This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

So I finally had time to listen to the latest Clones Cast podcast and MW mentions that he managed to get Bruce Lee's Secret scanned and will be trying to get it crowdfunded on indiegogo once again. Hopefully he has enough backers this time to get it released! :monk_wellwishes:

• Like 5

DragonClaws
On 4/21/2020 at 2:35 AM, Yihetuan said:

So I finally had time to listen to the latest Clones Cast podcast and MW mentions that he managed to get Bruce Lee's Secret scanned and will be trying to get it crowdfunded on indiegogo once again. Hopefully he has enough backers this time to get it released!

Hat's off to filmmaker Michael Worth, and all the hard work he's been putting into this sub genre and the Old-School Martial Art movie genre as a whole. I really hope hthe Bruce Lee's Secret project happen's. Mr Worth has really helped to create a lot of excitement and bring a lot more attention onto this sub-genre. Even Criterion has taken it upon themselves to recognize these movies in their latest box-set.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Hat's off to filammaker Michael Worth, and all the hard work he's been putting into this sub genre and the Old-School Martial Art movie genre as a whole. I really hope hthe Bruce Lee's Secret project happen's. Mr Worth has really helped to create a lot of excitement and bring a lot more attention onto this sub-genre. Even Criterion has taken it upon themselves to recognize these movies in their latest box-set.

You're absolutely right. No disrespect meant by abbreviating his name with initials. It was just laziness on my part to type everything out on a tablet.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

No disrespect meant by abbreviating his name with initials. It was just laziness on my part to type everything out on a tablet.

No wories, I never got the impression you were showing any disrespect at all.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, saltysam said:

Cheers, given what you've said and the current worldwide situation i'll lower my expectations for the book coming out till the end of the year.

Michael Worth gave an update regarding the poster book and the documentary.

0Kr5DIR.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bruceleeclones said:

Thanks Lee for interview with Randy. He seems like a real down to earth guy who has a lot of cool stories to reveal about his time working in the HK film industry. The only two films that I distinctly remember him in was My Rebellious Son and Powerforce and it was neat to hear his version of events and the backstory behind the scenes stories of working on those two movies.

• Like 3

DragonClaws

"Bruce Lee" after Bruce Lee: A Life in Conjectures

By Brian Hu

In the decade after Bruce Lee's death in 1973, film-makers from around the world produced numerous films starring imitation Bruce Lees with names like Bruce Li, Bruce Le and Dragon Lee. This article suggests that any understanding of the...

Link- https://www.academia.edu/8947955/_Bruce_Lee_after_Bruce_Lee_A_Life_in_Conjectures

SsaR5W4MaLrOFvtoqA-zcXzvbxXWTEHqEhzXrTM2

Image source- http://www.critcononline.com/exit_the_dragon_enter_the_tiger_1976.htm

• Like 2

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

After 5 Minutes YouTube ended this great event, because of legal issues with the film. So sad

Legal issues with a movie, thats been up-loaded onto YouTube countless times?.

• Like 1

DT-Nice1988
On 5/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, DragonClaws said:

Legal issues with a movie, thats been up-loaded onto YouTube countless times?.

I had myself problems uploading a. german dubbed film (which last release was in the 80s), which was already uploaded with english dub on youtube

• Like 2

DragonClaws

This thread survived two deletions, when the forum went down. It's a shame to see it no longer pinned at the top of this sub-forum. This has been the place to post Bruceploitation content, since before I joined the forums.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

I never really thought of Bruce Liang as a Bruce-clone, despite the similar name. The resemblance isn't really there - the sole time he does play Bruce, in The Dragon Lives Again, the fact he looks nothing like Bruce Lee is remarked upon in the film itself.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
36 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I never really thought of Bruce Liang as a Bruce-clone, despite the similar name. The resemblance isn't really there - the sole time he does play Bruce, in The Dragon Lives Again, the fact he looks nothing like Bruce Lee is remarked upon in the film itself.

He’s very unfortunate. The one time he actually plays Bruce results in maybe the worst kung fu movie I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

I had a chance to listen to Michael Worth on the Criterion Reflections podcast and he talks a bit about the VCI/Pearl River collection but mentioned that he's working with Severin Films on something big. I wonder if this is the Bruceploitation boxset that he eluded to earlier? That would be nice but I'm hope it doesn't include the ame titles released already like Dynamo & Bruce's Deadly Fingers. He also hinted once again that The Big Boss Part II from Tarantino's personal collection will be available sometime down the line.

• Like 4

DT-Nice1988
On 5/15/2020 at 12:22 AM, Drunken Monk said:

He’s very unfortunate. The one time he actually plays Bruce results in maybe the worst kung fu movie I’ve ever seen. 

They used his "Bruce Lee" Name for all his films to sell them better. I think he didn't know that. The only other film of him, that give me a little bit of a Bruce e Lee film feeling is "Hong Kong Superman", which was also released as "Bruce, Hong Kong Master". Michael Worth also counts "Little Godfather from Hong Kong" to the Bruceploitation Genre because, Leung plays an martial arts actor, who's newest film is shooting in rome (connections to "The Way Of The. Dragon" and Bruce Lee's job) 

In fact he appeared two times in the Bruceploitation genre after "The Dragon Lives Again": the Bruce Li film "Bruce Lee Against Iron Hand" &  the Dragon Chen Film "Jeed Kune Do" 

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

In fact he appeared two times in the Bruceploitation genre after "The Dragon Lives Again": the Bruce Li film "Bruce Lee Against Iron Hand.”

One of Bruce Li’s best. Bruce Leung is fantastic in it too.

• Like 2

Duel to the Death

When i was a kid i thought a couple of the Bruceploitation movies were actual Bruce Lee movies. It wasn't until i was an adult and i watched all the real Bruce movies that i figured out i was duped. lol

One of them involved climbing another pogoda and i think one of the enemies was a sumo guy. And the other i think involved the fake Bruce being whipped by guys on horses.   

• Like 2