This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

55 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

AKA  a sequence from Big Boss II ;)

I cant recall if that sequence was re-used in the BB2?, I know this subject came up when I reviewed that movie. Recall someone pointing out that a scene was inserted, from another Dragon Lee production. It might have been you who mentioned this @Killer Meteor?.

Big Boss 2 with Dragon Lee a.k.a Dragon Lee Part 2(1981), not to be confused with this much earlier flick, made in 1976.

30087383_164498750924179_533452805227151

• Like 1

A film commemorating kungfu film star Bruce Lee began filming earlier this month in Sichuan's Luzhou Fangshan Natural Scenic Area. The film, 《双节棍》 (which means "Nunchucks," but there seems to have been no mention of it yet in any English-language media, and no word on whether it will be released in English), is scheduled to premier on November 27 of this year, which would have been Bruce Lee's 70th birthday.

For the complete article, please click on the link below.

Link- http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/1662/new_bruce_lee_movie_filming_underway_in_sichuans_luzhou

Did this Bruce Lee Tribtue flick get completed?, and if so, was there an English frinedly release?.

Director and star, Chen Tianxing, get's out the nunchaku

2088.jpg

• Like 1

Enter The Game of Death(1978)

Samuel Wells(Golden Dragon Silver Snake) and Hung Kin-Lung pay homage to the iconic Bruce Lee, Chucks Norris Way of The Dragon promotional photos.

Bruceploitation64.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, DragonClaws said:

Today we're overwhelmed by actioners with FX, so this makes me love even more the old Kung-Fu pix made on shoestring. Seeing the above cover-art  THE TONGFATHER, aka NOTORIUS BANDIT, italian title IL PADRINO DI HONG KONG (transl, The Godfather from Hong Kong), I remember it as violent from the scene before the opening credits to the last one, fast, no psychology (just "Psycho" fighters!!!), almost no lines, but a legion of vets, from the star Roc Tien and his brother Tien Ho (at his debut), to the extra stuntman Shi Ting Ken, in an uncompromising tale of cops that are more bloody than  the criminals they're investigating on; and with at least one memorable scene: how many of you forgot Chen Hung Lieh crushing is leg as self-punition in front of the clan? And that impressed reaction from that great Shut Chung Tien at seeing it? I'd bet none of you forgot that moment. All in all a riot of a crime-story.  Thanx.  

Edited by yiyuen
  • Like 2

I think of already told everyone that I walked out on Clones of Bruce Lee after the first 10 minutes, it was a triple feature. The scene where Bolo was "instructing" them was atrocious. Now I see they have Bruce/Dragon Lee doing shapes in one of the photos, which is really silly, as that was exactly the kind of stuff he and his student thought was ridiculous in his writings (James Lee takes about learning form after form, with names of moves like "Nine Dragons Out to Sea" and how it was a way to collect gym fees, not real martial arts).  Yeah, I probably won't catch up on this, life is too short, LOL!

Edited by NoKUNGFUforYU
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I think of already told everyone that I walked out on Clones of Bruce Lee after the first 10 minutes, it was a triple feature. The scene where Bolo was "instructing" them was atrocious. Now I see they have Bruce/Dragon Lee doing shapes in one of the photos, which is really silly, as that was exactly the kind of stuff he and his student thought was ridiculous in his writings (James Lee takes about learning form after form, with names of moves like "Nine Dragons Out to Sea" and how it was a way to collect gym fees, not real martial arts).  Yeah, I probably won't catch up on this, life is too short, LOL!

COBL is one even Bruceploitation fans don't rate that highly either.

1 hour ago, yiyuen said:

Today we're overwhelmed by actioners with FX, so this makes me love even more the old Kung-Fu pix made on shoestring. Seeing the above cover-art  THE TONGFATHER, aka NOTORIUS BANDIT, italian title IL PADRINO DI HONG KONG (transl, The Godfather from Hong Kong),

It's something else to see people perform the moves themselves, even with heavy use of doubles. When its being enhanced or done with SFX, it just doesnt have the same edge to it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Yeah, I though the giant Dragon Lee doing teeny-weeny Mantis fist looked silly, especially when you know he has a powerful kick.

21 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

10 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Yeah, I though the giant Dragon Lee doing teeny-weeny Mantis fist looked silly, especially when you know he has a powerful kick.

