This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Yes, seems to be Germany the go to market for releasing these movies- gutted we aren't getting this classic in HD

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

I guess there is still hope for a bare bones release without the extensive color grading and correction work.

ItJVA6t.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

The cynic in me thinks possibly most of the work on this is already done and indiego was just a way of raising some of the costs back. Still i'll take this one any way i can. Hopefully the book isn't too far away.

funny side not, Germany is doing another Classic in 2K and it will cost under 1000$ US for  scan, dirt removal and color corrections. yes this here is a major scam, cudos to the ones who are willing to give huge $$$ to them, if they have money to throw away, why not...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spannick said:

, if they have money to throw away, why not...

if i get the blu ray i've paid for, how exactly have i threw money away 😉

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, saltysam said:

The cynic in me thinks possibly most of the work on this is already done and indiego was just a way of raising some of the costs back. Still i'll take this one any way i can. Hopefully the book isn't too far away.

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

if i get the blu ray i've paid for, how exactly have i threw money away 😉

yeah for the price there was no risk. It was supposed to be a professionally manufactured blu ray with extras like the Pearl River releases. I enjoy listening to Michael Worth's commentaries, so that would've been worth it for me to pay more over say a Zinemaxploitation BD-R. I can't comment on the business ethics of whether this crowd sourcing is just an attempt to recoup some of his expenses as I'm not privy to the how these things work & I don't know Michael Worth personally. But just from his podcasts and social media stuff, he's never struck me as the type of guy whose main interest lies in making a buck off Bruceploitation but more of an enthusiastic fan of the genre himself.

8 hours ago, spannick said:

funny side not, Germany is doing another Classic in 2K and it will cost under 1000$ US for  scan, dirt removal and color corrections. yes this here is a major scam, cudos to the ones who are willing to give huge $$$ to them, if they have money to throw away, why not...

I missed the news on this. Can you tell me what that "classic" title will be forthcoming? Or are talking about Snake in the Eagle's Shadow II that you already mentioned?

• Like 1

I already received my refund for the blu ray perk from indiegogo for Bruce Lee's Secret. Shame this didn't get funded but the good news is that Bruce Lee's Secret 2.0 funding campaign will be announced soon. As mentioned before, this perk won't have all the extras and color grading work but if it's priced accordingly, I'm willing to give it another go.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I already received my refund for the blu ray perk from indiegogo for Bruce Lee's Secret. Shame this didn't get funded but the good news is that Bruce Lee's Secret 2.0 funding campaign will be announced soon. As mentioned before, this perk won't have all the extras and color grading work but if it's priced accordingly, I'm willing to give it another go.

yep got my refund as well-awaiting news for the 2.0 campaign.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:52 PM, Yihetuan said:

Coming soon from Film Detective.

EOwz-Ynd-Xs-Ac-QCW5.jpg

Full specs- can't wait

• NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
  • Stars Fred Williamson and Ron Van Clief are reunited for interviews, masterfully produced by Prince Henry Entertainment Group founder Frazier Prince; and producer Terry Levene, director Matthew Mallinson and scriptwriter Ron Harvey give their behind-the-camera take on the film in new interviews conducted by producer and editor Jim Markovic as part of an exclusive, 30-minute featurette,
  • That's Bruceploitation, by Daniel Griffith from Ballyhoo Motion Pictures. Limited-edition Blu-ray copies will feature a special liner note booklet written by Justin Decloux and Will Sloan, hosts of The Important Cinema Club podcast.
  • Like 3

On 3/16/2020 at 12:45 PM, saltysam said:

Anyone seen any further updates on the book or the plans for Bruce Lee's Secret?

No further updates but he did mention it again on his recent podcast with the guy from Cinema Bushido. He also said something about coming out with a box set of Brucesploitation and wanted to model it after what Arrow does with their genre box sets. Also said that he is doing all the book design and layout himself to cut cost for the upcoming Brucesploitation poster book rather than hiring a designer. So it's taking time for him to learn the nuances of the design software and slowing things a bit.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

No further updates but he did mention it again on his recent podcast with the guy from Cinema Bushido. He also said something about coming out with a box set of Brucesploitation and wanted to model it after what Arrow does with their genre box sets. Also said that he is doing all the book design and layout himself to cut cost for the upcoming Brucesploitation poster book rather than hiring a designer. So it's taking time for him to learn the nuances of the design software and slowing things a bit.

Cheers, given what you've said and the current worldwide situation i'll lower my expectations for the book coming out till the end of the year.

Is anyone familiar with this French guy? Is he an authority on Bruceploitation? He is offering a free pdf download of his webzine on Fist of Unicorn at his website.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Is he an authority on Bruceploitation?

Only one way to find out. DL in progress. 

Edit: Never mind, it's not in English.

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mpm74 said:

Only one way to find out. DL in progress. 

Edit: Never mind, it's not in English.

No, it's actually bilingual. You probably didn't scroll down far enough to get to the English pages.

bTCziF1.jpg

ARG7jxX.jpg

fuDX2PA.jpg

mc9I7lJ.jpg

Pxvkh1r.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

No, it's actually bilingual. You probably didn't scroll down far enough to get to the English pages.

Gotcha. Thanks for correcting me. Will check it out!

• Like 1

I'm french and I understand the guy but… honestly I don't know what's the point of his channel ? at first he was visiting the original locations from the Bruce Lee movies… then and now.

but the last couple of videos is just some random bullshit to me… I just don't get it.

I unsubscribed.

• Like 1