This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

On 1/19/2019 at 11:44 PM, shukocarl said:

Mine was cut too. The early Hokushin tape was uncut pre-cert.

Wasnt this also released on the Bootleg VHS label Keseki?, they also put out a few early Jackie Chan titles. Shaolin Wooden Men, Dragon Fist, Dragon Fire(Re-edt of Fanstasy Mission Force), Fearless Heyna 1&2, Eagle Shadow Fist.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

This must be the only rental store in the world, to have a Bruceploitation section?, cool to see it briefly high-lighted, in this video. Did stores even recognize this sub genre, when tape rental was at its peak, in the 90's?. When rental actually existed, my small town had three of them, non of which had a section deotd to Clone films. Only when the evil Blockbuster chains starting popping up, did I get introduced to the wierd world of Bruceploitation, outside of Game of Death I&II. With Exit The Dragon Enter Thte Tiger, Bruce Lee Strikes Back From The Grave, Fist of Fury 2, Fist of Fear Touch of Death, appearing among the other more well known Martial Arts titles.

• Like 3

Picked this up the other day after seeing they actually had a section on "Bruceploitation"... some nice pics and info, but they misidentified Dragon Lee as Bruce Thai...

Topix-Bruce-Lee-Vol-2-Official-Collector

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

Something just occured to me. You know how in THE REAL BRUCE LEE, there is some Bruce Li footage that doesn't seem to match any corresponding film - it's fake BIG BOSS and fake FIST OF FURY stuff mainly. Well...I wonder if it was alternate footage for HE'S A LEGEND, HE'S A HERO (AKA THE DRAGON LIVES) which also feature similar scenes but with Bruce Li sporting a very promonent moustache. I wonder if they stem from the same shoot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Something just occured to me. You know how in THE REAL BRUCE LEE, there is some Bruce Li footage that doesn't seem to match any corresponding film - it's fake BIG BOSS and fake FIST OF FURY stuff mainly. Well...I wonder if it was alternate footage for HE'S A LEGEND, HE'S A HERO (AKA THE DRAGON LIVES) which also feature similar scenes but with Bruce Li sporting a very promonent moustache. I wonder if they stem from the same shoot.

This. Those footage of Ho Chung Tao in THE REAL BRUCE LEE had me confused for a long time, I couldn't for the life of me find which of his films did they belong to. Thanks to at least giving me some hints!

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

This. Those footage of Ho Chung Tao in THE REAL BRUCE LEE had me confused for a long time, I couldn't for the life of me find which of his films did they belong to. Thanks to at least giving me some hints!

I noticed Wong Wing Sang in one of the clips, so it dates back to his Taiwanese days most likely.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
11 hours ago, saltysam said:

I need to give Real Bruce Lee a spin, i think i have a likely unoffical DVD from 21stcentury, a direct VHS port.

Severin has teased that they are releasing it.

DragonClaws

Another mis-leadinlgy packaged Old-School Kung Fu movie?, or is it just another Fist of Fury, movie done Bruceploitation style?. I cant I-D the production, based on the DVD sleeve. With all these low budget films, you can never trust the cover art , or synopsis on the back.

Can anyone here confirm what movie this actually is?.

Cover Art

171010132610_fffb.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
36 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

The small stills suggest Fist of Fury III

Thanks for I-D those, despite having viewed FOF III, I didnt recognize the still's. Guess it could still be a different movie?.

Spoiler

Has a half decent version of the greatest Bruceploitation film ever, The Dragon Lives Again ever surfaced? I know Agfa were restoring it but had no plans to release it. The Vengeance video version is terrible and it's frustrating.

• Like 1