This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

DT-Nice1988
On 5/24/2020 at 6:11 AM, Duel to the Death said:

When i was a kid i thought a couple of the Bruceploitation movies were actual Bruce Lee movies. It wasn't until i was an adult and i watched all the real Bruce movies that i figured out i was duped. lol

One of them involved climbing another pogoda and i think one of the enemies was a sumo guy. And the other i think involved the fake Bruce being whipped by guys on horses.   

Hi. The first film is ''True Game Of Death'' with Hsao Lung and I think the second is ''Bruce Lee's Secret'' a.k.a. ''Bruce Lee's Deadly Kung Fu'' a.k.a. ''Story Of The Dragon''

• Like 3

DT-Nice1988

Every time I red an article about Bruceploitation, the two films ''Enter Another Dragon'' and ''Re-Enter The Dragon'' were listed as typical Bruceploitation films- I think they choosed these films, because of their funny titles. In fact these two films are the ''seemed to be lost'' Bruce Le films. But for ''Re-Enter The Dragon'', that isn't true. I found out which film is behind the title. First I found a scanned poster of a Bruce Le film from a local cinema release with the title ''Re-Enter The Dragon''

zazustlq.jpg

The listed cast of the film named Bruce Le, Kong Tao, Nelson Lee. Firts I didn't found a film with that cast, only two films with Bruce Le & Nelson Lee: ''Bruce & The Shaolin Kung Fu'' and ''Bruce & Dragon Fist''. Then I found this informations on rottentomatoes.com:

Bruce and Dragon Fist stars Bruce Le (not to be confused with Bruce Lei). Kong Tau and Nelson Lee costar in this suspenseful actioner. The story concerns Bruce's efforts to rescued the kidnaped wife of his mentor. Filmed in 1979, Bruce and Dragon Fist made it to the US in 1981. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi

The problem was that Kong Tao and Nelson Lee were listed in the ''Bruce & Dragon Fist'' Cast as Chiang Tao and Lee Hang. Aasian actors have sometimes many names. Then I found a second proof that ''Re-Enter The Dragon'' is only a ''a.k.a. title'' for ''Bruce & Dragon Fist''. When I searched for the film on google I also found this spanish poster.

14193957_max.jpg

The notes on the page says it's the spanish poster of ''Re-Enter The Dragon''. The different cast on this one seemed to be false, because I could't find anyone of these names, besides of Bruce Le. I searched on youtube for a film with the spanish title ''El Puno Del Dragon'' and I found this:

So I truly believe ''Re-Enter The Dragon'' is ''Bruce & Dragon Fist''

Now only ''Enter Another Dragon'' is left. Ron Van Clief, part of the cast, once said the film was never finished.

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 3

DT-Nice1988

I finally get my "dynamo" blu ray yesterday and a highlight for me is the audio commentary with Michael Worth and Iain Lee. Michael told in that some informations about his upcoming Bruceploitation documentary. He also told that Taranntino gave his company some rare prints for scanning. Michael told at one episode of "The Clone Cast", that Quentin Tarantino has a print of "The Big Boss Part 2". My conclusion of that informations is, that we finally will see "The Big Boss Part 2" in the near future. 

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 4

I think Michael worth has it already check the link and compare it to the picture I added.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeLe7RVh_7c/?igshid=11qnlb075ooao

this image is Big Boss part II. I’m sure of it.

its the top left of the screen during beginning credits not this exact frame but you can see it’s the same.

4AEE2631-201A-418D-BF63-2FB0C64B566A.png

Edited by makone
  • Like 5

DT-Nice1988

Of course it could be a pic from scanning "The Big Boss Part 2" As I wrote before, Michael already got some rare prints from Tarantino for scanning. 

A guy told me Michael didn't made a video interview with Bruce Le for the upcoming documentary. So I asked him, if it true. And he responded: 

"Michael here - regarding Bruce Le, it is so unfortunate that he proved to be very very reticent in diving into his Bruceploitation career. We tried over and over and chased him all over Hong Kong but he just kept changing the dynamics so it didn’t happen. Got to meet with him but no interview on camera. But that being said, this will be an amazing doc with Dragon Lee, Bruce Li, Bruce Liang, Godfrey Ho, Lo Meng, Lee a Tso Nam, Don Wang Tao, Angela Mao, Ron Van Clief, Sammo, Roy Horan, Jon Benn. Phillip Ko, etc.  and, we may be acquiring some fairly rare footage of Le to include. So I promise this will be the best doc on the subject!"

I was surprised by his answer, because I red an interview with Bruce Le some years ago and he answered all the questions about his bruceploitation career. 