Though this film has it's flaws and faults, IMO it's still entertaining and has a great cast...

clones ad - Copy.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ThunderScore said:

Though this film has it's flaws and faults, IMO it's still entertaining and has a great cast...

clones ad - Copy.jpg

To each there own. For me, watching a Bruce Lee imitator was a desperate act out of boredom and the wish that sooner or later they would do a decent one. Every now and then, nothing was playing in Chinatown as the years moved on and the Kung Fu craze gave way to other pictures over there.

4 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

To each there own. For me, watching a Bruce Lee imitator was a desperate act out of boredom and the wish that sooner or later they would do a decent one.

When these pictures were released, they were IIRC not well received by reviewers of the day, yet they're still here and still have a following.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Ask him when is he making Enter The Game Of Death 2? it's been too long 😎

Paired up with the Afghan BL as his new protege?.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltysam said:

it could work 😁

Re:Enter The Game Of Death, one man, must find a student, tough enough to surivive the ultimate Martial battle.

You heard it here first on Kung Fu Fandom.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, DragonClaws said:

COBL is one even Bruceploitation fans don't rate that highly either.

It's something else to see people perform the moves themselves, even with heavy use of doubles. When its being enhanced or done with SFX, it just doesnt have the same edge to it.

Actually COBL is highly rated by fans of trash cinema, because it riunited three lookalikes plus Bolo and Jon T. Benn; obviously when I say "highly" I mean for laughs! I cant imagine someone took him for a movie. Its a Comic-book writeen during an acid trip! Personally, if we got into Bruceploitation, I do prefer Exit the Dragon, Enter the tiger (another bad one, but not SO bad) or the biopic Bruce Lee Superstar/Legend of Bruce Lee/Chinese Chieh Chuan Kungfu with "Bruce Li", totally invented but with a romantic and sad vein very unusual. Anyway you're right, real actor moving themselves even using stuntdoubles, are the real deal, that's why the old 70's kung-fu pics will be Always in my heart. People like Cheung Lik, Wang Yu, Henry Yue Young, Jason Pai Piao, Chen Hsing, Leung Siu Lung, Meng Fei, Chiang Tao and all the rest of that chinese army,are still stuck in my mind much more than Jet Li. We could say they werent such a great Actors (but this is something we could argue, actually some of them were very good actors badly used), we could say they werent Bruce Lee (and nobody is like him!) but they were something you cant see in Hollywood craps! They were true at their jobs, honest performers, acrobatic devils in some case (as the late Hon Kwok Choy to say one), unbelievable artists who gave their most, often in the worst conditions. I HATE modern FX actioners!!! Thanx. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yiyuen said:

Actually COBL is highly rated by fans of trash cinema, because it riunited three lookalikes plus Bolo and Jon T. Benn; obviously when I say "highly" I mean for laughs! I cant imagine someone took him for a movie. Its a Comic-book writeen during an acid trip! Personally, if we got into Bruceploitation, I do prefer Exit the Dragon, Enter the tiger (another bad one, but not SO bad)

It does have it's fans, but whats odd, is that I see more Bruceploitation fans dislike it. Then say general Trash cineam fans, who don't follow the Kung Fu genre as closely. Exit The Dragon Enter The Tger is far better in my opinion, but I'm sure some people prefer COBL. To me, it was a wasted oppertunity, and they really needed Bruce Li in their too.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, DragonClaws said:

DragonLeeKungFuFever.jpg

Yeah, I remember this, released in Italy as Bruce Lee la vendetta del drago nero (B. Lee the Revenge of Black Dragon), a funny item. As usual Martin Chui and Kim Ki Ju were in it. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, DragonClaws said:

a friend

A friend of mine met him and Wang Jang Li whilst they were shooting Bruce Le strikes back in Rome, of course he didn't know them, he was just passing there driving his car and noticed a little troupe making kung-fu at the Colosseum. One year later when I saw the movie at the theater I realized. Great photo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, yiyuen said:

A friend of mine met him and Wang Jang Li whilst they were shooting Bruce Le strikes back in Rome, of course he didn't know them, he was just passing there driving his car and noticed a little troupe making kung-fu at the Colosseum. One year later when I saw the movie at the theater I realized. Great photo.

Thats a cool story, and back in the day when not everyone had some sort of picture taking device on them. It's one of my favorite Bruceploitation films, despite the misleading title. We never got a full blown Ninja/Bruceploitationer cross-over, and if any clone was upto that task, its Huang Kin-Lung.

The+Ninja+Strikes+Back+Dutch+World+Home+

The+Ninja+Strikes+Back+US+All+American+V

• Like 1