This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

9 hours ago, DT-Nice1988 said:

t's a german bookbox dvd release. The film behind that title is ''Fist Of Unicorn''. Here is the back cover

https://ibb.co/P5Z2Mc5

Thank you @DT-Nice1988

Boy thats one misleading cover, but the back of the cover's pretty honest about the film and its cast. That must be the only VHS release, not to use a Bruce Lee photo or similar art-work?.

• Like 1

I finally watched the ''Warrior'' series. And I dind't expect before, that the producers include that much ''Bruce Things'' in it, besides to use only his name. Because of that, I didn't belive there is much original thoughts/ideas from Lee in the final product.

Bruceploitation things I noticed: Ah Samm always used the ''Game of Death'' Fighting stance, he used some special moves of Lee's film's (Rounhouse Kick, Foot Jump). One main guard of a tong gang named Bolo and looked similar to Yang Sze a.k.a. Bolo Yeung, the relationship between Ah Samm and Miss Blake reminded me of Bruce and Linda... an the list goes on....

The next Bruceploitation film is already on his way to the big screen. I'm speaking of ''Ip Man 4'' with the returning Chan Kwok-Kwan as Bruce Lee. For me he is the ''Clone'' who looks the most like Bruce. It's a shame he wasn't around 1978 for ''Game Of Death''....

Edited by DT-Nice1988
  • Like 3

On 11/28/2019 at 4:01 AM, DragonClaws said:

Disappointed that funding fell short of its goal. I really thought this would be funded but perhaps I was overly sanguine in how many Brucesploitation fans there are that are willing to fork out for a beautiful coffee table book. The last update says the goal is flexible and other funding options are being looked into or the print run will be reduced to make it feasible. Perhaps @Squid Lips can give us a further update?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Brus Li? Honestly!

Probably a Slavic transcription of Bruce Le. I already saw this spelling on some posters/lobby cards from these countries on ebay...

• Like 2

Coliseum1972

They also had funny version of Monroes name : Merlin Munro.......or something like that , lol

Reminds me of Leone being called Bob Robertson early on as they thought Sergio Leone sounded too ethnic

• Like 2

ChineseSausage
On 12/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, DragonClaws said:

I'm guessing this film was made not far apart from Fist Of Fury III. Both films share some of the same actors

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 1/2/2020 at 2:18 AM, Yihetuan said:

Disappointed that funding fell short of its goal. I really thought this would be funded but perhaps I was overly sanguine in how many Brucesploitation fans there are that are willing to fork out for a beautiful coffee table book. The last update says the goal is flexible and other funding options are being looked into or the print run will be reduced to make it feasible. Perhaps @Squid Lips can give us a further update?

Shit! I wanted this book!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Shit! I wanted this book!

Funding is still open for the book, the deadline has been extended to allow for further funding.

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

which movie is this? enter the game?

Bruce Super Hero(1979), I picked it up this Phillipines actioner DVD a few weks before the New Year. There are quite a few different lobby card sets flaoting around online for this one.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 1/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, DragonClaws said:

Funding is still open for the book, the deadline has been extended to allow for further funding.

do you have the paypal address? so i can fund. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

do you have the paypal address? so i can fund. 

Please see the links below, for the Indiegogo Funding page.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, saltysam said:

There's no way of contributing now on that link. Page is there but where you would contribute is greyed out.

Michael Worth updated the Indiegogo page and stated that the book will go ahead and get published with a March time frame for delivery. He mentioned that perks are still available until mid-January if folks are still interested in getting their hands on the book.

There will be perks still available until mid January if paypal payments are ordered through crabmonsters@hotmail.com by the 18th.  $50 for the regular edition (including the $5 shipping and handling cost) and $75 for the special edition (including the shipping and handling cost).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

thanks, anyone know what the difference between the regular and limited edition is?

I'm pretty sure I read the limited edition will come with a slip case and be signed by Michael Worth. Unfortunately, I can't find the source of the info. It might've been mentioned by MW on the Clones Cast podcast or Bullet Proof podcast.

• Like 2