Another thing, the new clones cast about the greatest "Fist Of Fury" Sequell "Fist Of Fury 2" with Bruce Li was released yesterday. 

https://screenmayhem.com/the-clones-cast-fist-of-fury-part-ii-1977/

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 3

DT-Nice1988

Download.jpg

I was searching for a "Billy Lo" pic and found a Kim Tai Chung Pic, which I haven't seen before. It supposed to be from "Game Of Death 2" a.k.a. "Tower Of Death", but I didn't find any scene that match with the pic. I checked all 3 versions, that I have. The only scene Kim wears sunglasses, is the fight against the one armed guy. Can somebody help me? 

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

Download.jpg

I was searching for a "Billy Lo" pic and found a Kim Tai Chung Pic, which I haven't seen before. It supposed to be from "Game Of Death 2" a.k.a. "Tower Of Death", but I didn't find any scene that match with the pic. I checked all 3 versions, that I have. The only scene Kim wears sunglasses, is the fight against the one armed guy. Can somebody help me? 

Isn't this an outtake from the funeral scene? I could be wrong

• Like 1

Duel to the Death
On 5/26/2020 at 3:10 AM, DT-Nice1988 said:

Hi. The first film is ''True Game Of Death'' with Hsao Lung and I think the second is ''Bruce Lee's Secret'' a.k.a. ''Bruce Lee's Deadly Kung Fu'' a.k.a. ''Story Of The Dragon''

I thought I responded. But I will check those out. Thanks for the help

Edited by Duel to the Death
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 9:09 AM, DT-Nice1988 said:

Download.jpg

It’s the scene where he finds Roy Horan hanged.

Edited by makone
  • Like 3

Don't know if this was posted yet.  BTW, that guy in the poster sure looks like Henry Yu Yung.

-6330212062001798309.jpg

henryyu_086567f3abb66f9a6cb292797ed51b5e.jpg

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2020 at 9:27 PM, morpheus said:

Don't know if this was posted yet.  BTW, that guy in the poster sure looks like Henry Yu Yung.

-6330212062001798309.jpg

That's very true !!

But is looks like if Henry's head has been added to someone's else body...

• Like 3

DT-Nice1988
On 6/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, makone said:

It’s the scene where he finds Roy Horgan hanged.

You are right. How could I missed it ^_^

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

It is Henry Yu Young from Con Man and The Kung fu Kid/From China With Death/Wits to Wits.

If Revolt of the Dragon is the same movie then that's gotta be a record of a movie with the most aka's!

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 4:04 AM, DT-Nice1988 said:

14193957_max.jpg

That's some aweful photoshop, Bruce Lee's skin tone doesn't even match Bruce Le's tanned body, it looks like he's got a Bruce Lee mask on. :blush

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

shukocarl1441996347
12 hours ago, CT KID said:

If Revolt of the Dragon is the same movie then that's gotta be a record of a movie with the most aka's!

Sorry, never heard of it under that title.

• Like 1

Not exactly Bruceploitation, but perhaps poking a bit of fun at it.  "Fistful of Yen" in the anthology film "The Kentucky Fried Movie." Evan Kim portrays Loo.  Master Bong Soo Han plays Klahn on the"Enter the Dragon" parody.

fullwidth.68cbfbdc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Killer Meteor
On 8/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, Killer Meteor said:

I got the Sega version of this game last month for my birthday...only to discover my controller doesn't let me use the nunchucks. Consequently, Bruce keeps getting defeated by twin amazonian women!

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 3

I've just remembered that kickstarter Bruceploitation book from Michael Worth i paid for ages ago. Has there been any recent updates on this one?

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

Haven't watched any movie of the subgenre (I assume we can call Brucesploitation that, seeing how many movies it incorporates) in ages, but re-reading this makes me want to revisit some. Thank you folks. :BL-GoodJob:

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, saltysam said:

I've just remembered that kickstarter Bruceploitation book from Michael Worth i paid for ages ago. Has there been any recent updates on this one?

I messaged him on fb not too long ago but haven't received a response. The last update I received in August was the printers had reopened but they had many orders to fulfill before the Bruceploitation poster book. MW said he would post some proofs and update the indiegogo page but I haven't seen anything yet.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I messaged him on fb not too long ago but haven't received a response. The last update I received in August was the printers had reopened but they had many orders to fulfill before the Bruceploitation poster book. MW said he would post some proofs and update the indiegogo page but I haven't seen anything yet.

That's a bit poor on MW's part. I mean i wouldn't want to do it but trying to claim back from paypal would be past the date now.Worrying he's not providing updates.

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
On 10/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, saltysam said:

i've paid too and he messaged me two weeks ago informing that he is still scanning posters, this is one long ass hold up!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

i've paid too and he messaged me two weeks ago informing that he is still scanning posters, this is one long ass hold up!

I got the limited edition, it's so limited it doesn't exist :rofl

• Like 2
  • Haha 4