This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

sifu iron perm
Just now, saltysam said:

I got the limited edition, it's so limited it doesn't exist :rofl

the things we do for a bruceploitation product!

• Like 4

I finally had some time to listen to the latest Clones Cast with MW discussing Bruce Strikes Back but unfortunately, he makes no mention of any updates to the indiegogo poster book but did talk about his upcoming Bruceploitation documentary from Severin. He also mentions that Leg Fighters from VCI is due to go OOP, so anyone interested in picking that up might want to do so. Also talks about the next release in the series might not be Duel of the 7 Tigers after all but another title which might be a special 2 disc version and Duel will come after that one.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

I'm not hopeful of this book getting released.It's strange he's not providing much in the way of updates

Hope that's not the case and MW just put it on the backburner for now. That book was a project that I was looking forward to getting my hands on. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon from MW about it.

• Like 2

Just think he should be letting those of us who've paid for this already up to speed with where we are at with it. He must have all our email addresses.

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
17 hours ago, saltysam said:

A bit more reassuring but i think we still have a good while to wait before the book materialises

Considering how slowly he seems to be moving - if we go by the updates that are given, but maybe information is harder to access than we may think - and the covid crisis causing a lot of releases to be pushed back, I guess you're right. :sad:

• Like 3

Maybe Le is like Mie Hama , she says being in Bond was in a different lifetime or something.....no idea if she refuses interviews though. You dont see Bach or Bouquet in Bond interviews either.

• Like 3

The western members of the cast were all highly trained martial artists themselves: Phil Cohen was a student of Bruce Lee in the US, Roy Horan qualified in Shorinji Kempo, Alan Ellerton expert in White Crane, Xingyi and Tai Chi, Greg Talovic a Taekwondo instructor.

Can anyone confirm this? From Bruce Lee's Secret IMDB review...

Also, I've read that Roy Horan studied Taekwondo and Eagle claw under Hwang Jang-Lee, I thought Hwang learned Eagle Claw in Hong Kong for the movie purposes?

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

This looks like a Bruceploitation flick. Anyone know what it is?

#Is i a theatrical poster for the Ramon Zamora movie The Game of Death?.

• Like 1

Shaolin Dragon

All I know is that it is a VHS cover. I also figured out that the Chinese characters says that the director is supposed to be Kent Cheng (or someone with a the same characters in the name). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

All I know is that it is a VHS cover. I also figured out that the Chinese characters says that the director is supposed to be Kent Cheng (or someone with a the same characters in the name). 

Can you isolate the Chinese characters of the title ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

@ShawAngela the title is something like this

猛龍伏霸

I have used this and searched HKMDB but didn't find anything.

The lead actor seams to be someone named 李傑克

The pinyin says měng lóng fú bà.

The first word should mean something like ferocious ; the second one is the word for dragon or emperor ; I didn't find a translation for the third word and the last one should mean something like "to stop", if I didn't mistook the Chinese character with another.

I couldn't find anything while trying with the pinyin...

And the Chinese actor's name lead me either to a businessman, either to Jack Lemmon...!!

That's frustrating !!

• Like 3

Shaolin Dragon
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

The pinyin says měng lóng fú bà.

The first word should mean something like ferocious ; the second one is the word for dragon or emperor ; I didn't find a translation for the third word and the last one should mean something like "to stop", if I didn't mistook the Chinese character with another.

I couldn't find anything while trying with the pinyin...

And the Chinese actor's name lead me either to a businessman, either to Jack Lemmon...!!

That's frustrating !!

Yes I agree, it’s frustrating!

I also did some more research and didn’t find much except for the two first characters being the same as in 猛龍過江 Way of the Dragon. So my feeling this is some kind of Bruceploitation is still strong:smile

• Like 2

Shaolin Dragon

@ShawAngela Mystery solved! Definitely Bruceploitation:bs_smile:

@DragonClaws was on the right track already from the beginning!

It's a Chinese release of They Call Him Bruce Lee.

So the actor behind the Chinese name 李傑克 is Jack Lee.

All this makes me think that this production might have had some Hong Kong or Taiwan connection. The producers name also sounds Chinese.

What are your thoughts?

they call him bruce lee.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

@ShawAngela Mystery solved! Definitely Bruceploitation:bs_smile:

@DragonClaws was on the right track already from the beginning!

It's a Chinese release of They Call Him Bruce Lee.

So the actor behind the Chinese name 李傑克 is Jack Lee.

All this makes me think that this production might have had some Hong Kong or Taiwan connection. The producers name also sounds Chinese.

What are your thoughts?

they call him bruce lee.jpg

According to the actors' names, I would rather say that this is a Philippines' movie.

I'm glad that the mystery is solved

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

According to the actors' names, I would rather say that this is a Philippines' movie.

I agree with @ShawAngela, those names scream Philippines, maybe a co-production?

• Like 2

Shaolin Dragon

I have done some research about They Call Him Bruce Lee now.

8C20265D-089D-49F3-8FEF-DD885AD660DD.jpeg

According to information I found this movie was also released in Korea and there it was presented as a Philippine-Hong Kong co-production. So @Super Ninja was right:bs_smile:

This probably explains the existence of a Chinese version of the movie released on VHS (didn’t find any hints of it being released theatrically in any Chinese speaking region).

B3B4D483-55FE-4CCB-B12D-846B46BF92BD.png

When it comes to the actors at least 李傑克 Jack Lee is supposed to be Chinese. The few sources that don’t take their info from the messed up IMDB page states that he was an actor from Hong Kong. (He is even mentioned as being some kind of relative to Bruce Lee :BL-IDontKnow::bs_smile: ) This might explain why he is the only actor named on the Chinese VHS cover.

Another thing that I found out was that the production company Kinavesa (Silver Star Film Company) was owned by the Philippine based Chinese businessman K.Y. Lim who had worked with Hong Kong movie productions filmed in the Philippines beginning with Tiger Force (1973). After starting producing his own films he maintained these Hong Kong connections.

So my conclusion is that They Call Me Bruce Lee was indeed some kind of Philippine-Hong Kong co-production although the cast lacks any well known Hong Kong actor.

Edited by Shaolin Dragon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaolin Dragon said:

I have done some research about They Call Him Bruce Lee now.

8C20265D-089D-49F3-8FEF-DD885AD660DD.jpeg

According to information I found this movie was also released in Korea and there it was presented as a Philippine-Hong Kong co-production. So @Super Ninja was right:bs_smile:

This probably explains the existence of a Chinese version of the movie released on VHS (didn’t find any hints of it being released theatrically in any Chinese speaking region).

B3B4D483-55FE-4CCB-B12D-846B46BF92BD.png

When it comes to the actors at least 李傑克 Jack Lee is supposed to be Chinese. The few sources that don’t take their info from the messed up IMDB page states that he was an actor from Hong Kong. (He is even mentioned as being some kind of relative to Bruce Lee :BL-IDontKnow::bs_smile: ) This might explain why he is the only actor named on the Chinese VHS cover.

Another thing that I found out was that the production company Kinavesa (Silver Star Film Company) was owned by the Philippine based Chinese businessman K.Y. Lim who had worked with Hong Kong movie productions filmed in the Philippines beginning with Tiger Force (1973). After starting producing his own films he maintained these Hong Kong connections.

So my conclusion is that They Call Me Bruce Lee was indeed some kind of Philippine-Hong Kong co-production although the cast lacks any well known Hong Kong actor.

Very interesting !!

And did you find the VHS ? Or just the cover on the internet ? Did you see the movie and is it good ?

• Like 2