This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Majin Android
7 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Anyone ever watch the Jess Franco "Bruceploitation" film, Judoka Shadow vs Doctor Wong with Bruce Lyn?

never seen it. always been curious. i love some of Jess Franco's films.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Majin Android said:

never seen it. always been curious. i love some of Jess Franco's films.

I've finally found a source that has English subs. I sent you a PM.

I have a feeling the poster is going to be better than the movie though.

MV5BNzJlMWVkZjgtOTU5Ny00NmZhLWEzNTktMTY5NGU0NDkxYWJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5MDE5NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 9/29/2021 at 8:13 PM, DragonClaws said:

Bruce Super Hero(1979) VHS cover, looks like the image on the back of the cover is taken from a Taiwanese basher flick?.

Bruceploitation156.jpg

That Cover looks dodgy!! LOL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Impossible to see the video due to limit age...

You're seriously not missing anything. Unless you need help falling asleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is absolutely hilarious! Someone is selling a "rare vintage" dvd of Fists of Bruce Lee for $1000 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUCE-LI-THE-FISTS-OF-BRUCE-LEE-1978-VINTAGE-DVD-RARE-/164808495463?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

So what's the difference here, other than $995? :monk_laughing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151898668551

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Chu Liu Hsiang
7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

This is absolutely hilarious! Someone is selling a "rare vintage" dvd of Fists of Bruce Lee for $1000 on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUCE-LI-THE-FISTS-OF-BRUCE-LEE-1978-VINTAGE-DVD-RARE-/164808495463?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

So what's the difference here, other than $995? :monk_laughing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151898668551

BRUCE LEE DIED IN 1973 ALMOST 50 YEARS AGO.  THIS WAS RELEASED POSTHUMOUSLY IN 1978.
NO OTHER BRUCE LEE DVD IS THIS OLD.  THIS IS A RARITY.  UNOPENED.

Any DVD from 1978 would indeed be a rarity ;) 

The books he offers are ridiculously overpriced, too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
2 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Any DVD from 1978 would indeed be a rarity ;) 

The books he offers are ridiculously overpriced, too!

You gotta consider that it is "IN ITS ORIGINAL CELLO" and such a big musical instrument is pretty pricey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Any DVD from 1978 would indeed be a rarity

You can't see it on their photo because of the flash hotspot, but the packaging for that DVD has a MMII (2002) copyright.

MMII.jpg.c8239af42e30dbf52910416e2dd637d6.jpg

1539604027_MMIIb.jpg.610ecf056674266cfd9b670577f61dbb.jpg

Edited by Omni Dragon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

So I listened to the live stream of The Image of Bruce Lee on The Clones Cast and have to say I'm not a fan of this format. Too many drop outs, delays, awkward pauses and audio issues for my liking. I prefer the old podcast format.

Anyway, MW mentioned that he was planning to release the Bruce Li starring He's A Legend; He's A Hero aka The Dragon Lives and even wanted to do a full length commentary with Caryn White (who played Linda Lee) but another label snagged the rights. MW says the current rumor is that it will be released by this other label. Does anyone know which label it is and any other info?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

I wish that Bruce Lee - A Dragon Story and Bruce Lee, We Miss You were re-released (both of which were called Dragon Dies Hard in different territories).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Did MW provide any update on this mythical book some of us have paid for 🙄

Nope. Maybe he told Matthew beforehand not to ask him about it during the live stream? :laugh

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Nope. Maybe he told Matthew beforehand not to ask him about it during the live stream? :laugh

Can't be far off 2 years since this was paid for.:dull

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, saltysam said:

Can't be far off 2 years since this was paid for.:dull

wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years already! If it's any consolation, MW been talking about that Bruceploitation documentary/book since 2017 and it still hasn't been released yet.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, ThunderScore said:

This title has always held a weird fascination for me... off the top of my head - the music cues taken from PLANET OF THE APES, PAPILLION and THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR, among others as well as the nicely rendered artwork for the poster...

BRUCE & SHAOLIN BRONZEMEN (2).jpg

Three Days of the Condor had an influence on Bruce Li's The Gold Connection i.e. the flash of the camera helping the protagonist fend off a hitman during a fight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone here watched the Huang Kin-Lung mash-up Concorde of Bruce Lee (1982)?. A combination of two 1970's Huang Kin-Lung movies.

yep, I've seen it. But my memory is quite hazy since it's been years. I do recall liking the Philippines footage a lot more from The Dragon Returns aka Return of Bruce much more than the rather boring and goofy scenes from the Huang Kin-Lung Korea shot location film. My fave scene is when Bruce Le takes on those two Western karate experts who tower over him by 2 feet haha. That scene reminds me of when Jet Li fought the Twins in Kiss of the Dragon.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

yep, I've seen it. But my memory is quite hazy since it's been years. I do recall liking the Philippines footage a lot more from The Dragon Returns aka Return of Bruce much more than the rather boring and goofy scenes from the Huang Kin-Lung Korea shot location film. My fave scene is when Bruce Le takes on those two Western karate experts who tower over him by 2 feet haha. That scene reminds me of when Jet Li fought the Twins in Kiss of the Dragon.

I've watched that movie, but completely forgotten about that fight scene.

• Like 2