screenshot_2022-03-29 (2) The Bruceploitation Bible ( BruceLeeClones) Twitter.png

Bruce Le went to Paris ?!

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
On 4/12/2022 at 9:59 PM, DragonClaws said:

I'm not sure who the stunt guy is, but theres a clear image of him on the HKMDB.Com page for the movie.

It's Yoo Seong a Korean martial arts actor. HKMDB credit him on their Enter The Game Of Death page in one picture but not the other. He played the lead villain in Dreadnaught Rivals, but HKMDB got that one wrong and put his name on the wrong picture, at least they tried :P 

• Like 2

BRUCE LEE IMITATOR QUIZ: Who's up for the challenge?

The following quiz was taken from the October 1981 issue of CFW's Martial Arts Movie magazine series.

There's some easy ones and not-so-easy ones. Some of you guys/gals claim to be experts and historians, or maybe you're just a die hard fan? Whatever the case, here's your chance to shine.

Cinema Quiz.jpg

• Like 4

Killer Meteor
3 hours ago, mpm74 said:
BRUCE LEE IMITATOR QUIZ: Who's up for the challenge?

The following quiz was taken from the October 1981 issue of CFW's Martial Arts Movie magazine series.

There's some easy ones and not-so-easy ones. Some of you guys/gals claim to be experts and historians, or maybe you're just a die hard fan? Whatever the case, here's your chance to shine.

Cinema Quiz.jpg

I got 14/10!

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
12 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

What could be considered the first Bruceploitation film?

Fist of Unicorn.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

Fist of Unicorn.

Another one that needs a HD remaster. Until then the german DVD will have to suffice.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 5/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, De Ming Li said:

What could be considered the first Bruceploitation film?

This sounds like an early one, Lightening of Bruce Lee (1973) Taiwan starring Lei Jun, Chiang Feng & Chin Kang. No official Theatrical release date for this one?.

Link- https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=16900&display_set=eng

LightBL.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

shukocarl1441996347
7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

This sounds like an early one, Lightening of Bruce Lee (1973) Taiwan starring Lei Jun, Chiang Feng & Chin Kang. No official Theatrical release date for this one?.

Link- https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=16900&display_set=eng

LightBL.jpg

Looks like a "title only" entry. Did that play in the U.S. in '73? If so, they were quick off the mark!

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Looks like a "title only" entry. Did that play in the U.S. in '73? If so, they were quick off the mark!

That doesn't seem to be an American poster. There's also Spirits of Bruce Lee and Kung Fu Master Bruce Lee Style from around the same time. I don't really count title-only Bruceploitation - at least Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave has the new sequence of him jumping out of the grave!

• Like 2

Majin Android

The Pig Boss 1972 spoof of The Big Boss 1971

Never seen it. Don't know anyone who has seen it. Not sure how much Bruceploitation is involved. Zamora would go on to do many Bruceploitation films.

8EB8C194-0077-4A9A-8E84-97E13F2563A4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

DT-Nice1988

Ramon Zamora was the first Bruce Clone for sure, because he started his Bruceploitation career when Bruce Lee was still alive. I believe he was a TV comedian before he started to play in those movies. I tried to find out anything about his Films. The most of them never got a international Release. On YouTube ist a Trailer of a Film with the Title "Spirit Of The Dragon". But the Dub ist a phillipine language. So I believe the Most Films have a english Title, but were only released in the phillipine. But I don't know why.

I only found english dubbed Versions of "My Name Called Chop Suey", "Game Of Death" (It's more a kind of a "Enter The Dragon" parody), "Bruce And The Golden Chakku" (together with the Other phillipine Clone Rey Malonzo, who plays the Bruce Charakter) and "Revenge of the Dragon" (Not a Bruceploitation Film). And I found some Films with phillipine Dub. But I still didn't found "Fish And Fury", "Pig Boss" or "The King Plaster" (another early film). I believe they weren't released in any Form after the Cinema screenings

• Like 3

shukocarl1441996347
On 5/24/2022 at 4:42 AM, Majin Android said:

one more from 1972

5B2F0E89-80B9-4F85-AE85-840A8D85775E.jpeg

I love the above by-line "Mostly Filmed in Color"  :-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cognoscente
On 5/31/2022 at 11:41 PM, DT-Nice1988 said:

Ramon Zamora was the first Bruce Clone for sure, because he started his Bruceploitation career when Bruce Lee was still alive.

I guess that makes him the Weird Al of the martial arts world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Coliseum1972

weird that 70s posters has "in color" on them , color films were pretty common by then , no ?

40 anniversary Ninja Strikes Back now , imdb says it was shown in France first but imdb isnt always correct though.......next month marks 40 yrs since Harold Sakata passed , RIP

• Like 2

Majin Android
On 6/15/2022 at 5:51 AM, Cognoscente said:

I guess that makes him the Weird Al of the martial arts world.

Here's a non Zamora Filipino parody film. Seemed to be a trend in that region back then. Spoofing Zatoichi

224102CB-E30E-4D2B-B113-F46D15B5F7BD.jpeg

• Like 4