This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

ThunderScore

Been away for awhile - I just went through all of the posts about THEY CALL HIM BRUCE LEE - I guess nobody remembered this -

• Like 5

Shaolin Dragon

Nunchaku Lee starring Bruce Le? An aka for a Bruce Le movie? Or maybe one of those Philippine Bruceploitation movies?

For me the poster looks like an American theatrical movie poster. I’m I right?

Anyone have some more thoughts or clues?

• Like 2

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

Nunchaku Lee starring Bruce Le? An aka for a Bruce Le movie? Or maybe one of those Philippine Bruceploitation movies?

Im sure its a Philippine production starring Bruce Ly?. I think it was released in the U.K, on the Hong Kong Connection DVD label?.

19 hours ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

Anyone have some more thoughts or clues?

Yes its the American theatrical poster.

• Like 2

Shaolin Dragon

@DragonClaws 

Interesting! So this poster might in fact be a rare case of “Bruce Le exploitation” :bs_laughing:

So if it’s actually Bruce Ly (instead of Bruce Le) could Nunchaku Lee then maybe be the American theatrical release title for Chaku Master or Golden Chaku?

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 6/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, Shaolin Dragon said:

So if it’s actually Bruce Ly (instead of Bruce Le) could Nunchaku Lee then maybe be the American theatrical release title for Chaku Master or Golden Chaku?

I think your right, its a re-titling of the movie Chaku Master?. That movie was heavily cut in the U.K, seem to recall Vengeance Video might have put this out UNCUT on DVD?.

• Like 2

Shaolin Dragon

@DragonClaws

I searched a little and found that Chaku Master was released in cinemas under the title Kung Fu Death Wish in the US in 1984. So could it maybe be the Bruce Ly movie Bruce and the Golden Chaku (or some of his other movies) that hides behind the title Nunchaku Lee instead? Or was this movie distributed twice in the US, each time with a different title?

:bs_confused:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Has anyone seen this one: an Indonesian Brucesploitation film marketed inaccurately as a Bruce Le film?

image.png.ea8b52f70314877f34a0274e5492d7e3.png

Wow that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel lol

Edited by Josh Baker
  • Like 1

Drunken Monk
36 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Has anyone seen this one: an Indonesian Brucesploitation film marketed inaccurately as a Bruce Le film?

image.png.ea8b52f70314877f34a0274e5492d7e3.png

I just skipped through the first 45 minutes and it feels like a Bruceploitationploitation. The fights were…average at best, really.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I just skipped through the first 45 minutes and it feels like a Bruceploitationploitation.

I wonder how many times Bruce Le got credit for films he didn't do. 

• Like 2

bruceleeclones
On 8/10/2021 at 6:35 PM, DrNgor said:

I wonder how many times Bruce Le got credit for films he didn't do. 

Quite a lot, especially in America.  His name was pretty much stuck on anything in the vhs days

vhs.jpg

• Like 3

Shaolin Dragon

All these fake Bruce Le movies really is starting to feel like their own  Bruceploitation sub genre :bs_smile: 

Bruceleploitation

Except for not having Bruce Le in the real cast did these movies maybe have something more in common? :bs_thinking:Same international distributor? All produced outside Hong Kong/Taiwan?

• Like 2

One more: The Furious (aka The Furious Killer, 1981) with Carter Wong and Michael Chan Wai-Man:

image.png.7453fa8e2342191896fb6407e47e2e8d.png

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 2

"Cobra" is the one of two films with the clone "Steve / Steven Lee". The other Film is "Steel Fisted Dragon".  I never found any Information about this guy. On the german tape Cover of "Steel Fisted Dragon" he became Bruce Lee's Brother

• Like 2

I don't believe "Nunchakku Lee" is an alternate title for "Bruce And The Golden Chakku". 

I searched for some of the Names in the cast, but found none of them (except of Bruce Le). 

I asked Michael Worth at Facebook. Maybe He knows something

• Like 3

Bruce Super Hero(1979) VHS cover, looks like the image on the back of the cover is taken from a Taiwanese basher flick?.

Bruceploitation156.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Bruce Super Hero(1979) VHS cover, looks like the image on the back of the cover is taken from a Taiwanese basher flick?.

That kind of looks like Tong Lung, whom I assume is Alexander Lo Rei's brother. He was active during the basher era.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DrNgor said:

That kind of looks like Tong Lung, whom I assume is Alexander Lo Rei's brother. He was active during the basher era.

i agree

• Like 2

Tong Lung was a Bruce Lee clone too. He played Bruce Lee character in "The Growling Tiger"(an unoffocial "Way Of The Dragon" Sequell), "On The Vault Of Death" aka. "Bruce Vs. Chinese Frankenstein", "The Ferocious Brothers" and "The Best And The Worst" (He plays a Police chief, similar to Bruce Li's role in "Deadly Strike") 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

Tong Lung was a Bruce Lee clone too. He played Bruce Lee character in "The Growling Tiger"(an unoffocial "Way Of The Dragon" Sequell), "On The Vault Of Death" aka. "Bruce Vs. Chinese Frankenstein", "The Ferocious Brothers" and "The Best And The Worst" (He plays a Police chief, similar to Bruce Li's role in "Deadly Strike") 

I've seen The Best and the Worst and I don't remember him having a clone role. You mean the similarity to the Bruce Li's role is the connection?

That's defo Tong Lung and from what I know yes, he is Lo Rei's brother.

• Like 2