This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

bruceleeclones
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, yiyuen said:

I remember another pair of anecdotes about this: the italian black suited martialist who fights against Bruce among the ruins, armed with Sai, toward the end, was found dead later, he suicided himself by hanging. I dont know why. This tragic episode was told me years later by an italian kung-fu instructor who knew him. The italian sniper who kills Bruce's girl was Gianni Nunnari, who became a successful producer in Hollywood (300 and Seven; maybe Ive already written this somewhere, sorry if Im repeating myself). When the movie opened in Rome, summer 1981 or 82 I cant recall, there was a huge number of cars and motorbikes in front of the cinema Adriano (a top-notch theatre) because the first weekend alot of Young people went to see it (I was among them). The producer Dick Randall made an Agreement with italian publisher Edizioni Mediterranee and they gave for free a copy of the book BRUCE LEE VIVE ANCORA (the italian title of the movie) to the audience who went the very first day. And I was among them again and took it. Actually the booklet was just a kind of karate manual with some bad photos from the movie and few other things, just a trick, a promo device.  But I feel simpathy for those days, when an HK kung.fu actioner could be seen on a big screen instead of dvd. A curious trivia: see the cover of the booklet below? the face is the real Lee from the final freeze frame of Fist of Fury (when he jumps on the air before the shooting), but the body came from Marvel's Iron Fist comic-book. In the comic-book Iron Fist had his uniform, they just made it bare-cheasted with pants and the face of Bruce Lee. Ken Dale, the author of the booklet, simply does not exist. 

th.jpg

Always great to hear stories from when these movies were released. Very interesting (and sad) bit of trivia about the guy's tragic story. I actually have the book you mentioned on your post. 

book1.jpg

• Like 3

This excerpt from a French BL documentary, features some rare clips taken from the French trailer. For one of the Green Hornet, film compilations.

• Like 1

I already watched many Bruceploitation Movies. The only ones left are ''Colt Blooded Murder'' with Bruce Le and many Ramon Zamora and Rey Malonzo films. I only find ''Cold Blooded Murder'' at amazon.com, but I can't watch it, because I'm from germany. Has Somebody a copy of it? Please PM

I saw some advertise pictures from some philipines Bruceploitaion films with Ramon Zamora and Rey Malonzo  with english titles. So there must have been english dubbed versions.

The titles are: Deadly Rookies, Dragon Fire, Dragon Force Connection, Fish and Fury, The Pig Boss, The golden Chaku, King Plaster, The magnificent Brute, Shadow of the Dragon, Pinoy Boxer, Radical Boxer challenges Big Boss, Pasiklab Brothers, They call him Bruce Lee

Has anybody these films?

• Like 3

Bruceploitation getting covered in the RadioTime's, how things have changed. The genre must be getting more well known, for this team to devote some space to it on their site.

Enter the Clones: a brief look at the world of Bruceploitation films

Find out about the masses of films released to cash in on Bruce Lee's popularity

Link- https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-11-25/enter-the-clones-a-brief-look-at-the-world-of-bruceploitation-films/

14086153295_7dbbae308d_b.jpg

Here's a more extensive article, just published this month by writer Internet write, Richard Marshall.

Stewart Home’s Bruceploitation Groove

Link-https://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/stuart-homes-bruceploitation-groove/

homereen-s-2.jpg?resize=514,514&ssl=1

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Killer Meteor
5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I don't think this trailer appeared on many DVDs, probably because it was a very last minute change of title from TOWER OF DEATH following 9/11.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I don't think this trailer appeared on many DVDs, probably because it was a very last minute change of title from TOWER OF DEATH following 9/11.

I picked up the later Cine-Asia re-issue, so cant comment about the earlier editions?.

What you said was reported in IMPACT magazine back in 2001, how times have changed, Hollywood would never have dreamed of prducing Skyscraper, back then.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor

It's on the HKL DVD for GOD2 but I don't recall it turning up elsewhere.

Mind you, I never saw the HKL trailer for Dragon Lord anywhere but it's own disc.

• Like 2